Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Ben is not too blame. TACKLING and WR's are!

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    170
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Maybe we should just sit all wr's and just let Jerricho and Plaxico play. 2 TE, 2 wr, QB and RB.
    Gumbands

  2. #12
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    170
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I disagree to an extent, I will say that Ben is not the only reason they lost today but he was part of it and not just for the interception. Did you see all those low passes and high passes today? He was dumping balls at the receivers feet too often.
    Yep, and I am wondering if it is lingering from the injury and rotation/velocity is not where it should be on those pass types. Front line is ok, but all of the others looked off kilter.
    Gumbands

  3. #13
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    58
    My Mood
    Grumpy

    My Social Networks

    Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

    Re: Ben is not too blame. TACKLING and WR's are!

    Quote Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
    Maybe we should just sit all wr's and just let Jerricho and Plaxico play. 2 TE, 2 wr, QB and RB.
    Something needs to be done. These young WRs arent reliable. Its only a matter of time before one of them f***s up. Whether it be a fumble, dropped pass etc. Tomlin has to be fuming right now.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

  4. #14
    2nd String scott0326's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    567
    These injuries in the secondary are hurting this team a lot too... Josh Victorian or whatever sucks and Robert Golden is also garbage.

  5. #15
    BlacknGold Bleeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    da Burgh
    Posts
    5,384
    We are playing our 5-6 string CBs and you wonder where Troy and Clark are?? I'd be willing to bet they were back in coverage. Decastro and Beachum are basically making their first start in the NFL and you wonder why running game and pass protection are not top notch? The WR not holding onto or catching the ball is happening way to often. Ben's loss of accuracy maybe from the shoulder but ain't nobody going to admit that right now. The tackling was flat out horrible, Victorian showed why he wasn't on a NFL roster with his lack of effort to wrap people up,but he was not the only one guilty of that.




    BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

  6. #16
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    wallace ran a crap route too.
    Very similar to the one Burress ran in Cleveland when Batch was picked on the out route. never drove the defender off, just just kind of curled off and never came back for the ball. Defender made a great play, but Wallace did run a bad route.

    Just not sure why the Steelers abadoned the run - this team has to be balanced for them to win games.

  7. #17
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    We are playing our 5-6 string CBs and you wonder where Troy and Clark are?? I'd be willing to bet they were back in coverage. Decastro and Beachum are basically making their first start in the NFL and you wonder why running game and pass protection are not top notch? The WR not holding onto or catching the ball is happening way to often. Ben's loss of accuracy maybe from the shoulder but ain't nobody going to admit that right now. The tackling was flat out horrible, Victorian showed why he wasn't on a NFL roster with his lack of effort to wrap people up,but he was not the only one guilty of that.
    on the money on this one.

  8. #18
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by scott0326 View Post
    These injuries in the secondary are hurting this team a lot too... Josh Victorian or whatever sucks and Robert Golden is also garbage.
    Our DB's are assigned to bend not break right? So.. If they dont try to get a few INT's and instead they do the usual and let them catch but then miss the tackle, then it looks really bad. the young guys played, they did good. we almost won.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 12-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.

  9. #19
    @CoachZach_ Zachintosh66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toledo, Oh
    Posts
    6,993
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I disagree to an extent, I will say that Ben is not the only reason they lost today but he was part of it and not just for the interception. Did you see all those low passes and high passes today? He was dumping balls at the receivers feet too often.

    Agree that young money was a joke today and this team can't tackle worth a ****.
    Ben single handedly kept us in this game. Otherwise we would have been blown out.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

    2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)


    [ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

  10. #20
    @CoachZach_ Zachintosh66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toledo, Oh
    Posts
    6,993
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Golden was horrible... but its your 4th/5th Saftey in playing Man coverage @ CB. Thats not a good recipe for anyone...

    Josh Victorain didnt actually play that terribly for a guy that wasnt in the NFL a few weeks ago. Did we really expect a guy off the street to come in and not get picked on. I expected a long day with him but still again not a recipe anyone wants...


    Injuries more than any other thing this year has been our achillies heel. But this is football and you will have to play hurt and/or injured, therefore you need to have the depth to be able to compete. That is where the FO/Coaches has dropped the ball...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

    2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)


    [ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Horrid Tackling
    By Speeed in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 09:30 AM
  2. Best Tackling Corners?
    By sdurity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
  3. Gay Needs To Work On His Tackling
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 11:19 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •