Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ben The Choking QB

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Is there REALLy a thread calling Ben a "choking QB"???

And Peter King was NOT right about Steelers fans???
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    This. The Steelers dick around for the first three quarters of a game, then they expect Ben to be able to bail them out everytime at the end. And when he doesn't....... BOOOOOOOO! BEN STINKS! BOOOOOOOOO! YINZ GOTTA CUT BEN NOW! BOOOOOOOOOO!

Screw balance. This isn't a ground n pound or clock possession game anymore. Win the game earlier and maybe the Steelers will be in fewer circumstances where they always have to hope Ben pulls something out of his *** in the fourth.
    ok, if they need to 'be who they are', then, since we are talking ben, offense, etc, after basically eight years behind center...i dont care who the offensive coordinator is, can ben more consistently call changes of plays then to 'be who they are'?

that little post game interview ben noting the play calling issues, are we still saying after 8 years ben can step up behind center and say to himself, wtf did haley call they for? and say 'no, this play(s) needs run' so that they can 'be who they are'??

im not saying every play,but if ben is going to note the playcalling lacks a certain something, shouldnt he decide at the line if there is something better, or not complain at all then?

if you are aiming for 'be who they are', then ben has to make the offense 'be who he is'....

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: Ben The Choking QB

Tomlin said Ben does chsnge plays often, but with reason. He's not gonna audible just bc he doesnt like a play personally. He'll audible if the defense is showing him something he doesnt like. He did apologize for his postgame 'play calling' comments. Whether the apology was sincere or politics, i dont know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Banned
    If it's 2nd and 9 and we have 3 tight ends on the field for a run play whats he going to do? Change to pass for David freaking Paulson?

The first order of business for this offense is to stop the obsession with getting scrubs like Paulson and Johnson on the field.

Three wide, a RB, Heath.

That should be their main formation.
    Last edited by Crash; 12-20-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    If it's 2nd and 9 and we have 3 tight ends on the field for a run play whats he going to do? Change to pass for David freaking Paulson?

The first order of business for this offense is to stop the obsession with getting scrubs like Paulson and Johnson on the field.

Three wide, a RB, Heath.

That should be their main formation.
    That's not what Coach Art wants...

Banned
    Nope. He wants the smashmouth BS.

Which is why IMO Ben will NOT retire as a Steeler QB.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Nope. He wants the smashmouth BS.

Which is why IMO Ben will NOT retire as a Steeler QB.
    ugh, cant even think about that....

Draft Pick
    Hopefully Dan Rooney makes Art stand in a corner now that he's back. Honestly, I know many Steelers fans don't want to criticize anyone with the last name of Rooney, but this guy is nowhere near the class of owner his father and grandfather were.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Not blaming Ben at all but saying he is no longer good at comebacks at all this season. Point of this post is what happened to him when he was one of the best at it ?
    What is different?

Hmmmmmm.....a new OC and new plays? Ben has always been exceptional in the no huddle. Wallace is not dependable, he watched while the defender got up and ran down the sideline...... AB dropping the ball.....

Ben, did his job and mistakes by others threw it away!

Banned
    Ben has 3 4th quarter comebacks this season which is usually the norm for him minus 2008 when he had six.

Thread Information