Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben The Choking QB

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Does everyone realize we have no running game to speak of. Are running backs are not NFL grade and can't get outside, hence the bubble screens.

No running game equates to no play action pass, an effective weapon Ben no longer has. We need to upgrade the running back position in the offseason.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: Ben The Choking QB

Cant we just accept the fact the Steelers have many things they need to improve on? Turnovers, reliability of receivers, run game, secondary, pass rush, turnover special teams....There are so many things that need corrected! The Steelers should consider themselves lucky on so many levels at this point in the season. They have a knack for letting teams stick around (good and bad). They dont know how to put pressure on teams or put them away early. Can anyone remember the Steelers' last convincing win this season? I dont.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Alright, NOT saying that Ben is the reason why the game was lost...but really? Everyone backing Ben 100% didn't watch the same game I did. He missed at least 3 EXTREMELY easy throws and the TD throw to AB he got very lucky that AB scooped that one up. This game and the last game he hasn't been nearly as accurate as he was before the injury. Maybe that shoulder is still bothering him a little.
    Looked like he was throwing behind his receivers a bit too much.

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    C'mon now... In all fairness,Ben came back too quick and he's out of synch.
    Who knows,maybe it was suggested he not comeback at all but he stepped up anyway??
    This..^^^^
    I had an earlier post where when Ben is shooting those short dump passes, they just look out of synch and no velocity (several one jumpers today). Long ball got 60 yards down field, but that was a straight shot. I think the shoulder is worse than they let on and Ben is trying why he can to rally to try and win, but with the injury, things are not firing properly. Could be something with sideways or fade type throws or it could be something with the flak jacket and Kevlar he has to wear. Maybe hat is affecting his throwing motion too much for these past couple of games. Just a thought.
    Gumbands

My issue with Ben is he doesnt seem to improve every year. He seems like the Ben of a few years ago without any improvement in his game. Im not saying he is garbage by any means, he is a very good qb, but if he wants to be up there with Brady and Manning he needs to take more time to study defenses so he can set his line up to protect him better. Im not saying he is lazy, I just think his ceiling is much more higher than what he is playing at now. Just my opnion.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    His shoulder got banged up around today as well....I'm telling you though and I'm not making excuses but Ben taking that shot in the head late by Ware really shook Ben up....I think Ben was done at that point and that effected him big time......

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    What at this point have you seen to give you hope that the Steelers can get passed the Bengals or in all honesty get out of the first round of the playoffs.
    We already beat them.......????

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Andy Dalton is 0-6 vs the Steelers and Ravens in his career....But this team must play much better...starting next week....

My Mood
    colts-hater
    I still like the Steelers next week at home. I will take Big Ben against the Bungles in a do or die situation to come through more times then not. It will be a good game but I still think the Steelers will find a way to win this game when all is said and done...Should be a fun next 6 days or so leading up to this game. And dont forget the Steelers still have a chance to win this division if they beat the Bengals next Sunday and the Ravens lose to the Giants who desperately will need to win now next week seeing they got blown out by the Falcons and are no longer in 1st place now. If both those scenarios take place it will then come down to the final week to see who will win the AFC North...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    There was one throw he missed to i think it was to redman. It was like 3rd and 3. It was an easy throw and easy first down, and Ben threw it at his feet.
    First drive of the second half, and IMO would have been short of the sticks.

Funny how the arm looks good when he's allowed to throw down field.

Thread Information