Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ben The Choking QB

Bookmark and Share
    Just seen the interview with Ben and he said blame him. He admitted to why I made this post in the first place. He said he use to be good at comebacks but wasn't this year and don't know why. He said not to panic though. Well I hope we see the old Ben next season and knew something wasn't right with him.

Ben The Choking QB

Saw it too, he said in past seasons he could do it just not this year. He said he'd be fine not to panic!

Ben The Choking QB

Ben admitting he choked this year and yet people on this board will still argue with you! lol

Ben Roethlisberger discusses Steelers' late-game woes

By Dan Hanzus

Published: December 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM PST

Modified: December 27, 2012 at 4:16 AM PST

The Pittsburgh Steelers have been a postseason staple in the Ben Roethlisberger era in part because the team always has seemed to raise its performance when the game hung in the balance.

The Steelers of recent years knew how to close. Not so much in 2012, and Pittsburgh will be sitting at home in January because of it. The Steelers have lost five their eight games decided by three points or less this season.

On Wednesday, Roethlisberger discussed why that's happened.

"In the past, I've prided myself and our team in the fourth-quarter comebacks," Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette . "We've always said you don't want to have them because then you're usually not doing so well early on in the games. But we've always been good at it. This year just wasn't. I don't think there's a rhyme or reason why."

It has to hurt Roethlisberger, especially considering late interceptions in the past two weeks helped bury his team against the Dallas Cowboys and Cincinnati Bengals .

"I don't think there's any reason to go panic," he said. "I've been pretty good for eight years doing it. I had one not-so-good year at it. I felt like I played pretty good football, though, other than those situations."

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus .

Thanks Latrobe for posting that and think Ben's problem was the fire and the competitive nature was not there. Maybe due to the New baby and other things. I think this season will help Ben get the fire back. Winners don't like losing for long and Ben may comeback better then ever.

Starter
    Yeah Ben was among the favorites for NFL MVP before he was hurt because he had no fire.

Good grief.......

Ben The Choking QB

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Thanks Latrobe for posting that and think Ben's problem was the fire and the competitive nature was not there. Maybe due to the New baby and other things. I think this season will help Ben get the fire back. Winners don't like losing for long and Ben may comeback better then ever.
    With out a doubt.. Take care man!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    This^

Thread Information