Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrid Tackling

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    Which tells me he is being positioned incorrectly or misreading plays.

Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    you folks realize troy was put in deep coverage by lebeau the whole game to possibly help out the backup cornerbacks.....so, kinda hard to ballhawk at the line when that isnt your assignment....

the missed tackles...yup, came up short on a couple, but i guess running fifty yards across the field from his deep position tend to make things a bit dicey when trying to catchup to the ballcarrier who had cleared the first wave of missed tackles.....

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Which tells me he is being positioned incorrectly or misreading plays.
    he is being positioned incorrectly.

when he played up at the line the handful of times i noticed, he was fine, making plays, etc.....the other hand full of times i saw him make tackles was when our moron backup cb's missed tackles or didnt wrap up, troy was there to clean up best he could.....

if our cb's were not so battered, lebeau wouldnt have had troy playing back in the next zip code... i saw one shot of dallas on offense, the camera shot behind tony romo, and you could just make out Troy on the horizon, he was a blip on the screen deep deep middle...

cant be much of an impact player that way.

Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    if our cb's were not so battered, lebeau wouldnt have had troy playing back in the next zip code... i saw one shot of dallas on offense, the camera shot behind tony romo, and you could just make out Troy on the horizon, he was a blip on the screen deep deep middle...

cant be much of an impact player that way.
    A voice of reason ...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Between the grabbing vs body tackling and the over pursuit of defenders yesterday, very frustrating to watch. The secondary was a who's who of nobodys. When you're down to Golden, DVD, Victorian, and Brown, you're in some deep do-do defensively. Troy can't freelance becuase of the lack of talent in the secondary yesterday.

Well, apparently the playoff start Sunday vs Cincy. Question is which Steelers tem is going to show up?

Thread Information