Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently Andrew Luck is already better than Ben Roethlisberger

Bookmark and Share

Angry Apparently Andrew Luck is already better than Ben Roethlisberger

At least idiot non-Steeler fans seem to think so despite his 18 TD passes and 18 INTs, considering he has 15,545 more votes for the Pro Bowl than Roethlisberger does.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    At least idiot non-Steeler fans seem to think so despite his 18 TD passes and 18 INTs, considering he has 15,545 more votes for the Pro Bowl than Roethlisberger does.
    Pro Bowl voting by the fans is always a popularity contest.....I guess my voting for Ben hasn't helped...lol

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    That's why I don't put too much value in pro-bowl voting. It is a popularity contest. I"m a USC fan and for Junior Seau to make the pro-bowl as much as he did was a joke. Seau was never really that good but because he posed well after the play, and the media played him up so much, he was in those probowls.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Apparently Andrew Luck is already better than Ben Roethlisberger

Pro bowl football shouldn't even be considered a sport. It's lame!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Veteran
    Why does anyone really care about this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Why does anyone really care about this stuff?
    Because it shows you how full of **** most NFL fans are. Very few have minds of their own.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Because it shows you how full of **** most NFL fans are. Very few have minds of their own.
    I have a mind of my own.

I think Luck is significantly more TALENTED than Roethlisberger. Talent, as measured by QB needy attributes like :
    Accuracy, pocket awareness, mobility, arm strength, football IQ, guts, leadership, etc...
    (I don't care about pro bowl voting, it's meaningless)

Talent needs to be realized (winning, statistical performance) before Luck can be classified as BETTER than Roethlisberger.

Luck is the singular reason the Colts are headed to the playoffs. He's a rookie, and it should be expected that he makes a lot of mistakes (18 Ints).

But also recognize, that Luck is going to throw more passes in his rookie year, than Ben threw in his first TWO seasons COMBINED.

I rank Roethlisberger as one of the top 5 QBs in the game right now
    I do NOT rank Luck as one of the top 5 QBs in the game RIGHT NOW

But i DO think Luck is a lot more talented, and will be a generational talent who will be in the conversation of BEST QB in the game shortly

The only fans that are full of ****, are those who have an opinion without information (information being actually watching the games)

Banned
    QBR
    Ben 69.3 (#7 NFL)
    Luck 67.4 (#9 NFL)

Luck is doing it on a team that finished dead last in the NFL last year and basically only added draft pick players
    Luck is doing it as a ROOKIE, with an offensive coordinator that most Steelers fans thought was horrible

Luck's QBR RIGHT NOW 67.4, is better than Roethlisberger's 08-11 (46.8, 67.3, 64.1, 63.6) in the SAME OFFENSE...

Luck is more talented. I don't think that's a crazy statement. I think any knowledgeable football fan who is WATCHING, would be able to recognize that.

NYC, you've admitted to not watching Luck this year... Maybe you should?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I agree with you about Luck being more talented.....Andrew Luck has everything you want in a QB prospect....I watched Luck play while he was at Stanford and I agree the sky is the limit for Luck.....But Luck's NFL career is still in the early stages that we all really don't know how good or great Luck will be......So I look at Luck at having the potential to be one of the best.....

But ESPN's QBR rating is as big of joke as the NFL QB rating........Luck has 18 INT's this year and Ben only has 5 so I have major problems with them being so close in QBR...I understand there is more than just INT's when factoring in QBR......But I think its a flaw stat as much as the NFL's QR rating......

Looking at their rookie years its hard to compare since you're right Luck is asked to thrown a lot more then Ben.........But that was Cowher ball....Build a lead and then just run the football to kill the clock......But you mentioned Luck taking over a team that just won 2 games the year before and you're right.....But Ben also came in the 2nd game of the 04 season to replace an injured Maddox and the Steelers only won 6 games in 2003.........Of course the 2004 Steelers were a much better team then 2012 Colts but I doubt the 2004 Steelers make the play-offs with Maddox.......So Ben was also a key player in that team reaching the AFC title game that season and only losing 1 game in the regular season......

But back to the stats......Ben still threw 17 TD's in just 295 pass attempts so his TD percentage was 5.8 his rookie year.....Luck has thrown 18 TD's while having 537 pass attempts so far...Luck's TD percentage; is 3.4..........So if Ben did throw the ball as much as Luck his rookie Ben might have thrown 30 TD's.......Ben and Luck's INT percentage; were close in their rookie years....Ben's was 3.7 and Luck's 3.4........Luck does also have 5 rushing TD's and Ben did only have 1 his rookie year.....

Sorry for the rambling but I do think people forget how good Ben was his rookie year and how much of a factor he was on the 2004 and 2005 Steelers.......They knock Ben for not having the pass attempts but I think that is stupid....It proved to be a winning formula those seasons but at the sametime if Ben had the chance to throw more he would have had the stats like most of these rookie QB's are putting up lately.......Ben also led a team to the Super Bowl and won his 2nd year......His play in three play-off games were huge in the Steelers reaching Super Bowl XL......Will be interesting to see if Luck can match that....He has the talent.....But will he?
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 12-14-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Luck is a good QB.

But last I checked, He didn't make the most clutch pass and catch in Super Bowl history. ( Ben to Santonio Holmes)
    And to be truthful, with all those picks he throws before he gets started, he never will be in a position to make a clutch championship pass & catch.

Luck is not equal to Ben. Atleast not yet. But he's a good, good talent and worthy of the number one selection overall.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information