Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrid Tackling

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Horrid Tackling

I thought my head was going to explode watching the Steelers trying to tackle. The yards after catch and contact are what kept Dallas in the game. Troy easily missed three tackles. Totally whiffed. Victorian was schooled. Not his fault, he did the best he could, but Troy? Man. Dallas was getting yards left and right. Every single play.

Tackling is one of the issues I think they need to work on that. Troy needs a refresher, for sure

Troy is not helping the team at all He sucks in coverage, and has not made a big play since returning. Woodley was useless in game today. The tackling was the worst I've ever seen out of the Steelers, and 'Ive been watching them since 69. Too slow to start on both sides of the ball, and way too conservative until they are behind. Start fining the players that are dropping passes and fumbling away the season.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    victorian was horrible. who was this golden. my fear our secondary was too depleted.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Secondary injuries were a huge issue, but the Cowgirls had them too. Injuries were big for both teams.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Starter
    I saw two plays in particular with Troy:

The first was a sideline tackle. Troy went in for a tackle, arms spread, moving forward, head down - totally missed. I don't even think the guy saw him.

The second one was worse. He actually jumped in the air and flew right over the runner. Yes, he jumped right over top. Poor technique.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    The tackling was pretty bad but Troy was real bad. He looked like a stuntman diving
    thru windows and landing on a air bag. Pathetic. He needs to step the F up and make
    plays or get the F off the damn field. Where is the blitz and ball hawking? Where is the
    timely turnover or interception? I love the dude but seriously? BNG Forever should have
    alot to say on this one. LOL

Rookie Free Agent
    We were missing Ike Taylor big time. Dude is a shutdown corner and wicked tackler. He has had a few bad games, but you can really tell when he isn't playing.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Golden and Victorian? Never even heard of these guys.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Starter
    Funny you said that. I made the stuntman comment to my wife. The airbag comment was funny, I will have to relay that to her.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    The tackling was pretty bad but Troy was real bad. He looked like a stuntman diving
    thru windows and landing on a air bag. Pathetic. He needs to step the F up and make
    plays or get the F off the damn field. Where is the blitz and ball hawking? Where is the
    timely turnover or interception? I love the dude but seriously? BNG Forever should have
    alot to say on this one. LOL

Starter
    you folks realize troy was put in deep coverage by lebeau the whole game to possibly help out the backup cornerbacks.....so, kinda hard to ballhawk at the line when that isnt your assignment....

the missed tackles...yup, came up short on a couple, but i guess running fifty yards across the field from his deep position tend to make things a bit dicey when trying to catchup to the ballcarrier who had cleared the first wave of missed tackles.....

Thread Information