Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the real Woodley please stand up/ DL play man?

Bookmark and Share

Will the real Woodley please stand up/ DL play man?

I know Im going to get some heat for this. This season has been subpar for Wood. You might as well put Worilds on his side, there is no difference it seems. The lack of pressure on the QB can go on our front 3 also, but seriously, does Wood have any other move besides a bullrush? I know he has been banged up, but how much are we paying this guy. You can make an excuse for him for being doubled this season with Harrsion out, but in years past he tore it up without Harrison. Troy, did anyone see that tackle where he leaped over an imaginary defender just to try and get to Dez Bryants side? Or whoever the receiver was??

Now onto DL. I know his philosophy is not to give up the big play. But when an offense is averaging 8 yards per play on you, it takes only 3 plays to equal a big play. Then in the last 2 minutes of the game you decide to play man coverage??? WHAT THE ****!!!! Keisel needs to be taken out of the game more so Heyward can be getting more reps.

I am confused as hell to the identity of this team, Ben doesnt seem like he is taking an extra step forward this season at all. The lack of pressure on the Qb is pathetic, the lack of Int's/forced fumbles, Mental errors(AB). I mean is Ben seriously sliding the line into right protections??? Fans like to think Pouncey is a great leader because he brings an attitude, well either they are full of **** or the other guys arent getting it on the line.

Sorry for the rant.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You're right about Woodley....The amount of money that him and Troy make and they both have been injured all the time which they're not even effective when we need them most.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    You're right about Woodley....The amount of money that him and Troy make and they both have been injured all the time which they're not even effective when we need them most.....
    It was just frustrating to watch tonight and past weeks (pretty much all season) the lack of pressure we get from the edge guys. Yes, Harrsion as well but we dont expect Harrison to be back after this season. Wood isnt as elusive as Harrison was a few years back or Peezy was in his Pittsburgh days. I said this a long time ago. Wood needs to lose some weight, maybe 10 pounds or so so he can be quicker. Im not saying he is a scrub/bust or anything like that, but he needs to get back to his old form of dominating tackles and get to the QB.

Looks like Timmons is having a better year than Woodley. Maybe Wood is still injured? I dont know, we lost another game...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Woodley coming off an ankle injury that has kept him out a couple games and was spelled on full series at a time because he was clearly not 100%. Not to mention him dropping into coverage more than he rushed...again.

Let's see. Here's the top 10 pass rushers up to when Woodley was hurt, in terms of pass rush productivity (total pressure vs. times rushed). 6th in the NFL is pretty horrible.

Rank Name Team Pass Rush Snaps Total Pressure PRP
    1 Von Miller DEN 260 51 15.7
    2  Justin Houston KC 155 30 15.6
    3  Charles Johnson CAR 267 47 14.1
    4  Cameron Wake MIA 339 56 13.2
    5  DeMarcus Ware DAL 233 37 13.1
    6  Lamarr Woodley PIT 138 22 12.5
    7  Chris Long SL 304 48 12.3
    8  Bruce Irvin SEA 189 27 11.9
    9  Kyle Moore BUF 100 15 11.8
    10  Clay Matthews GB 291 42 11.7
    How about pass rush productivity on 3rd and 4th down? (through last week, even with Woodley missing games)

But even just looking at pressure numbers won’t give you an idea of who the most productive guys are. No, you need to be able to work out how much pressure they got relative to how many times they rushed the passer. That’s where our Pass Rushing Productivity formula comes in handy.

With this little beauty of a formula I can categorically hand the victory to Cameron Wake in terms of who the most productive pass rusher in the league on third and fourth downs is after 14 weeks of NFL action. Kudos to Wake who edges out Miller, while Lamarr Woodley is up in third. You see what the Steelers are missing with his injuries keeping him off the field — Woodley has rushed the passer just 59 times on third down.

Here’s the Top 5.

Rank Name Team Pass Rushes ToralPressure PRP
    1 Cameron Wake MIA 120 30 20.42
    2 Von Miller DEN 120 28 19.79
    3 Lamarr Woodley PIT 59 14 19.49
    4 Jason Babin JAX 96 23 19.27
    5 Derrick Morgan TEN 99 24 19.19
    But hey. 3rd in the league in pass rush productivity on 3rd and 4th down is pretty ******.

Worilds is just as good as Woodley...

In relief of Lamar Woodley, Jason Worilds could muster only a single hurry in 25 pass rushing attempts.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Big T I love Woodley but man you have to agree him not being able to stay healthy is killing this team......I'll never understand for the life of me why the old man constantly has Woodley/Harrison drop in coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Woodley coming off an ankle injury that has kept him out a couple games and was spelled on full series at a time because he was clearly not 100%. Not to mention him dropping into coverage more than he rushed...again.

Let's see. Here's the top 10 pass rushers up to when Woodley was hurt, in terms of pass rush productivity (total pressure vs. times rushed). 6th in the NFL is pretty horrible.

How about pass rush productivity on 3rd and 4th down? (through last week, even with Woodley missing games)

But hey. 3rd in the league in pass rush productivity on 3rd and 4th down is pretty ******.

Worilds is just as good as Woodley...

http://www.profootballfocus.com/
    I respect where your coming from, but Wood has been pathetic this season. You can bring up pressure all you want but he still isnt sacking the QB and with this team probably in the lower part of the NFL in getting off the field on 3rd downs, I could care less about that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Big T I love Woodley but man you have to agree him not being able to stay healthy is killing this team......I'll never understand for the life of me why the old man constantly has Woodley/Harrison drop in coverage?
    Absolutely him being hurt has hurt the team. But when he's been out there and healthy, he's the only guy all season that has gotten at least somewhat consistent pressure. Saying he's been pathetic this season is, well, pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Absolutely him being hurt has hurt the team. But when he's been out there and healthy, he's the only guy all season that has gotten at least somewhat consistent pressure. Saying he's been pathetic this season is, well, pathetic.
    I think subpar can replace "pathetic" Sorry, still in rant mode

Woodley has always been trash, he only gets sack when being blocked by a backup tackle, a tight end, or a runningback. You never even notice a dropoff in play when he sits down for Worilds. Overpayed pile of ****.

Thread Information