Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the real Woodley please stand up/ DL play man?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Yeah let's add more defense so they can sit for 3 years "learning" the system then complain when the offense doesn't average 30 points a game.
    That has to change Crash. I feel ya on players sitting too long.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    We've already spent way too many high picks on the line. Aaron Smith was a 4th and Keisel was a 7th. The reason we're in a down period is because for the last 4 years, we spent 6 of our 8 top picks on the line (including all four #1s), instead of on the skill positions we are struggling with now.

No more high line picks.

Sorry to disappoint you but they are going to use one of their first two picks on that D-line. They have to. There is no pressure coming..especially up the middle! If you can't fix the secondary adequately, then you do the next best thing and that is get the pass rush back.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but they are going to use one of their first two picks on that D-line. They have to. There is no pressure coming..especially up the middle! If you can't fix the secondary adequately, then you do the next best thing and that is get the pass rush back.
    Id be totally ok with them taking womack and hunt in 1 and 2.

Womack gives the steelers a line littered with potential hall of famers

all the linemen they take in the later rounds turn out to be bums (except colon, who i always liked but its time to move on)

Its not common at all to find a stud in the 3rd+ round of the draft when it comes to offensive linemen....theres a handful, but few and very far in between.

We tried tirelessly to find our carl nicks or jason peters but now it needs to be fixed.

Think about Marvel Smith, Alan Faneca, Jeff Hartings, Kendall Simmons, and Max Starks

thats 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd...and i think we can all agree how beastly that line was even if simmons and starks were average.

As far as the dline goes, Hunt is 6-8, 290 runs a 4.6 and can bench 225 around 40-45 times....thats insane. Hes a bit older, and he needs work with technique but he has JJ watt/Calais Campbell potential. He can plat outside in a 34 on 2 downs and he can move inside and get his hands up on 3rd. Theres a handful of them to look at, but im liking hunt right now.

As far as womack goes, if hes there at 17 there only players id pass on him for is jarvis jones or keenan allen/Cordarelle Patterson

This is going to be a pivotal off-season. With a lot of twist and turns.

My Mood
    Addicted
    woodley = sack of ****

&

overrated
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    woodley = sack of ****

&

overrated
    I gotta agree, he's been less than impressive...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Who are the D-Lineman over history in a 3-4 that provide great pressure and sacks? The Pressure from a 3-4 comes from the LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Who are the D-Lineman over history in a 3-4 that provide great pressure and sacks? The Pressure from a 3-4 comes from the LB's.
    they still cant get blown off the ball, that cripples the linebackers.

btw bruce smith, the all time sack leader played in a 34....oh and then theres that JJ watt guy

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    The LB's get the sacks. But the DT gets an initial push which doesn't allow the QB to step into his throwing motion. This forces him to move to either side and the LB's clean him up with the sacks.

We are getting no push whatsoever from the middle of the pash rush. We need better production from the DT position on passing situations. IF we got that slight push up the middle, you'll see how the LB's would start getting those sacks again.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they still cant get blown off the ball, that cripples the linebackers.

btw bruce smith, the all time sack leader played in a 34....oh and then theres that JJ watt guy
    JJ Watt plays for a DC who values his talent.

Our DC wants our DL's to titty dance all day.

Thread Information