Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the real Woodley please stand up/ DL play man?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    eh, the league is looking for quicker OTs to handle speed rush, theres still a market for woodleys type of player because he can put those guys on their ***

having to play next to hood is ZERO benefit for him though, he was great when smith was there
    I was a hood supporter but now, I"ve got my doubts about him BIG TIME! That's why I"m all for addressing DL and LB (not necessarily in that order) with the first two picks.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This message is hidden because NeilPatrickBanana is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    You don't give 10 million per to guys who need a pro bowler next to them to be good. The Steelers were never dumb enough to spend big dough on their LBers, they constantly replenished and let them walk... but when they finally had a contender, they spent the money to keep it together as long as possible (and rightfully so)... but now we are headed to cap hell because of it.

We are going to lose Wallace and Lewis because we overspent to keep guys like Woodley, who based on nothing more than timing (already locked into long term deals with older defense), should have been let go.

50 million for an oft injured, out of shape, 8-10 sack, one dimensional pass rusher is a horrid contract...
    This!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    In some other article, I read that it may be the case that Woodley works out for 1.5 hours a day (or so); at the moment, I don't recall where I saw that. Let me say this: I am a BIG Woodley fan, but I don't think that is enough volume. One and a half hours of work is very definitely not enough in today's game.

I do understand that injuries can befall anyone; like all of you Steeler Addicts, I am so hopeful that our guys don't have to sustain significant injuries this season. This might be our year if we can stay healthy! Go Black & Gold and go Lamarr!!!

Edited out link to rogue site - BRC
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-06-2013 at 08:35 AM.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    If Woodley would spend the same amount of time keeping in shape and preparing for games as he does on facebook and twitter, he might be worth his paycheck.

This seems to be a problem with a lot of players, they get their payday and become fat and happy. I personally wouldn't handout a contract without performance clauses ,owners have to find ways to keep their players hungry.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I was a hood supporter but now, I"ve got my doubts about him BIG TIME! That's why I"m all for addressing DL and LB (not necessarily in that order) with the first two picks.
    We've already spent way too many high picks on the line. Aaron Smith was a 4th and Keisel was a 7th. The reason we're in a down period is because for the last 4 years, we spent 6 of our 8 top picks on the line (including all four #1s), instead of on the skill positions we are struggling with now.

No more high line picks.

Banned
    Yeah let's add more defense so they can sit for 3 years "learning" the system then complain when the offense doesn't average 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    If Woodley would spend the same amount of time keeping in shape and preparing for games as he does on facebook and twitter, he might be worth his paycheck.

This seems to be a problem with a lot of players, they get their payday and become fat and happy. I personally wouldn't handout a contract without performance clauses ,owners have to find ways to keep their players hungry.
    want him to stay offline? kinda nitpicking dont you think, im sure youd be online a lot if all you had to do for a living was play a childs game

Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Hey Steelchamp204

In some other article, I read that it may be the case that Woodley works out for 1.5 hours a day (or so); at the moment, I don't recall where I saw that. Let me say this: I am a BIG Woodley fan, but I don't think that is enough volume. One and a half hours of work is very definitely not enough in today's game.

I do understand that injuries can befall anyone; like all of you Steeler Addicts, I am so hopeful that our guys don't have to sustain significant injuries this season. This might be our year if we can stay healthy! Go Black & Gold and go Lamarr!!!
    Hey Thanks man for the link
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-06-2013 at 09:43 AM.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    want him to stay offline? kinda nitpicking dont you think, im sure youd be online a lot if all you had to do for a living was play a childs game
    No, I said if he spent as much time studying and preparing for games as he does playing online he might be worth the money they pay him.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information