Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the real Woodley please stand up/ DL play man?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Absolutely him being hurt has hurt the team. But when he's been out there and healthy, he's the only guy all season that has gotten at least somewhat consistent pressure. Saying he's been pathetic this season is, well, pathetic.
    He hasn't been pathetic but we needed an effective Woodley out there today and well he wasn't....Its a shame....so much money on defense sitting on the sideline this year at times.....I'm trying to behave about Troy right now....lol

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Looks like Timmons is having a better year than Woodley. Maybe Wood is still injured? I dont know, we lost another game...
    I don't think there's any question that Timmons is having a better season than Woodley.

My Mood
    Addicted
    woodley = overrated
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Agreed on Woodley, he's done nothing this year.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

He hasn't been pathetic but we needed an effective Woodley out there today and well he wasn't....Its a shame....so much money on defense sitting on the sideline this year at times.....I'm trying to behave about Troy right now....lol
    Troy needs to take a huge paycut next year. When he got the contract I thought it was fine, because he was still one of the best safties in the league (at times, arbuably the best). Now, for whatever reason he is not and he should not be paid as such. Not sure if we should blame all the injuries or the defensive scheme or his age, but the IT-factor which he lived by is gone.

As for Woodley, I was hard on him last year as well. I still don't believe that a playe who gets injured that much and is as streaky as he is should be paid the kind of money they did. Sure, he will have 5-6 games per year where he plays like a beast, but then he'll have the same amount of games where I see TEs lock him down. You just don't see that happening to an Aldon Smith or any defensive player on the Broncos defense.

Speaking of which, our d-line might be what is causing the lack of passrush. Keisel has slowed way down this year, and he is not getting any younger. Hampton has actually played better than what I expected he would. Hood is still terrible. He does not get ANY push at all and he hardly gets any important tackles. Heyward might be our best d-line man, but I'm not completely sold on him yet. At least he has shown flashes of greatness in the run-game, but I don't regard him as the game-changing sort of player which is what this team sorely needs on defense.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Woodley? Most of the plays and screens and short passes were on Harrisons side. they stayed away from woodley....

92 is slow and sacked the qb how many times? ... He tackles great when he can tackle. He needs to be replaced by a young #1

50 wont be getting any faster he needs to be replaced by a #1

90 and 93 should have played more.

Still not sure about holding... when woodley and harrison are in a head lock.. its not holding.

when adams , starks, beachum, gilbert. apply a head lock its holding?? anyone else notice this?

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    woodley = overrated
    That's not what you suggested on another thread ... what a jackass!

There! I feel better now!

Oops ... sorry ... you did agree with my sentiment that Woodley was over-rated ... and that Tomlin's drafts are weak ...

Hey ... you're a pretty cool dude!
    Last edited by The Lakelander; 12-17-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Woodley hasn't turned into the player we thought and hoped he might . . . and that goes for the organisation too . . . we stuck a load of money on him being the next Silverback, and it's not panned out.

Very little meaningful impact, tackle shy, sack shy, injury prone, overweight, too busy forging a path off the field to worry about what is going on on it.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    That's not what you suggested on another thread ... what a jackass!

There! I feel better now!

Oops ... sorry ... you did agree with my sentiment that Woodley was over-rated ... and that Tomlin's drafts are weak ...

Hey ... you're a pretty cool dude!
    schizophrenia much? lol I don't understand this LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    Woodley hasn't turned into the player we thought and hoped he might . . . and that goes for the organisation too . . . we stuck a load of money on him being the next Silverback, and it's not panned out.

Very little meaningful impact, tackle shy, sack shy, injury prone, overweight, too busy forging a path off the field to worry about what is going on on it.
    postgame interview last nyte, woodley noted to pompieni that he was in coverage about 60 percent of the game, again, lebeau's decision....cant be rushin the passer when you're not assigned that for most of the game.

Thread Information