Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102

Thread: Will the real Woodley please stand up/ DL play man?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #91
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    theres is only 3 players on the roster i wouldnt trade for a first round pick

    if we could trade troy or harrison for a first rounder (even a second) id be all over it, get a high pick and unload a high salary

    and welker is a FA i believe
    K-Train, Here's a thought on how one move can fix two areas:

    1. What if we draft Johnathan Jenkins (DT from Georgia) and then permanently move Hood over to the DE position? Then, Our D-line would have a great head start on being dominant!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  2. #92
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,939
    i like jenkins but like many scouts have said on him i believe hes either a pro bowler or a guy thats out of the league in 3 years theres not much in between for him.

    Hood is a horrible DE, i can live with the idea of hood eating himself to a NT size. I am a believer that we have a NT between hood, mcclendon, woods but i also think we have ourselves one hell of a DE in heyward once we get to see him play more i believe he will be a master of the 5 tech position, which makes me kinda cringe at the idea of moving hood to DE permanently

    NT could be a need but to me it falls out of the top 5-6 needs. I wouldnt hate jenkins but id have a hard time looking at who we passed on to get him

  3. #93
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    K-Train, Here's a thought on how one move can fix two areas:

    1. What if we draft Johnathan Jenkins (DT from Georgia) and then permanently move Hood over to the DE position? Then, Our D-line would have a great head start on being dominant!
    what? lol
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  4. #94
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i like jenkins but like many scouts have said on him i believe hes either a pro bowler or a guy thats out of the league in 3 years theres not much in between for him.

    Hood is a horrible DE, i can live with the idea of hood eating himself to a NT size. I am a believer that we have a NT between hood, mcclendon, woods but i also think we have ourselves one hell of a DE in heyward once we get to see him play more i believe he will be a master of the 5 tech position, which makes me kinda cringe at the idea of moving hood to DE permanently

    NT could be a need but to me it falls out of the top 5-6 needs. I wouldnt hate jenkins but id have a hard time looking at who we passed on to get him
    You make a good point. I'm just exploring right now on the best ways to maximize our draft picks. I saw Hood move to DE on a couple of situations and he wasn't horrible in my opinion. On a couple of situations, I liked his penetration.

    I don't think that NT falls out of our top 5-6 needs. A nose tackle that can give a consistant , slight push on obvious passing down situation can make the DE and LB's more effective. But we need so much, it's very hard right now to actually say what the#1 priority really is.

    IMO, I think getting the O-line to be a productive, cohesive unit is the #1 priority. But to me, that has more to do now with better O-line coaching, scheme and conditioning.

    It is apparrent that they won't use a high draft pick on a legit CB, and who said there would be one worthy of the #17 pick? So...it's best LB or NT with our first pick. Just how I see it right now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  5. #95
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    You make a good point. I'm just exploring right now on the best ways to maximize our draft picks. I saw Hood move to DE on a couple of situations and he wasn't horrible in my opinion. On a couple of situations, I liked his penetration.

    I don't think that NT falls out of our top 5-6 needs. A nose tackle that can give a consistant , slight push on obvious passing down situation can make the DE and LB's more effective. But we need so much, it's very hard right now to actually say what the#1 priority really is.

    IMO, I think getting the O-line to be a productive, cohesive unit is the #1 priority. But to me, that has more to do now with better O-line coaching, scheme and conditioning.

    It is apparrent that they won't use a high draft pick on a legit CB, and who said there would be one worthy of the #17 pick? So...it's best LB or NT with our first pick. Just how I see it right now.
    if xavier rhodes runs less than a 4.5 he will absolutely be worth #17, outside of him im not sure...maybe banks.

    i dont know what you mean about hood moving to DE, he started 17 games at LDE last year and his problem is he doesnt stack and shed he just tries to beat his man to the outside and bend around the corner like an OLB, but hes too slow and is easliy just pushed out of the field of play

  6. #96
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273

    Will the real Woodley please stand up/ DL play man?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    You make a good point. I'm just exploring right now on the best ways to maximize our draft picks. I saw Hood move to DE on a couple of situations and he wasn't horrible in my opinion. On a couple of situations, I liked his penetration.

    I don't think that NT falls out of our top 5-6 needs. A nose tackle that can give a consistant , slight push on obvious passing down situation can make the DE and LB's more effective. But we need so much, it's very hard right now to actually say what the#1 priority really is.

    IMO, I think getting the O-line to be a productive, cohesive unit is the #1 priority. But to me, that has more to do now with better O-line coaching, scheme and conditioning.

    It is apparrent that they won't use a high draft pick on a legit CB, and who said there would be one worthy of the #17 pick? So...it's best LB or NT with our first pick. Just how I see it right now.
    So, is there some new etiquette where I'm not supposed to say anything about the stupidity above?

    Really you saw Hood "move to DE" a few times? Lol

    We don't use a NT on obvious passig downs, we run a nickel in those situations.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  7. #97
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,867
    Did I miss the part where Ziggy Hood was moved from DE to NT?? Or did the Steelers Move to a 4-3 when I wasn't looking??

  8. #98
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Did I miss the part where Ziggy Hood was moved from DE to NT?? Or did the Steelers Move to a 4-3 when I wasn't looking??
    No..I was just putting suggestions out there. Your still on top of things Nolrog.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #99
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    if xavier rhodes runs less than a 4.5 he will absolutely be worth #17, outside of him im not sure...maybe banks.

    i dont know what you mean about hood moving to DE, he started 17 games at LDE last year and his problem is he doesnt stack and shed he just tries to beat his man to the outside and bend around the corner like an OLB, but hes too slow and is easliy just pushed out of the field of play
    Rodes is a big "IF".

    But Hood was "suppose" to be put at NT on situations too. And I didn't think the coaching staff had real confidence in him being a DE. Meaning, I don't think the dedication from him or the coaching staff was there. I'm looking for clear, defined, roles going forward.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  10. #100
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,243
    As long as 98 is still on the roster he'll be the "starter"....
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Will the real Lawrence Timmons please stand up?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 09:42 AM
  2. If Ben can stand the pain, should he play vs 49ers?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •