Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos@Ravens game thread...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

Broncos@Ravens game thread...

This is still an important game for the Steelers because as long as the Ravens continue to lose the Steelers will still have a chance to win the AFC North. The Steelers with a win today and a loss by the Ravens pull within one game of the division lead, and even if they lose in Dallas and the Ravens lose to Denver the Ravens still do not clinch the AFC North. I mentioned this in another thread that even if the Steelers would lose today in Dallas and comeback and beat the Bengals and Browns the final 2 weeks and the Ravens lose their final 3 games to the Broncos,Giants,and Bengals and finish 9-7 there would then be a 3 way tie with the Steelers,Ravens and Bengals at 9-7 in the AFC North and if that happens the Steelers would win the 3 way tiebraker based on having a 3-1 record versus the Bengals and Ravens to the Ravens 2-2 record against the Steelers and Bengals,and the Bengals 1-3 record against the Steelers and Ravens and win the AFC North. So while we always want the Ravens to lose we especially want their misery to continue today so it will continue to give the Steelers life in the AFC North. Anyway if anybody wants to discuss this game while it is going on at 1 before the Steelers game at 4 you can do so right here in this thread. Should be a fun day of football cant wait GO DENVER!!!

Suggs to start today! Flacco looking to have his best Ravens performance today going head to head with Manning..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

This is on at 1 today on the east right? Im here in PA, I think they are playing it on tv. Im exited as hell, I have a sunday off

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    I still like Denver in this game I dont think Flacco will outplay Peyton Manning...Manning should be able to make enough plays against the a sub-par Ravens defense whether Suggs is playing or not...

Veteran
    In order to get the division, we need the Ravens to lose out (Denver, Giants, @Cincy) while we win out (@Dallas, Cincy, Cleveland). I don't see either happening.

Our path to the playoffs goes thru Cincy.
    Last edited by Nolrog; 12-16-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Pollard out too...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Ravens will win against the Giants even if they loose this game...We will be lucky to get into the playoffs as a wild card.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    In order to get the division, we need the Ravens to lose out (Denver, Giants, @Cincy) while we win out (@Dallas, Cincy, Cleveland). I don't see either happening.

Our path to the playoffs goes thru Cincy.
    Not true even if the Steelers lose today in Dallas they can still win the AFC North at 9-7 if the Ravens lose out like you mentioned and the Steelers beat both the Bengals and the Browns at home. If that happens there would then be a 3 way tie between the Steelers,Ravens,and Bengals at 9-7 in the AFC North. The Steelers win that 3 way tiebraker and here is why. The Steelers and Ravens would both have the same division record at 4-2, but the Steelers would win the next tiebraker that is used to break ties in the division which would be record against division opponents you are tied with. The Steelers would be 3-1 against the Bengals and Ravens combined,the Ravens would be 2-2 against the Steelers and Bengals combined,and the Bengals who would also finish at 9-7 if they lose to the Steelers and beat the Ravens the final week of the season would be 1-3 against the Steelers and Ravens combined. Thus, the Steelers would win the AFC North because of that tiebraker I just mentioned. It is pretty amazing to think that if the Steelers lose today in Dallas and the Ravens lose to the Broncos not only would the Steelers still control their own destiny to get in the playoffs as a wildcard by winning the last 2 games against the Bengals and Browns but they still would have a chance to win the AFC North if the Ravens lose against the Giants and at Cincy and the Steelers beat both the Bengals and Browns at home. It's a long shot indeed but it's not completely and totally crazy to suggest that this could not happen it is definitely possible...

Manning receivers are not catching anything.... and the Ravens are bringing the pressure
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Menbeing a Homer, I think the Rats record should've been the Steelers'
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Thread Information