Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the F*@$ Guys?

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    Maybe I'm in denial but I can't make a claim the the Steelers have lost their fire. and I can debate whether or not Tomlin is a bad coach or not quite frankly I wouldn't mind seeing somebody else but to blame everything on him is kind of crazy.
    take off the rose colored glasses.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Waterboy
    I think its fair to say as steelers fans were spoiled by the certain level of success we've become accustomed to from our team. Where most fans are just happy to see their team make the playoffs, were not happy unless the season results in another lombardi. This desire for perfection is part of what makes being a fan. Of this team great, but also makes a lot of "fans" look like d---s.
    We expect a certain level of fire and passion from our players, and when we don't see that it can lead to comments that look like spoiled people whining about not getting what they want. A great example is Wallace. I'm sure plenty of people who now question whether Wallace should be trusted to carry the water coolerwere the same ones who over the previous two years were saying he was one of the best in the game. I think we can all agree Wallace is a rare talent but its obvious his heart and mind our not where they should be. Like many players and coaches it seems the fire is not there for whatever reason.
    watching this lack of fire and passion I think leads us, since we are such a passionate fanbase, to make statements that can sound ignorant and hypocritical, like saying romping and players like Wallace are terrible and wed be better off without them.

This is why Indo feelbthe old man Rooney being back around could be what this team needs to spark the fire and focus this team is lacking from top to bottom. Its like the saying "when the cats away the mice will play". Even though Dan Roo,ney is more of a symbolic fixture than anything nowadays, having the big cat back in the building could be just what this team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    the bus was overrated and shouldn't get into the HOF on first go.

really? wow, I am speechless
    Last edited by LevonKirkland99; 12-15-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Another stupid a$$ thread about what the #$#@guys?

Look at the product Tomlin is putting out with all the talents we have this year...c'mon man!!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    Maybe I'm in denial but I can't make a claim the the Steelers have lost their fire. and I can debate whether or not Tomlin is a bad coach or not quite frankly I wouldn't mind seeing somebody else but to blame everything on him is kind of crazy.
    I don't think anybody is blaming everything on him....But as HC he takes part of the blame......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I like the discussion in here. For the most part I don't see it as being negative, but more honest. I have always thought Steeler fans were the most knowledgeable in the game.

Blind alliance to any team is how franchises such as the Browns exist. Previous management knew the base was there no matter the record, so had little incentive to improve.

I have no problem reading posts calling our players or coaches. What if all the was posted in here is: "The Steelers are cool".

Hey, this team has issues this year and have spent the money. We are up against the cap limit, so you can't really say the money wasn't spent. People should be held accountable when they under perform.

C-town

Just because we don't watch the Steelers through black n gold glasses doesn't mean we aren't fans. It means we're realists, but still fans nonetheless.

This team has serious issues right now on the offensive line and until the young guys step up, at CB opposite Lewis (until Ike comes back). There are plenty of good players on the team, players that any team would love to have, but we are not without fault. If this team plays like they did during the 4 game win streak then anything is possible, including the super bowl.

If they play like they did against the games they lost then we're in trouble.

My Mood
    Addicted
    F--k that shat. If you jump ship now I don't want you getting back on. No room on the wagon for homers.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The disscussions in this forum are not negative by any means. Just pure, honest talk both positive and negative. Retarded fans feel you can only say good things about your team. Mature, educated fans will criticize their team both positively and negatively. Based on what they see. Anyone who thinks that you should only say good things about your team shows their lack of maturity.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    As Blitz said, the term is realist. And that is what I am.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    How is Bettis overrated? He brought the ground and pound, smashmouth football to Pittsburgh that us fans have been craving to see the past 4 years or so. He retired the 5th in most rushing yards before LT passed him. I dont understand how the hell he is over rated.

Thread Information