Thread: Rooney steps down as U.S. Ambassador to Ireland

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Rooney steps down as U.S. Ambassador to Ireland

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...ssador-ireland

So who thinks this is possibly related to the state of the franchise and Rooney is ready to get back in the fold and whip Tomlin and the rest of the higher-ups of this team into shape?

BTW- this is my first post on here, ive been a regular viewer of the site and love the content. figured it was time to start throwin my two cents in on the only team that matters, OUR Pittsburgh Steelers

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I wish he'd fire Colbert. Not happy with the overall talent evaluation.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Hopefully he can do something about the lack of discipline and accountability. The inmates are running the asylum and making the same mistakes, fumbles and dropped balls without any consequence.

Waterboy
    i agree. Colbert has hit on some obvious talent in early rds, although hes had a more than fair share of misses in early rds as well. and hes struck gold on some later rd and undrafted talent but the overall success and consistency of his drafts leaves much to be desired. his inability to evaluate talent in key areas such as oline and dline, as well as secondary, has made these positions carousels of mediocrity rather than pillars for success

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhurtin86 View Post
    i agree. Colbert has hit on some obvious talent in early rds, although hes had a more than fair share of misses in early rds as well.
    Personally, I think Colbert has done much better in the later rounds than in the early rounds. He's got some very good value in those later rounds.

2007: was a great draft.

2008: was an unmitigated disaster; Sweed in the 2nd round turned out to be a big time bust.

2009: Ziggy Hood and Urbik (3rd). Is Hood really 1st round value? I'd say no. Did Urbik even make the team? After that, though, he got Wallace and Keenan Lewis in the 3rd. Good value there.

2010: Pouncey was a great pick. All pro center. Worilds in the 2nd though. Is he really giving us 2nd round value? If not for the frequent injuries to Woodley and Harrison, he might not survive past his rookie contract. Sanders in the 3rd, Brown in the 6th both good value.

2011: Cam, is he good, is he not? Can't seem to tell because he can't seem to get on the field much. 1st round value? Jury is out. Gilbert I think will wind up a steady (though not spectacular) tackle. Brown and Allen, good picks.

2012: Can we really judge? I'm still pretty high on the draft though.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhurtin86 View Post

So who thinks this is possibly related to the state of the franchise and Rooney is ready to get back in the fold and whip Tomlin and the rest of the higher-ups of this team into shape?
    I doubt that. He's 80 years old and that travel schedule has to be difficult. He just lost his daughter and he accomplished what he set out to do when he became ambassador.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information