Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: we need dan rooney back in pittsburgh

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they surprised people by going 12-4 last year...weve seen this team win as the top seed and win as a massive underdog. they win 2 more games they are in, and despite what some people think they CAN beat guys like manning and brady, ive seen them ****ing do it lol.

sometimes i prefer the underdog role
    You're exactly Ktrain but I just don't want to think about this current team.....They have been so inconsistent all season....Yes injuries have been a factor but most NFL teams have injuries.....This Steelers team is so Jekyll and Hyde......I wouldn't be shocked if they blew the Cowboys out on Sunday or I wouldn't be shocked if hey get blown out by the Cowboys.....

its just not the first time theyve dropped a few silly games that they could have won...if they are in the mix at the end of the year none of this will matter though.

i havent been the most optimistic person over the years, quite the opposite actually but jesus theres a lot of garbage being spewed the boards lately

still firmly in the mix, they can get hot at the right time. big game this weekend and next but its a team thats been here before. the AFC is atrocious on the back end this season

My Mood
    Mad
    its just not the first time theyve dropped a few silly games that they could have won...if they are in the mix at the end of the year none of this will matter though.

i havent been the most optimistic person over the years, quite the opposite actually but jesus theres a lot of garbage being spewed the boards lately

still firmly in the mix, they can get hot at the right time. big game this weekend and next but its a team thats been here before. the AFC is atrocious on the back end this season
    Of course this team has always dropped games they should have won....Even back in the Cowher days......Cowher coached teams lost the expansion Jags in 1995 and expansion Texans in 2002....

But still man you have to admit this team has been madly inconsistent this year?........

Just look at the games with Ben out?.....Played the Ravens tough in Pittsburgh and really outplayed the Ravens but lost a close one.......Then the debacle in Cleveland.......Go into Baltimore and beat the Ravens with Batch at QB and then follow up with a loss at home to the Chargers......Just so frustrating.....I just don't know honestly what to expect from this team at this point....Like I said I wouldn't be shocked if they blew out the Cowboys or the Cowboys blew them out....

but since when has ben been good after injury? hes never been a good cold player, look at when he came back from any injury after missing time.

he ended up getting his feet back under him, and hopefully that was all the rust he needed to shake

My Mood
    Mad
    but since when has ben been good after injury? hes never been a good cold player, look at when he came back from any injury after missing time.

he ended up getting his feet back under him, and hopefully that was all the rust he needed to shake
    Yea you're right Ben has always been rusty after injury....But Ben wasn't the only problem on Sunday...The whole team tanked against the Chargers....

But you know what would be nice for this team to start out fast offensively.......Even in the early stages of the Chargers game there was chances for the Steelers to take over that game.....Ben really didn't have the best protection on Sunday and I thought is was one of the worst performances of the season for the OL.....The Wallace drop was a huge momentum killer......I'm not blaming Wallace for the loss but just pointing out that I really want this team to start a game fast on offense....Jump out to a quick 14-0 lead and take some heat off the D especially with the secondary really banged up.....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    You can never underestimate the impact of not having Dan Rooney at Heinz. He would have been good for at least two touchdowns against the Chargers.

Another huge loss was having "Mike the Hot Dog Vendor" out sick last Sunday. The way he slaps the relish on some buns would have been enough to put us over the top.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I was not copied on the memo I guess. . .Winning is awesome, but for me, all I can ask for is the Steelers be relevant at the end of the year. It's not SB or bust - that's unrealistic but there are those who think that way and I feel bad for them because they're never happy.

You guys are crazy. Each year, after the first Steeler loss, I pray to God that they lose the rest so they can get better draft position. It's the "Addicts" way!

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Like I said I wouldn't be shocked if they blew out the Cowboys or the Cowboys blew them out....
    I feel the same way.

A good friend of mine bets A LOT of $$ on NFL games. I have told him whether to bet on the Steelers, or not to bet the game at all (a Pete Rose bet). I would guess I'm at least 75 percent right on the Steelers over the last 3 years since I have known him, which is why he still calls me every week. After week 6 vs the Titans I told him there was no way that I could predict which Steelers team would show up week in and week out and for him not to touch any games the rest of the year.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    i heard rooney is moving back from ireland just now.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information