Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why hate on Mike Tomlin?

Bookmark and Share

Why hate on Mike Tomlin?

Tomlin is going on his 6th FULL season this season and just let me throw this out there since everyone forgets of what Tomlin has done with this team so far.

62-31 for career coaching record in the regular season.

5-3 in playoffs

4 division titles

2 AFC championships

1 super bowl

When you haters have time, please tell us who you would want coaching this team right now? Or why Tomlin shouldnt have been hired the HC position and who you wanted when BC retired. Please tell me Whiz. Tomlin is the whipping boy when we lose, I can understand that to a degree. On this board for some reason, when we win, he gets jack **** for credit.

Im not going to say Tomlin is the greatest ****ing coach in the league by any means. But damn, if Tomlin got fired today as head coach, he would have another NFL head coaching job by the days end. Yes, he probably doesnt prepare the team as well as he should but the man is only 40 years old. Give him a few more seasons as he will continue to grow as a coach and then we can make a say on whether he was good or not.

As of right now he is doing fine. With the injuries we have had this season, I think 7-6 is pretty decent. I had them going 10-6 to finish the season which could still probably happen, but this team is not going 12-4 every single season like it has for the past 3 out of 4 seasons.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I'm not in the fire tomlin crowd but there are things that drive me up the wall. Mainly how we are usually unprepared to play inferior opponents. Last Sunday was the 5th time this season. That's beyond a trend. And this happens every year!

What he should get credit for is his preparation for quality opponents. He doesn't get the credit he deserves for those games.

But it's about time in his tenure that the inconsistencies need to cease. Every team deals with injuries. Inferior opponents are banged up and outplay us on a consistent basis. That needs to change.

But, no, don't count me in the fire tomlin crowd...but he deserves criticism when games like SD happen.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Tomlin is going on his 6th FULL season this season and just let me throw this out there since everyone forgets of what Tomlin has done with this team so far.

62-31 for career coaching record in the regular season.

5-3 in playoffs

4 division titles

2 AFC championships

1 super bowl

When you haters have time, please tell us who you would want coaching this team right now? Or why Tomlin shouldnt have been hired the HC position and who you wanted when BC retired. Please tell me Whiz. Tomlin is the whipping boy when we lose, I can understand that to a degree. On this board for some reason, when we win, he gets jack **** for credit.

Im not going to say Tomlin is the greatest ****ing coach in the league by any means. But damn, if Tomlin got fired today as head coach, he would have another NFL head coaching job by the days end. Yes, he probably doesnt prepare the team as well as he should but the man is only 40 years old. Give him a few more seasons as he will continue to grow as a coach and then we can make a say on whether he was good or not.

As of right now he is doing fine. With the injuries we have had this season, I think 7-6 is pretty decent. I had them going 10-6 to finish the season which could still probably happen, but this team is not going 12-4 every single season like it has for the past 3 out of 4 seasons.
    Why do all you Tomlin supporters always ask who would replace Tomlin like we already know the answer. Tell me who the **** was Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin before they were hired? It's possible the next great head coach isn't on anyone's list because they are buried on someone's staff and we don't know who they are. So rather than discuss who would replace Tomlin how about we discuss firing him first than worry about his replacement second.

My Mood
    Addicted
    His preparation.

Give me his record against .500 teams
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    Why do all you Tomlin supporters always ask who would replace Tomlin like we already know the answer. Tell me who the **** was Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin before they were hired? It's possible the next great head coach isn't on anyone's list because they are buried on someone's staff and we don't know who they are. So rather than discuss who would replace Tomlin how about we discuss firing him first than worry about his replacement second.
    Why would you want him fired to begin with? Let me guees, O well, he isn't doing so hot without Cowhers players skit.

I don't want to fire him, but the fact that our team has so much talent and constantly underperforms is infuriating. Maybe it's not all his fault, but at times this team seems grossly underprepared.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    yea, that makes total sense... if you've never been in charge of anything in your life...

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    His preparation.

Give me his record against .500 teams
    I dont have time to look that up, I will say this. The teams that he has losing records to are these team.

Bears 0-1
    Bronco's 1-2
    Saints 0-1
    Jets 1-2
    Raiders 1-2

Thats regular season, bot postseason

He is 6-6 against the ravens in regular season 2-0 in playoffs

9-2 against the Bengals during regular season
    9-2 against the Browns during regular season

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    His preparation.