Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 93

Thread: Why hate on Mike Tomlin?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    2009 16th against the pass - 6.9 YPA
    2010 12th against the pass - 6.3 YPA
    2011 1st against the pass - 5.6 YPA
    2012 1st against the pass - 5.7 YPA

    I mean... come on

    Is that like your thing here? You spew a bunch of nonsense, and no one ever calls you on it?
    I mean you're a sneaky little piece of $hit for purposely showing the numbers from 2010. The pass was 3rd in 2007 and 1st in 2008. So it actually improved from 2007 to 2008 and then declined from 2009-2010. Those numbers are just averages regardless. If the Steelers give up 400 yards against the Patriots and then shut out the Browns with only 150 yards in each game, then there defensive pass average for the 3 games would be 233 yards per game. The average never tells the whole story. And all your stats that supposedly PROVE the offensive line has improved are nonsensical. Going from 50 sacks to 43 sacks in a season isn't an accomplishment when Roethlisberger has been hit 78 times in 2009, 78 times in 2010 and 77 times in 2011. He gets sacked 7 less times, that can just mean he threw the ball away faster seven additional times to avoid getting knocked to the ground. The hits give a more clear picture as to how much pressure the QB is facing behind his line. And All a person has to do is watch a Steelers game to see that he never has consistently comfortable seconds in the pocket. You don't need a sniveling fantasy geek looking up stats on NFL.com.

    No team in this league, with the current rules is going to hold playoff teams to regular season defensive pass averages. Whoever thinks the Steelers pass defense will hold Brady or Manning to 169.7 yards is an idiot. The same kind of idiot that would say Luck is more talented and will be better than Roethlisberger based on his college stats. The secondary can't make big stops in tight situations. And they definitely can't force turnovers. One player on the Giants has as many INTs as the entire Steelers team. Take your idiotic averages into the playoffs against a playoff team and go stare at your Andrew Luck fathead.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 12-11-2012 at 03:44 PM.

  2. #42
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55
    What good is having the #1 defense when you lose to the Browns, Titans, Chargers, and Raiders?

    Also, at what point does Tomlin hurt the team by as projected this week, having Mendenhall inactive? unless he is hurt he should at least be active...If he is dead set on not playing him, or resigning him, then cut his ***, and bring in a free agent to help the team.

    I can't wait to hear the real story of what happened between Tomlin and Mendenhall. those two dont seem to get along well.

  3. #43
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    No team in this league, with the current rules is going to hold playoff teams to regular season defensive pass averages. Whoever thinks the Steelers pass defense will hold Brady or Manning to 169.7 yards is an idiot.
    We would be hard pressed to hold Brady or Manning under 400 yards. We will get carved like a Thanksgiving day turkey. Even Tebow threw for 312 yards against us in the playoffs.

  4. #44
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    We would be hard pressed to hold Brady or Manning under 400 yards. We will get carved like a Thanksgiving day turkey. Even Tebow threw for 312 yards against us in the playoffs.
    Last year i think it was Lebeau played aggressive coverage against Brady and we had a great game defensively. But of course it worked, so Lebeau hasnt used it since. Instead he prefers to give a 10 yard cushion and let WR's catch and break tackles.

    Doesnt make much sense.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    We would be hard pressed to hold Brady or Manning under 400 yards. We will get carved like a Thanksgiving day turkey. Even Tebow threw for 312 yards against us in the playoffs.
    lol....Tebow with 312 yards. I still can't believe that actually happened to this day. Manning was rusty that first game he played us and threw for 250 yard 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Just imagine in the playoffs at full steam. And Brady? I rather lose out and get another high draft pick than have him embarrass this team in Foxboro.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by JenZwain View Post
    Last year i think it was Lebeau played aggressive coverage against Brady and we had a great game defensively. But of course it worked, so Lebeau hasnt used it since. Instead he prefers to give a 10 yard cushion and let WR's catch and break tackles.

    Doesnt make much sense.
    They'll end up ten yards behind the receiver if they play man to man. What difference does it make when Tomlin kept giving him the same goons to throw out there?

  7. #47
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    They'll end up ten yards behind the receiver if they play man to man. What difference does it make when Tomlin kept giving him the same goons to throw out there?

    Unfortunately, thats all the Steelers have to put on the field at this moment. Troy wasn't nearly as dynamic as he's been in past years. Taylor was hurt, and Brown was a hot target after he blew coverage early and often. Lebeau gave him no help either. And the D line wasn't able to get any sort of good pressure on the QB. Harrison is getting healthy, but he can't be all over the field. And Foote, just doesnt have the speed to stay with WR's.

    I've been a LeBeau fan for a long time, but it's time for a new approach. Other teams know exactly what we're gonna do, and we do nothing to change it up.

    You either draft some dynamic players that can play LeBeau's complex scheme, or you dumb it down, and let these guys react and play.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by JenZwain View Post
    I've been a LeBeau fan for a long time, but it's time for a new approach. Other teams know exactly what we're gonna do, and we do nothing to change it up.

    You either draft some dynamic players that can play LeBeau's complex scheme, or you dumb it down, and let these guys react and play.
    That's a valid point. The NFL has changed dramatically over the last 10 years. The defensive players really aren't even allowed to play defense like they were taught. Might as well just let them run around like idiots and create havoc instead of trying to play chess.

    His regular season defensive averages are great, but he gets exposed quite often by good and bad offenses. You can actually almost guarantee exposure by the good offenses. It would be nice to see how much of a difference personnel changes would make before letting him go, though.

  9. #49
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I mean you're a sneaky little piece of $hit for purposely showing the numbers from 2010. The pass was 3rd in 2007 and 1st in 2008. So it actually improved from 2007 to 2008 and then declined from 2009-2010. Those numbers are just averages regardless. If the Steelers give up 400 yards against the Patriots and then shut out the Browns with only 150 yards in each game, then there defensive pass average for the 3 games would be 233 yards per game. The average never tells the whole story. And all your stats that supposedly PROVE the offensive line has improved are nonsensical. Going from 50 sacks to 43 sacks in a season isn't an accomplishment when Roethlisberger has been hit 78 times in 2009, 78 times in 2010 and 77 times in 2011. He gets sacked 7 less times, that can just mean he threw the ball away faster seven additional times to avoid getting knocked to the ground. The hits give a more clear picture as to how much pressure the QB is facing behind his line. And All a person has to do is watch a Steelers game to see that he never has consistently comfortable seconds in the pocket. You don't need a sniveling fantasy geek looking up stats on NFL.com.

    No team in this league, with the current rules is going to hold playoff teams to regular season defensive pass averages. Whoever thinks the Steelers pass defense will hold Brady or Manning to 169.7 yards is an idiot. The same kind of idiot that would say Luck is more talented and will be better than Roethlisberger based on his college stats. The secondary can't make big stops in tight situations. And they definitely can't force turnovers. One player on the Giants has as many INTs as the entire Steelers team. Take your idiotic averages into the playoffs against a playoff team and go stare at your Andrew Luck fathead.
    So basically, you're a big baby who doesn't like stats and is incapable of evaluating talent. Are you Joe Buck's kid?

    Let me know when you have some stats to back up your argument

    (ps the Steelers held Brady to 198 yards in 2011 game... was that still Cowher's team?)

  10. #50
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    Thank you Lebeau for not letting Tomlin anywhere near the secondary. If Tomlin was that good coaching the secondary the Vikings wouldn't have had a 31st ranked pass defense before he left.
    Funny since Tomlin has clearly forced changes in the schemes we play in the secondary. But you would have to know football to see it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Wallace Haters Lets Play a Game
    By cbrunn in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
  2. Mike Smith/Mike Tomlin
    By NYCsteelersfan in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
  3. Mike Tomlin
    By jpele in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 12:04 PM
  4. Bad news for the Tomlin haters!
    By LatrobePA in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 01:36 AM
  5. If I'm Mike Tomlin, this is what I do...
    By DBR96A in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 09:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •