Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if you were the guy making the desicions

Bookmark and Share

if you were the guy making the desicions

forget the ....rooneys wont do it stuff, this is if you were in charge !!!

1.- would you fire tomlin?

2.- with who would you replace him?

Starter
    I would not fire Tomlin, he deserves the chance to hire his own OC and DC and rebuild this team.

If Art decides to be stupid and fire him? I would hire Kyle Shanahan.

you cant just fire him and expect everything to be ok....most guys are a down grade imo. You voice your displeasure and figure out how to move forward. You have to grow into being a coach, tomlin is allowed to have lapses. He may have walked into an excellent situation with a good staff and talented roster but he didnt **** that up he has had great success.

If they blow out the cowboys this wont be an issue once again. Its a week to week thing, we are spoiled fans....any fan from another team that comes here would tell you that

My Mood
    Sunshine
    If I was making the decisions nothing changes, when the team loses it's easy to point fingers and say fire the coach but you have to look at the big picture.

For as much as I curse him, Tomlin is a good coach ( Really who's out there to replace him?) what I think needs to be done is for Mike to understand that in order to win week in and week out he has to be a tough coach every week not just after the weeks we lose .

A lot of whats happening goes on the players also, as Coach Noll once said " if I have to motivate you to play, you won't be a Steeler for very long" Most of these guys are veteran players and should be ready to play every week.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Tomlin is an "okay" coach. He talks a good game but the results say different.

I would fire Tomlin and hire John Gruden. I like Coaches who pay attention to detail and not afraid to get in your face and demand more of you.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent penguins&steelers's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick
    I'm not a hater nor do I love the guy. He's not a bad coach. I would like to see more fire out of him on the sideline. He needs to start preparing better for the bad teams. That is getting ridiculous.

My Mood
    cowboys-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins&steelers View Post
    I'm not a hater nor do I love the guy. He's not a bad coach. I would like to see more fire out of him on the sideline. He needs to start preparing better for the bad teams. That is getting ridiculous.
    Basically my thoughts, too. I'd like to see more solid decisions and game plans. The inconsistencies throughout a game and in a season shouldn't be being made from a HC six years in. I'd like to see him turn the corner and be an innovator, not just a HC. When he is out-coached, it is glaring. I still wouldn't let him go.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Tomlin is an "okay" coach. He talks a good game but the results say different.

I would fire Tomlin and hire John Gruden. I like Coaches who pay attention to detail and not afraid to get in your face and demand more of you.
    i would want nothing to do with a Head Coach that wanted player personnel control...

Rookie Free Agent penguins&steelers's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i would want nothing to do with a Head Coach that wanted player personnel control...
    Why? The coach is the one running the team, why not let him have control of what players he wants? I don't think Gruden wants to leave ESPN.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins&steelers View Post
    Why? The coach is the one running the team, why not let him have control of what players he wants? I don't think Gruden wants to leave ESPN.

Because Coaching and Evaluating Talent aren't the same thing. And being a good coach, does not mean you are a good evaluator of talent and building a roster. See: Jon Gruden, Andy Reid... see Shannahan post 1998 when he gained control of player personnel and imploded the Broncos. Holmgren was below 500 as a coach in seattle with player personnel control, and his decision maker status in cleveland isn't looking so good either.

There are very very very few Jimmy Johnson, Bill Bellichick types out there... Just because a coach has a good coaching resume, does not mean he should get player personnel control (No one in there right mind would give Cowher player control... and it's the primary reason he's still on TV)

Thread Information