Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: if you were the guy making the desicions

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Release Tomlin.....Retire DLB....offer Tomlin the DC job, then give it to Keith Butler when Tomlin turns it down, keep Haley as OC.....Steal Greg Schiano from the Bucs, what he has done with a **** poor team in one season is really a testimony to his ability, he has even got a mediocre QB playing above his level......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The farther Tomlin gets away from Cowher players, the farther away this team is drifting. I'm not impressed with Tomlin.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    LOL Fire a coach with 2 Super Bowl appearances in half a dozen years and his DC who has the top ranked defense. Such a request is stupidity akin to the Brits voting out Winston Churchill after WWII and is why the Steeler ownership is so great. They do not hit the panic button like the droolers on talk radio and message boards (or most NFL teams).
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Release Tomlin.....Retire DLB....offer Tomlin the DC job, then give it to Keith Butler when Tomlin turns it down, keep Haley as OC.....Steal Greg Schiano from the Bucs, what he has done with a **** poor team in one season is really a testimony to his ability, he has even got a mediocre QB playing above his level......
    The Bucs have a ton of talent and Josh Freeman is more than Mediocre... surprised that a Tampa Steelers fan wouldn't appreciate Freeman, since he's the most similar QB to Roethlisberger (in terms of style of play and strengths) in the league today.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I understand......but the fact remains that the Steelers would be considered "to have lost their mind" to fire him. I'd be willing to bet that if you polled the top 200 NFL analysts, Tomlin would come out close to, if not in, the top 5.

And there's a reason why you and I wouldn't be asked to vote
    Why would they say they "have lost their mind" if they fired Tomlin? Have you seen the product on the field lately and especially the empty seats at Heinz Field? That should concern any owner.

Do you also find it weird that the guy we ran out of town has a better record than the Steelers, is in the playoffs and wasn't even hired to be a head coach. He is also doing this with a gutted team and a rookie QB.

So the problem clearly wasn't BA but possibly Tomlin or Ben or both. This team is a complete ****ing mess under Tomlin and if he was a Top 5 coach he would know what to do next and in all honestly listening to him speak he doesn't have a clue. I think he is hoping the players fix this issue for him or Lebeau bails him out.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    LOL Fire a coach with 2 Super Bowl appearances in half a dozen years and his DC who has the top ranked defense. Such a request is stupidity akin to the Brits voting out Winston Churchill after WWII and is why the Steeler ownership is so great. They do not hit the panic button like the droolers on talk radio and message boards (or most NFL teams).
    Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez went to back to back AFC Championship games I guess they are safe forever then under your analogy? News flash, they both suck and what happened in the past should remain in the past.

This is what have you done for me lately league and right now Tomlin hasn't done **** in the last two years.
    Last edited by LASVEGASGUY; 12-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The more Tomlin gets away from the players Cowher brought to this team, the more he loses. I'm not impressed yet. And I do not see these current players responding to what Tomlin is saying after the fact.

Berry Switzer has one super bowl win too. And he did it with JJ's team.

Plus...I don't see the attention to detail by Tomlin that I see from the upper tier coaches. Hell, Tomlin doesn't even show the balls to go and check Lebeau when his defensive schemes are not working. Tomlin is an "okay" coach.
    and you want gruden?????? lmao

talking about riding dungys coat tails to the superbowl and doing nothing but run the team into the ground after that with his horrible offensive scheme and stubbornly retarded use of quarterbacks.

but yeah lets get ben a coach who refuses to use the shotgun, thats like dan reeves taking the most athletic QB of all time in michael vick and putting him in a WCO

Banned
    Tomlin is regarded as the cool older brother, not the cool, but authoritative father. Tomlin is the kind of coach that says "we'll get them next time!" after a loss and takes everyone out for strippers and beer. As opposed to a coach that will say "I'm really disappointed in the team. A lot of fundamental mistakes were made that we practice day in and day out. I expect more from you guys." And then he walks away and everyone in the locker room feels like $hit for letting the coach down.

It wasn't just Cowher's players that Tomlin won with in 2008. I won't even discuss which players belongs to which coach. But it was Cowher's authority that had remained instilled in the players when Tomlin took over that played a key role in that 2008 Superbowl. After that season, the authority gradually declined and now it's pretty much nonexistent.

The situation is very similar to the Red Sox and Terry Francona. That team slowly collapsed as work ethic completely diminished. The players loved Francona just like the players love Tomlin, but it's for the wrong reasons. It's better to be feared than respected. And it's better to be respected than liked. Tomlin is simply liked and it makes him useless as a coach.

He needs to go.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Tomlin is regarded as the cool older brother, not the cool, but authoritative father. Tomlin is the kind of coach that says "we'll get them next time!" after a loss and takes everyone out for strippers and beer. As opposed to a coach that will say "I'm really disappointed in the team. A lot of fundamental mistakes were made that we practice day in and day out. I expect more from you guys." And then he walks away and everyone in the locker room feels like $hit for letting the coach down.
    the level of delusion it takes to pretend to know such things is quite impressive. We have very little insight into the coaches comments outside of the generally uninformative Press Conferences. The fact that you've made this up in your head is entertaining though.

It wasn't just Cowher's players that Tomlin won with in 2008. I won't even discuss which players belongs to which coach. But it was Cowher's authority that had remained instilled in the players when Tomlin took over that played a key role in that 2008 Superbowl. After that season, the authority gradually declined and now it's pretty much nonexistent.
    How'd you figure that out. May...too bad that authority didn't stay instilled longer....

The situation is very similar to the Red Sox and Terry Francona. That team slowly collapsed as work ethic completely diminished. The players loved Francona just like the players love Tomlin, but it's for the wrong reasons. It's better to be feared than respected. And it's better to be respected than liked. Tomlin is simply liked and it makes him useless as a coach.

He needs to go.
    So you are saying Francon won with Grady Littles players?

Rookie Free Agent penguins&steelers's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Don't forget, alot of Tomlin's success was just inheriting Cowher's team. I agree, getting rid of Lebeau is absurd.

Thread Information