Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: if you were the guy making the desicions

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Tomlin is an "okay" coach. He talks a good game but the results say different.
    Actually, the results say: 62 - 31 regular season, 8 - 5 post-season, 2 superbowl appearances with one win. Tomlin is nowhere near the best coach in the NFL and continues to make stupid gameday mistakes, but he is much better than "okay."

i'd like to keep tomlin but ask him to stop talking crap hahaha

kevin colbert is the key to our recent success i think

Reppin' 724
    Obviously you keep Tomlin. No-brainer.

Haley? I dunno, I like his offense, and Ben was having success. Remember, the Steelers were 6-3 when Ben got hurt. Thats not shabby with an entirely new offense.

I say, let the team play the next 3 weeks. It's a fairly light 3 weeks IMO. DeCastro should be back up starting soon, even with Colon out, it's an upgrade IMO. Troy was running around everywhere last game, he's rusty, but if they make the playoffs, thats where he shines. Wallace is still playingfor a contract...He'll show up.

Im not expecting a beatdown of the 'boys, but Im expecting a W.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Depends who is available... I wouldnt want Norv or Rex. I dont think Chucky or Cowher would come back. Andy Reid, will prolly take a year off. Wis will prolly go back to being a O Cord somewhere
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Draft Pick
    I'd fire him in a minute and sue him for some of the money he stole from the Steelers pretending to be a coach. Not sure who I would replace him with but that is what interviews and candidate searches are for. I am sure there is that guy out there that is ready willing and able to bring back the swagger the Steelers have lost under Tomlin.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by acero View Post
    forget the ....rooneys wont do it stuff, this is if you were in charge !!!

1.- would you fire tomlin?

2.- with who would you replace him?
    The talk about firing Tomlin is silly, despite the fact that he drives me crazy sometimes. He is considered a top 5 head coach and that is not by luck, it's accepted by most of the football world.

If I were in charge:
    1. I'd sit Wallace and start Plax just to send the message....Wallace can come in after the first qtr.
    2. I'd challenge Tomlin to demand in game adjustments....rather than just at halftime.
    3. I'd talk to Tomlin about talking to Haley to improve the running game.
    a. Dwyer has looked good why aren't we using him?
    b. Why does Redman come in for every 3rd and short when Dwyer has proven to run better in traffic?
    c. Why don't we just tell the defense that if Redman is in on 3rd and short, he's getting the ball? (sarcasm)
    d. Why aren't we using a full back?
    4. I'd talk to Tomlin about how Troy is used.
    a. When Troy is in, he makes some nice plays but he also misses a lot too.
    b. When Troy is in the D seems to be out of sync because they are keying on Troy rather than the opponent.
    5. I'd give free beer to any member of this forum at all remaining home games

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The talk about firing Tomlin is silly, despite the fact that he drives me crazy sometimes. He is considered a top 5 head coach and that is not by luck, it's accepted by most of the football world.

If I were in charge:
    1. I'd sit Wallace and start Plax just to send the message....Wallace can come in after the first qtr.
    2. I'd challenge Tomlin to demand in game adjustments....rather than just at halftime.
    b. Why does Redman come in for every 3rd and short when Dwyer has proven to run better in traffic?
    c. Why don't we just tell the defense that if Redman is in on 3rd and short, he's getting the ball? (sarcasm)
    b. When Troy is in the D seems to be out of sync because they are keying on Troy rather than the opponent.
    Who are these people that think Tomlin is a top 5 coach? Are they basing off what he did the first 3 years with Cowher's team or recently. Top 5 coaches in this league don't lose to the Browns, Raiders, Titans, Chargers and need overtime to beat the Chiefs. Stop drinking the Tomlin kool-aid the media is serving you.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Actually, the results say: 62 - 31 regular season, 8 - 5 post-season, 2 superbowl appearances with one win. Tomlin is nowhere near the best coach in the NFL and continues to make stupid gameday mistakes, but he is much better than "okay."
    The more Tomlin gets away from the players Cowher brought to this team, the more he loses. I'm not impressed yet. And I do not see these current players responding to what Tomlin is saying after the fact.

Berry Switzer has one super bowl win too. And he did it with JJ's team.

Plus...I don't see the attention to detail by Tomlin that I see from the upper tier coaches. Hell, Tomlin doesn't even show the balls to go and check Lebeau when his defensive schemes are not working. Tomlin is an "okay" coach.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post

If I were in charge:

But Tomlin won't be fired. We all know that.

EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the reason why Tomlin is only an "okay" coach.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    Who are these people that think Tomlin is a top 5 coach? Are they basing off what he did the first 3 years with Cowher's team or recently. Top 5 coaches in this league don't lose to the Browns, Raiders, Titans, Chargers and need overtime to beat the Chiefs. Stop drinking the Tomlin kool-aid the media is serving you.
    I understand......but the fact remains that the Steelers would be considered "to have lost their mind" to fire him. I'd be willing to bet that if you polled the top 200 NFL analysts, Tomlin would come out close to, if not in, the top 5.

And there's a reason why you and I wouldn't be asked to vote

Thread Information