Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: It's never too early to talk Draft 2013

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    New Haven?
    (born and raised)
    Am i from New Haven? no but it is the closest city to the town i live in i'm from Madison .

The Answer Ktrain is no i would never take a package guy as a first rd pick i was giving my opinion on how he would fit into the Steelers he's not a good fit for that reason

2nd String
    I'm actually starting to like Alex Okafor ... watching his game film on Youtube ... he remind me a lot like Woodley ... uses his power, and has a good motor ... also causes fumbles ...

Woodley and Okafor coming off the edge could crumble pockets with their strength

We need a solid Running back, a franchise RB ....any suggestions? The guy from Bama????
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    But a team can just draft a safety just cause they need a safety....I agree safety is a big time need for the Steelers but I don't them to draft a safety early just cause safety is a huge need......All I'm saying just make sure value is there.....
    The Steelers have so many needs, that shouldn't be an issue. The biggest thing is a defensive stud no matter where he plays, and even if we need to trade up to get him. We should be looking for a WRin the mid rounds and another OLfor depth (I strongly believe we should be drafting OL for depth at some point nearly every year in the mid-to-late rounds.)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    LeBeau is never going to retire...He will die on the sidelines......
    We don't have the horses for a 4-3. We'd need a lot more talent and far more depth, in a 4-3, the linemen make the plays. Do we really have those guys? Those would be the highest paid studs. We have that at LB now, so we'd need to downgrade LB and upgrade DL in order to switch, and reduce LB depth to build it in DL. Honestly, I don't see that happening with or without LeBeau.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    We don't have the horses for a 4-3. We'd need a lot more talent and far more depth, in a 4-3, the linemen make the plays. Do we really have those guys? Those would be the highest paid studs. We have that at LB now, so we'd need to downgrade LB and upgrade DL in order to switch, and reduce LB depth to build it in DL. Honestly, I don't see that happening with or without LeBeau.
    I think we are in decent shape to make a transition in the near future...

- Woodley can play LDE in a 4-3
    - Hood, McClendon, Ta'amu, Heyward give us a decent amount of talent to see who fits inside. I personally think Hood is a perfect fit, while I'd need to see what the others could do in some 1 gap scenarios.
    - RDE could be addressed in this draft, while Worrilds/Heyward might be capable of holding the spot down short term
    - Timmons could be an absolute pro bowl/D.Brooks monster on WLB. And I think he certainly has the rush capabilities to play on the Strong as well.
    - The biggest issue will be finding a Mike... Again, I think Timmons is good enough, but he's so much more ideal on the outside in a 4-3. I think Spence has a future in a 4-3 as well, despite his size, he certainly could play the weakside, if Timmons fit the strong.

Woodley-Hood-XXXX-Worrilds/????
    Timmons-YYYY-ZZZZ

???? Options : Draft Pick
    XXXX Options : Heyward, McClendon, Ta'amu
    YYYY Options : Timmons, Draft Pick
    ZZZZ Options : Spence, Sylvester, Timmons, Draft Pick
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 12-14-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Thread Information