Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: It's never too early to talk Draft 2013

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Would you take a chance on him if he falls to the 2nd round? Just asking. If he fell to the 3rd it would be a no brainer. But 2nd? I think yes. He can be a frachise running back.
    I honestly wouldn't do it but I also wouldn't bitch if the Steelers did....Sometimes you have to take chances.....I'm hoping he would fall later then the 2nd round....If he is there in the 3rd or 4th then hell yea take a chance......

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its tough to tell how hes going to be valued....easily a first round talent, but could probably go from 2-6 because of the injury. mcgahee's agent did a great job in getting him drafted in the first. gotta see what progress lattimore makes and how he handles himself before we'll get a good value. id say yes, 2-3 is definitely worth it even if he cant play til 2014. it would be like walking away with 2 first round picks the following year
    I just have a feeling he will be back to regular form sort of what AP did this season. Everyone was skeptical of AP running the ball this season due to his extent of his injury. I just think that Lattimore is something special. When he left that game with that injury, you dont see that much respect by the other team or conference that was shown when Lattimore went down. I think he can be the same player he was at SC before the injury. Time will tell but this team needs a frachise running back now, and its not Dwyer or Redman. They are only complimentary back imho.

My Mood
    Mad
    But isn't this Lattimore's 2nd major injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    But isn't this Lattimore's 2nd major injury?
    Yea, the first was when he was a freshman, he would have easily had a 1,000+ yard year this season also if it werent for the injury. I think he will fall to the 3rd round. I think Train can probably give you more info on this than I can. I still have faith in that kid.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Yea, the first was when he was a freshman, he would have easily had a 1,000+ yard year this season also if it werent for the injury. I think he will fall to the 3rd round. I think Train can probably give you more info on this than I can. I still have faith in that kid.
    Trust me I'm not saying he is done by no means.....I will be rooting for him to bounce back in the NFL...I liked watching him play...I was actually watching the game when he was hurt this past season....But a player having multi major injuries is a big risk........

2nd String
    Absolutely no way you waste a 2nd round pick on him... with so many other needs , to take that big of a risk with the 2nd round is just crazy...

Yes i understand he was a beast... but lets not act like he doesn't have a lot of miles on the tires + 2 season ending injuries ... and this one he is lucky if he comes back from...

so were going to act like AP is the norm now for knee injuries?? ... that guy is not even human and has one of the best work ethics, that's why he was able to come back like that .... lets not go acting like this is going to be the Norm now

only way I'd draft him is in the 6th or 7th... too many other needs more pressing then a coming off that bad of a injury, and his 2nd season ending injury

Only RB I'd want in the 2nd if Eddie Lacey ... but I would rather no RB in the top 4 picks ... after the top 4 or 5, can go Oline, RB, WR or what ever ... it's just to deep of a defensive draft with so many needs on the defensive side
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-12-2012 at 09:15 AM.

2nd String
    you got to remember Haley doesn't like the big power backs like that... He would rather have McClusters and Charles ...

It wouldn't surprise me that with the 3rd RD we get Kenjon Barner if he's there, he seems like a Haley type of back to the fullest , excellent speed and able to catch the ball

Barner = Charles , Rainey = McCluster , Dwyer = Power back

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    aldon and JPP were freaks but also super risky picks....for every one of those guys theres 10 jamaal andersons, derrick harveys, jarvis moss, gaines adams (RIP)....also i mean they usually like guys that are beastly against the run, shorter, stocky, powerful rushers. hes tall and super skinny
    Oregon plays a hybrid 3-4 fire zone blitz scheme, so saying he's not a good fit is a pretty weak argument. It's not like we are talking about complete convert here.

I think there is a lot of risk associated with most draft picks. And I think drafting for too long without reaching for the high end/game changing talent.... is a bigger risk as a franchise.

We haven't drafted a game changer position (QB, WR, Pass Rusher, DB) in the first round in a LONG time. If you want one good reason why this team is kinda "meh" these days... that's it. Building the Oline and Dline is nice... but we've spent too much time ignoring our lack of pass rush, lack of playmakers in the secondary, and lack of a dominant pass catcher...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    prospect even if hes undersized hes a terrific passer.
    Sounds a lot like Ryan Nassib, although he may go higher than 4. Then again, as an SU alumni, I am more than a little biased.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but we've spent too much time ignoring our lack of pass rush, lack of playmakers in the secondary, and lack of a dominant pass catcher...
    The problem is that it is very difficult to get any of those things when you draft 25-32 almost every year. You get solid players with flaws.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information