Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's never too early to talk Draft 2013

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Jordan isn't ideal but he could be used in some packages i love me some blidi wilson and trevardo williams

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Jordan isn't ideal but he could be used in some packages i love me some blidi wilson and trevardo williams
    New Haven?
    (born and raised)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I don't know what you mean. Explain why he's not a good fit.

I think he's an elite fit for practically any team. He's that versatile, explosive and athletic... He's going to a be a monster in any defense. Like Aldon and JPP, it really made no difference where these guys went, or what defense they were put in.
    aldon and JPP were freaks but also super risky picks....for every one of those guys theres 10 jamaal andersons, derrick harveys, jarvis moss, gaines adams (RIP)....also i mean they usually like guys that are beastly against the run, shorter, stocky, powerful rushers. hes tall and super skinny
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I'm assuming the 1, 2, 3, etc is the round you'd make the pick. IMO, there isn't enough of a focus on the defense there.

While I'm fully in favor of drafting an OL every year for depth, there's no way in hell we can spend another #1 on that. In the last 3 years, we've spent two 1s (Decastro, Pouncy) and two 2s (Gilbert, Adams). That's 4 of the 5 positions as high draft picks.

While I'm in favor of any upgrades on the D, CB is not one of the positions I'd look to first. The need at S, OLB and MILB are too great. We need a S to upgrade the back ups and eventually replace Troy. We need an OLB to replace Harrison (Worilds still doesn't look like the heir apparent). We need a MILB to replace Foote (jury is out on Spence) and we need a nose to replace Hampton (Ta'Amu ain't the guy.)

While a back up QB is certainly a need, I wouldn't go after someone with a 4th. We've gotten good value in the mid rounds at CB and WR and that's what I'd look for here.

The defensive need is so great that we may need to trade up to get him. I'd look to move our #1 & #3 to move up to get that stud we need (maybe even add in a #4 next year or something.) I'd also go after a steady defensive player in free agency (we did well with Clark and Farrior there; we should look for another guy like that.)

Most of all, this has to be a slam dunk draft. No more of this Sweed in the 2nd round crap. We need good solid picks in the top 3 and to get lucky with a couple other picks.
    what do you mean 4 is to high for a backup QB? i could name a dozen 2-5 round picks that arent even on the team anymore.....getting a real backup they can count on in the 4th would be excellent, an excellent prospect even if hes undersized hes a terrific passer.

theres no way you know taamus isnt the guy, drafting oline high several years like they have is how you build a dominant team....when you are taking the cameron stephensons, chuckie okobis, AQ shipleys, darnesll stapleton, doug legursky, ramon foster, trai essex, and tony hills as "value" guys is how you screw up and build a losing team, it always starts up front and if they have to spend 6 high picks in 3-4 years to build a HOF caliber oline then so be it.

defense is a need but a bad game here and there has made several people make mocks that take ONLY defense...young guys gotta step up and grow into their roles...allen, brown, mcclenson, woods, spence ect.....they need a LB or 2, a NT, and at least one safety in the cmoing years but its not as immediate as you think

also sweed was an excellent prospect....like really excellent and was a steal, thats being captain hindsight because he was a player to be excited about that didnt work out...theres a difference between taking sweeds and kendrell bells than taking bruce davis, jason worilds (whos still terrible), trai essex, ricardo coclough in the first 3 rounds, those guys were reaches and most never showed anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    do you really want a package guy as a first round pick? i mean i wouldnt hate it....like said before aldon smith and JPP would be nice but they are far from the norm. im not sure i would have like bruce irvin at 15, he may turn out to be a fine player but hes a 3rd down only guy right now

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm not saying I agree with these rankings but I saw them and just wanted to post them for you all......They have Jordan ranked really and he might not even be there when the Steelers pick in the first....

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-5904.html

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with these rankings but I saw them and just wanted to post them for you all......They have Jordan ranked really and he might not even be there when the Steelers pick in the first....

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFPS-Top-200-Draft-Prospects-5904.html
    I doubt Jordan will be there ... He's likely to be top 15 because of his JPP Aldon Smith comparison... forces teams to at least try because you don't want to be the team that passed on one of those kind of players

Another Pass rusher is Anthony Barr from UCLA if he decides to go pro...

But I stand strong on getting 2 Safeties in this safety strong draft ... even though I doubt that's what happens
    1st Eric Reid / David Amerson / Matt Elam
    2nd Baccari Rambo / Phillip Thomas / TJ Mcdonald
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-12-2012 at 01:03 AM.

My Mood
    Mad
    I don't watch as much college ball as I use to....There was a time that is all I did on Sat. even when I was younger and partied all the time...I still would watch football then party later....lol I usually just watch the big college football games so I'm not on a par anymore with some of you that rank these prospects......I play to much poker on Sat. these days....lol

So really I go by a lot of what you guys say....I do have my own players that I like but like said I just follow college football like I use....I use to watch the MAC, WAC, CONFERENCE USA....I use to get the college football package like I do Sunday Tix and have 4 TV's with games on.....

Lattimore out of SC, if he falls to the 2nd round, draft this kid.I know he had the injury, but I think he will be something special in the nfl.

My Mood
    Mad
    Marcus Lattimore was going to be a monster in the NFL...I just hope the injuries havn't ruined him totally....What a shame really......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Marcus Lattimore was going to be a monster in the NFL...I just hope the injuries havn't ruined him totally....What a shame really......
    Would you take a chance on him if he falls to the 2nd round? Just asking. If he fell to the 3rd it would be a no brainer. But 2nd? I think yes. He can be a frachise running back.

its tough to tell how hes going to be valued....easily a first round talent, but could probably go from 2-6 because of the injury. mcgahee's agent did a great job in getting him drafted in the first. gotta see what progress lattimore makes and how he handles himself before we'll get a good value. id say yes, 2-3 is definitely worth it even if he cant play til 2014. it would be like walking away with 2 first round picks the following year

Thread Information