Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's never too early to talk Draft 2013

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I'm high on Amerson too. Do you think he goes in the first round?I have him outside the top 40 right now.
    He could, depends if some GM will fall in love with last years tapes, He's been exposed a little this year, but I don't think as much as other ppl think ... latest I see him going is middle part of the 2nd ... I don't see him dropping to the bottom part of the 2nd ...

I wouldn't be opposed to trade back , get a extra 4th or 5th or whatever it costs ... then trade back up into the 3rd using a 4th and 5th or 6th

something like this

trade back get extra 4th ... use a 4th and 5th or whatever it costs to get back up into the 3rd and get somebody like Brandon Jenkins

1st/2nd David Amerson - FS
    2nd Phillip Thomas - SS
    3rd Gerald Hodges - OLB - Move inside
    3rd Brandon Jenkins - OLB
    4th Robert Alford - CB
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-11-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    He could, depends if some GM will fall in love with last years tapes, He's been exposed a little this year, but I don't think as much as other ppl think ... latest I see him going is middle part of the 2nd ... I don't see him dropping to the bottom part of the 2nd ...

I wouldn't be opposed to trade back , get a extra 4th or 5th or whatever it costs ... then trade back up into the 3rd using the extra pick

something like this

trade back get extra 4th or 5th... use the 4th and extra 4th or 5th or whatever it costs to get back up into the 3rd and get somebody like Brandon Jenkins

1st/2nd David Amerson - FS
    2nd Phillip Thomas - SS
    3rd Gerald Hodges - OLB - Move inside
    3rd Brandon Jenkins - OLB
    I like the idea... but I'm still personally focused on getting one of the better pass rushers in this draft. Harrison is never going to be the same. And Woodley isn't that good (worst contract extension ever).

Dion Jordan for the win!

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I like the idea... but I'm still personally focused on getting one of the better pass rushers in this draft. Harrison is never going to be the same. And Woodley isn't that good (worst contract extension ever).

Dion Jordan for the win!
    Yeah I see a slot of ppl really like Jordan ... me personally haven't watched him to much and I will tune into the bowl game and make sure I watch him ... I'm just not sure with his height he fits into the Steelers Scheme

Also I think with the good safeties this year , you have to snatch replacements and get a rush LB next year (if needed) ... but also Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd is a good rush LB

Trade back and get 1 of the 3 ... Amerson - Eric Reid - Matt Elam
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-11-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Banned
    yes, ideally for me... I get my pass rusher in the 1st, and get one of those 3 safeties in the 2nd (using 3rd to trade up if necessary)

Jordan uses his arm length and hands like Aldon Smith, his size doesn't worry me, because his arms and hand technique are so good and he's so explosiveness that he's simply going to be a terror.

I would expect him to be used similarly to Aldon in his rookie year (strictly as a pass rusher). As he develops, he's one of the few talents I've seen lately that has the potential to be someone that you create parts of your defense around (like Troy, like Aldon, like JPP). He's gonna be special IMO

My Mood
    Manic
    Remember Spence will be back next year so the mike isn't that big of a need but here is my 2 cents

QB'S Zac Dysert 6'4" 220 4.6 40
    EJ. Manuel 6'4" 225

NOSE TACKLE(3-4)
    Johnathan Jenkins 6'3" 350
    Jesse Williams 6'3" 320
    Sheldon Richardson 6'3" 290

OLB (3-4)

Corey lemonier 6'4" 242 4.6 40
    Demontre Moore 6'4" 250 4.75 40
    Dion Jordan 6'7" 247 4.55 40
    Jackson Jeffcoat 6'44" 250 4.57 40
    Trevardo Williams 6'2"240 4.34 40
    CB
    Blidi wreh Wilson 6'2" 190 4.34 40 (he fron edinboro,pa played for uconn)
    Johnathan Banks 6'1" 185 4.42 40

more to come later

dion jordan really isnt a great fit for us..noticing a lot of love for him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    dion jordan really isnt a great fit for us..noticing a lot of love for him
    I don't know what you mean. Explain why he's not a good fit.

I think he's an elite fit for practically any team. He's that versatile, explosive and athletic... He's going to a be a monster in any defense. Like Aldon and JPP, it really made no difference where these guys went, or what defense they were put in.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    how about a franchise rb? I think Mendenhall is out after this season.
    I agree that Mendenhall will be gone after this year. However, I wouldn't look for a RB high in the draft, even though we'd need one. The problems on defense and OL depth (not to mention another WR) are far too great to look at RB this year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Posted this yesterday

heres what i would say from the past few weeks:
    I'm assuming the 1, 2, 3, etc is the round you'd make the pick. IMO, there isn't enough of a focus on the defense there.

While I'm fully in favor of drafting an OL every year for depth, there's no way in hell we can spend another #1 on that. In the last 3 years, we've spent two 1s (Decastro, Pouncy) and two 2s (Gilbert, Adams). That's 4 of the 5 positions as high draft picks.

While I'm in favor of any upgrades on the D, CB is not one of the positions I'd look to first. The need at S, OLB and MILB are too great. We need a S to upgrade the back ups and eventually replace Troy. We need an OLB to replace Harrison (Worilds still doesn't look like the heir apparent). We need a MILB to replace Foote (jury is out on Spence) and we need a nose to replace Hampton (Ta'Amu ain't the guy.)

While a back up QB is certainly a need, I wouldn't go after someone with a 4th. We've gotten good value in the mid rounds at CB and WR and that's what I'd look for here.

The defensive need is so great that we may need to trade up to get him. I'd look to move our #1 & #3 to move up to get that stud we need (maybe even add in a #4 next year or something.) I'd also go after a steady defensive player in free agency (we did well with Clark and Farrior there; we should look for another guy like that.)

Most of all, this has to be a slam dunk draft. No more of this Sweed in the 2nd round crap. We need good solid picks in the top 3 and to get lucky with a couple other picks.

Rookie Free Agent cuatro_tres43's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    How has he done against bigger schools? like Minnesota and them??
    just fine...i would ABSOLUTELY LOVE for the steelers draft him. Hes projected to be an NFL CB. North Dakota State has beaten several FBS schools while he has been the #1 CB on the team.

Thread Information