Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown hopefully learn from that bad day at the office

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown hopefully learn from that bad day at the office

Every player goes through growing pains on the field, and just because you have one good day at the office or even a few good days at the office doesn't mean you are immune to getting your tail handed to you. Hopefully both guys learn from this one and come back stronger this weekend. You know Romo is going to go after both of these guys especially, early and often.

Brown allowed four first-down catches — two to Michael Spurlock and two to Danario Alexander — in his 26 snaps. Overall, Brown was targeted six times and allowed six catches for 84 yards, including a 39-yard touchdown pass to Alexander late in the first half before getting benched in the fourth quarter for Josh Victorian, who later gave up a touchdown.

But Brown wasn’t the only one who struggled replacing Taylor.

Cortez Allen, who got the start at right cornerback but moved to the slot in the nickel, was targeted seven times, giving up six catches for 46 yards, including three third-down conversions.

Most of Rivers’ success on third downs came on the same route: the out pattern. Of Rivers’ 41 attempts, 14 were out patterns, seven of which resulted in first downs. Rivers finished 9 of 14 for 67 yards when he targeted an out-cutting receiver.

Source: Pittsburgh Trib - http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3106460-85/steelers-yards-game?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_cam paign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+St ories%29#ixzz2EkbhRBZQ

My Mood
    Manic
    I guess you could call it struggling but those sideline out cuts are near impossible to defend with the current rules

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I guess you could call it struggling but those sideline out cuts are near impossible to defend with the current rules
    they played press coverage against the marsha bradys last year and won....they can do this if lebeau will allow it.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Wheres Chad Scott, lol...

Both young, it was Browns first real and most action. Hopefully they know what to expect now.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Starter
    well, they may know what to expect, but doesnt lebeau call the coverage either press, or 'forever' cushion that allows the toss and catch with ease?

i think lake will have them ready for this week

2nd String
    My question is why didn't Van Dyke get a chance ... he couldn't of done any worse ...

Why Cortez wasnt playing......

Cornerback Cortez Allen suffered a hip flexor against the San Diego Chargers last week, and will be limited in practice this week and Tomlin said, “It may put his participation in question.”

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley is expected to return to practice this week, with the hopes to have him back on game day.

Talib could have helped, but the Pats needed him to win the SB..

Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown hopefully learn from that bad day at the office

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Talib could have helped, but the Pats needed him to win the SB..
    Sure looked like the best team in the NFL last night...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information