Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Total lack of fire in the belly!

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    i think there is a stench going on in this locker room. seriously!
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    He is a good coach....he just isn't perfect. Just for grins, tell me 5 NFL head coaches you would swap him for?
    I would swap him with Bill Billacheat in a nano second. You can insert any other name in the 4 slots because after Bill the drop-off is huge.

My Mood
    cowboys-hater
    Picking who I would want other than Tomlin is a moot conversation because he has a job here until he wants to move on. Being so young, high profile gig and makes a handsome salary, he is gonna be the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers for a long time.
    Is he great? No, not even close. Is he terrible? Again, not even close. Does he have a lot of learning to do? Yes, he does. His team is competive, for the most part, but lack the killer instinct. He makes some bone-headed decisions that you scratch your head to, but he still is a Top 10 HC. He's rather black and white in his approach, even if he sidesteps and talks in circles, at times.

Rookie Free Agent
    I feel ya...I miss the days of Cowher spitting and chewing @$$...at least you knew there was some fire on the team.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeldriven View Post
    I feel ya...I miss the days of Cowher spitting and chewing @$$...at least you knew there was some fire on the team.
    Ditto

Tomlin is a good coach and is an X's and O's guy. But as long as DL is on the staff, Tomlin doesn't have to be that guy. he just has to make better decisions on 4th down, use of challenges, intangibles like that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    You dont think he is even a "good" coach. Please, who would you want coaching this team next season? Andy Reid?
    Not Tomlin. Why? he has no clue as to what he is doing.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Not Tomlin. Why? he has no clue as to what he is doing.
    Damn, it must take a dumbass to have the record he has and 2 superbowl appearences already. Typical spoiled fan I take it. Have to go 13-3 every year and make the AFC championship game, or else its a fail. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Damn, it must take a dumbass to have the record he has and 2 superbowl appearences already. Typical spoiled fan I take it. Have to go 13-3 every year and make the AFC championship game, or else its a fail. Right?
    Hey, the standard is the standard!

Just kidding, I think the Steelers faithful is a very proud group and we hate to see losses to teams that we should be crushing. Win the ones you're supposed to and win the divisional battles and that usually equals a post season birth.

As for the "fire in the belly", I thought the team came out relatively flat in the super bowl with green bay and vs. denver last year. Unless you're in the locker room its hard to say who to blame. Ben just stated in an article that he layed into some teammates at halftime vs san diego and is challenging them for the rest of the season. This is good to hear, I hope he takes more of a vocal approach. A lot of our older vets (Miller, Polamalu, Harrison, Hampton) don't seem to be the vocal type, more the "do my talking on the field" type imo. Keisel seems to be stepping up in that regard and lets hope Ben does the same for the offense. I hope Pouncey and Heyward pick it up for the younger guys. Little Ironhead has a nasty streak same as Pouncey. Tougher for Cameron since he isn't starting but its a thought. The team does seem to lose the killer instinct frequently.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I would swap him with Bill Billacheat in a nano second. You can insert any other name in the 4 slots because after Bill the drop-off is huge.
    That's one, give me four more and then we can talk about just how good or bad he really is.

Thread Information