Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the Steelers really need!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry

What the Steelers really need!

Back in the 70's the Steelers were struggling and it is said that Jack Lambert went into the locker room and threatened to kick anyones *** that didnt play hard and tough. We need someone like that in the locker room and it needs to be dircected to the coaches as well!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtretz View Post
    Back in the 70's the Steelers were struggling and it is said that Jack Lambert went into the locker room and threatened to kick anyones *** that didnt play hard and tough. We need someone like that in the locker room and it needs to be dircected to the coaches as well!!!!
    In today's NFL he would get laughed at and probably bounced out of the locker room. Most players today play for money and not so much for team or pride. Just my opinion.

Draft Pick
    Ward and Farrior are gone and so is the leadership they brought. It shows.

Draft Pick
    You don't even have to go back that far. I bet Lloyd would have lit a fire under this team yesterday.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    lloyd did. Remember 1993, cowhers second year as coach? Had a very talented, but unhappy team. Much like this year, many players were unhappy with there contracts. The team was inconsistant, beat good teams lost to bad teams. There final game that year vs the Browns the Steelers were trailing 9-3 at halftime. lloyd screamed them out at halftime, told them he wanted his playoff money! Lit a fire in there asses, they won 16-9 and basically backed in the playoffs because other teams had to lose which happened. Of course they would blow a lead to the joe montana lead chiefs the next week in the playoffs.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    It is what they need, but unfortunately the culture of today's society is all about "playing nice" with others. Remember, caring is sharing. Not, how 'bout I rip your head off and **** down your neck! Oh how I miss the 70's (football mentality that is).

My Mood
    Addicted
    Actually I can think of a player who gets fired up and is in your face when you play like crap or miss an assignment. As much as I hate the guy I have to say that man would be Tom Brady. I wish the Steelers had a guy like that who actually gives a damn. I'm amazed how the Patriot organization comes back year after year no matter how ****** their defense is or the fact they have no pro-bowl WRs or RBs. They just continue to win year after year and take care of business when they are suppose too.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Actually I can think of a player who gets fired up and is in your face when you play like crap or miss an assignment. As much as I hate the guy I have to say that man would be Tom Brady. I wish the Steelers had a guy like that who actually gives a damn. I'm amazed how the Patriot organization comes back year after year no matter how ****** their defense is or the fact they have no pro-bowl WRs or RBs. They just continue to win year after year and take care of business when they are suppose too.
    Because they are well coached and focused for every damn game. Belichick doesn't try to be a man's, man's with the players like our coach. Instead he is ready to embarrass your *** in Tuesday's film room if you ****ed up. It's amazing what this tactic has done for him over the last decade and a half. These guys don't want to be the focal point come Tuesday so they play their asses off.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    Because they are well coached and focused for every damn game. Belichick doesn't try to be a man's, man's with the players like our coach. Instead he is ready to embarrass your *** in Tuesday's film room if you ****ed up. It's amazing what this tactic has done for him over the last decade and a half. These guys don't want to be the focal point come Tuesday so they play their asses off.
    Yea, I'm sure Mike Tomlin doesn't use the amazing, "call out the players who mess up, in Tuesday film sessions" tactic.

Are you for real? Or is it your goal to sound like an idiot?

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    In today's NFL he would get laughed at and probably bounced out of the locker room. Most players today play for money and not so much for team or pride. Just my opinion.
    Bingo! Lambert is my all time favorite player. He'd rip their heads off and proceed to **** down
    their necks. These halfwit primadonna's of today don't play for pride and the team logo.
    They don't earn squat these days,they expect to be paid without sacrifice/blood/sweat/tears.
    Don't pay the jagoffs much until they earn their damn keep and prove themselves worthy.

Thread Information