Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will never get this

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    It's just not worth responding to "Cowher didn't want Roethlisberger." He drafted him. What's the point in talking about how he felt about it, what he wanted, what he ate for breakfast that day, what position he f**ked his wife that night. He drafted Roethlisberger in the draft. That's the end of the story. I don't think there has ever been any admittance from anyone that Cowher was forced to take him. It's just speculation. If Cowher or Rooney admitted it, then I apologize.
    Dan Rooney did admit it....lol He was quoted as saying the team always regretted not drafting Dan Marino in 83 and said there wasn't a chance of them doing so again in 2004 with Ben........Plus Ben and Cowher didn't have the greatest relationship.....Just like Ben and Whiz.......I know you have an agenda against Tomlin and that is fine but I just can't agree with you about Cowher.....Bill Cowher was a very good HC no doubt but he had faults and made mistakes.......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Scott over Plummer was bad, Burress over Pennington was the right call. You didn't need a good QB if you had a receiver like Burress. First Maddox proved as much with his great season throwing to Burress and Ward and then Manning proved that because he sucked for the first 3 years of his career and yet they still won games because Burress would catch Eli's horrible passes.

I already brought up Cowher's "gameday coaching" in the postseason. You want to blame gameday coaching when it's pretty obvious that QBs like Kordell and O'Donnell don't beat QBs like Bledsoe, Elway and Aikman. There's nothing complicated about it.
    So when Cowher failed, it was because of the QB
    And when Ben has failed, it is because of the coaches

got it...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    He was the head coach of the team that drafted him... he had to be convinced by the owner. Rooney made the call on Big Ben.
    Colbert wanted Ben and Cowher wanted Andrews so Rooney made the tiebreaking call so you're right.......The conflict between Cowher and Colbert just proves there was a power struggle between Cowher and Tom Donahoe.....Cowher had a tremendous ego.......

Will never get this

Just coach is all I want to say! No fancy talk, just coaching and preparation!

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Colbert wanted Ben and Cowher wanted Andrews so Rooney made the tiebreaking call so you're right.......The conflict between Cowher and Colbert just proves there was a power struggle between Cowher and Tom Donahoe.....Cowher had a tremendous ego.......
    which is why someone should put the talent on the field and worry about the contracts and what not and why someone should take the talent and maximize it. Head coach/GM's are nightmares for teams, its just not a good balance.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Cowher was a Franchise QB away from a few Superbowls....albeit he screwed up a few AFC Championships because of it.....Tomlin is just plain HORRIBLE on Game Day.......Don't be so sure the the Steelers won't let him go this is a different Rooney family as well.....I am not a BA fan but the Rooneys dropped him like a hot potato last season based on fan displeasure as well as Tomlin throwing him under the bus......Now he is leading a far less talented team into the Playoffs.......so who is the Better Coach?????........Tomlin won't be around in a year or two if this trend continues......
    I dont know if it will be a year or two but I will say this I dont see Tomlin lasting 15 years here like Cowher did at the rate he is going at now. I just dont see it happening...

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    I am not a BA fan but the Rooneys dropped him like a hot potato last season based on fan displeasure...
    Bullshit. People pissed and moaned nonstop about BA for FIVE YEARS before Art II finally pulled the plug.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Rooneys don't knee-jerk because a bunch of spoiled-*** fans can't handle the Steelers not winning it all every year. That's more Daniel Snyder's and Jerry Jones' speed.

Tomlin's not going anywhere for a while. Deal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    ""Our 6-10 record in 2003 earned us the eleventh pick in the first round of the 2004 NFL draft. During the process of evaluating and grading the college prospects, we looked carefully at the quarterbacks. Our staff had concluded that Eli Manning and Philip Rivers were the most polished of the prospects available, but there also was a big, strong, talented kid at Miami of Ohio named Ben Roethlisberger who intrigued a lot of our scouts. Manning and Rivers both were picked before our turn, and so our people seemed to be focused on Shawn Andrews, a big offensive tackle from Arkansas as our likely number-one pick.

But when our turn came, I couldn't bear the thought of passing on another great quarterback prospect the way we had passed on Dan Marino in 1983, so I steered the conversation around to Roethlisberger. [/B]After some more talk, we came to a consensus and picked Roethlisberger.[/B] Big Ben, six-foot-five, 240 pounds, was quick, tough, had a great arm, and could think on his feet. He was just what we needed."
    - Rooney

Cowher didn't WANT roethlisberger... he had to be convinced by the owner
    To me, it sounds like an owner trying to get in on the credit for the Roethlisberger pick. There is nothing here that indicates that Cowher "did not" want Roethlisberger.

My Mood
    Manic
    nyc Tomlin didn't lose to the chargers the team did did tomlin tell brown to bite on that double move or tell ben to throw a pick they are called mental mistakes and the players are accountable for there mistakes not tomlin 1-1 in the super bowl is a great record considering 97 percent of the coaches don't ever make it there i have been a steelers fan for 43 years but only in the last 10 have i encountered these whiney nowitalls by the way the presidents name was truman just in case you wanted to know
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 12-10-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I dont know if it will be a year or two but I will say this I dont see Tomlin lasting 15 years here like Cowher did at the rate he is going at now. I just dont see it happening...
    Well, between 1998-2003, there were THREE losing seasons and FOUR non-playoff seasons, and Cowher still kept his job. He then completely checked out for the entire 2006 season after finally getting over the hump the year before and he still left on his terms at the conclusion of that season. Tomlin hasn't posted a losing record yet, has missed the playoffs a grand total of one time in six years and he has one or two years left, tops?

Don't think so...
    Last edited by steelers75; 12-10-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Thread Information