Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Will never get this

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I have to agree with this.

Cowher didn't have franchise QB's for the majority of his time in Steel town. If he did, We would have made atleast two-three more Super Bowls. Cowher is a better coach then Tomlin.

But..Colbert has equal blame in this as Tomlin. I'm ready for a change at the GM position as well.
    But Cowher with his own ego thought he could win a Super Bowl with just a power run game and playing great defense so he didn't value the QB position....Cowher takes blame since he did have a say in draft matters (its why Tom Donahoe did stepped down after the 99 season as the teams director of football operations in a power struggle with Cowher) and did neglect the QB position for years......Cowher didn't even want to draft Ben and wanted to draft Shawn Andrews the OG from Arkansas but Dan Rooney stepped in and said draft Ben.......

if you asked cowher what he thought of kordell stewart he would have called him a franchise QB and then ejaculated all of the podium back then...the franchise QB argument is dumb considering he was infatuated with kordell and stuck with him way to long

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    if you asked cowher what he thought of kordell stewart he would have called him a franchise QB and then ejaculated all of the podium back then...the franchise QB argument is dumb considering he was infatuated with kordell and stuck with him way to long
    You had to mention Kordell.......Memories of the 97 and 01 AFC title game losses just popped back up in my mind......lol But I agree with you about Cowher and Kordell.....I have issues with Tomlin but I have never wanted Cowher back......I sure don't miss losing AFC title games in Pittsburgh......lol

The 1994 AFC title game loss vs the Chargers in Pittsburgh was the worst loss for me as a fan.........That 94 defense was a great unit and really on par with the 2008 Steelers defense.......

Banned
    Cowher was a horrible game day coach, martyball to the tee. He just spit and yelled a lot. Tomlin is fine
    Stop it. You embarrass yourself when people who actually know Steeler football read garbage statements like this. You would've done a lot more than spit and yell if you had the quarterbacks Cowher had. Anyone who faults Cowher for not winning the big game with the quarterbacks he had is either spoiled or completely stupid. Mediocre quarterbacks don't win Superbowls unless they play against mediocre quarterbacks like Dilfer against Collins or Brad Johnson against Gannon. To blame Cowher for Neil O'Donnell, an average quarterback at best, getting his *** handed to him by hall of famer Troy Aikman is beyond stupid. To blame Cowher for not winning the AFC Championship with Kordell f#%king Stewart against hall of famer John Elway is even more stupid.

At least with Cowher, Steelers fans could count on the team making the playoffs despite the quarterback, and from there, you would just have to hope that whichever mediocre Steelers quarterback was starting would have a great fluke performance in the playoffs while the real playoff caliber quarterbacks like Bledsoe and Elway would crap the bed. People quickly point to the AFC Championship loss to the Chargers. Two points: the Steelers defense folded at the end and we would've been embarrassed by Steve Young and the 49ers anyway just like O'Donnell got embarrassed by the Aikman and the Cowboys.

Tomlin with a hall of fame quarterback, currently top 5 in the league, in the prime of his f#*king career has been eliminated in the first round twice by Tebow and the Broncos and Garrard and the Jaguars. Do you even remember Garrard's stats in that game? he was disgusting, and Tomlin still managed to lose the game. Let's throw in a playoff miss and another one coming this year. Yeah. He's fine. F**king moronic.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 12-10-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Stop it. You embarrass yourself when people who actually know Steeler football read garbage statements like this. You would've done a lot more than spit and yell if you had the quarterbacks Cowher had. Anyone who faults Cowher for not winning the big game with the quarterbacks he had is either spoiled or completely stupid. Mediocre quarterbacks don't win Superbowls unless they play against mediocre quarterbacks like Dilfer against Collins or Brad Johnson against Gannon. To blame Cowher for Neil O'Donnell, an average quarterback at best, getting his *** handed to him by hall of famer Troy Aikman is beyond stupid. To blame Cowher for not winning the AFC Championship with Kordell f#%king Stewart against hall of famer John Elway is even more stupid.

At least with Cowher, Steelers fans could count on the team making the playoffs despite the quarterback, and from there, you would just have to hope that whichever mediocre Steelers quarterback was starting would have a great fluke performance in the playoffs while the real playoff caliber quarterbacks like Bledsoe and Elway would crap the bed. People quickly point to the AFC Championship loss to the Chargers. Two point: the Steelers defense folded at the end and we would've been embarrassed by Steve Young and the 49ers anyway just like O'Donnell got embarrassed by the Aikman and the Cowboys.

Tomlin with a hall of fame quarterback, currently top 5 in the league, in the prime of his f#*king career has been eliminated in the first round twice by Tebow and the Broncos and Jacksonville and Garrard and the Jaguars. Do you even remember Garrard's stats in that game? he was disgusting, and Tomlin still managed to lose the game. Let's throw in a playoff miss and another one coming this year. Yeah. He's fine. F**king moronic.
    cowher also blantantly quit on the team and the fans, i dont get how that doesnt make you sick

steelers fans have been able to count on tomlins team making the playoffs, his record is out of this world for a young HC. Cowher was not an x's and o's guy, he was one hell of a motivator and what almost just made into this character that everyone loved despite his faults. He was Marty Shottenheimer jr. in almost every way as a coach, especially in the playoffs. Steelers wanted consistency and stuck with him even through bad times which everyone saying "fire tomlin" is taking for granted, that longevity at coaching is a serious formula for success for this team...what do you want to do bring in gruden? a much worse coach? hell they should go after spurrier or saban or meyer right? you seriously dont know what the **** you are talking about, you are spewing garbage.

I get that you just assume they are going to win the superbowl every year and while i hope they do they arent the first team that lost to that jagaur team that year or that bronco team last year. Ive seen them in brawls with the broncos so often over the years and not to mention Del Rio coached on that jacksonville team and he was the broncos d coodinator under john fox....but i guess that gets over looked, the idea that omg a coach could have been there done that before and get the upper hand on the steelers is just insane, they should clearly clean house and start over fresh. Del Rios defense has always been a terror for the steelers from john henderson and marcus stroud being earthquakes in the middle of the dline to rashean mathis having probably 5 career pick6s against ben. Von Miller has been dominating the entire league and instead of mathis it was bailey and porter. After all the brawls the steelers have had with the raiders, chargers, jaguars, and broncos over the years you have to expect close games sometimes, not everything is a blowout in favor of the steelers

and cowher loved kordell, i guarantee he looked at kordell as a franchise QB back then...he was not the greatest evaluator of talent and really stuck with "his guys" much too long in some situations
    Last edited by K Train; 12-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post

At least with Cowher, Steelers fans could count on the team making the playoffs despite the quarterback, and from there, you would just have to hope that whichever mediocre Steelers quarterback was starting would have a great fluke performance in the playoffs while the real playoff caliber quarterbacks like Bledsoe and Elway would crap the bed. People quickly point to the AFC Championship loss to the Chargers. Two points: the Steelers defense folded at the end and we would've been embarrassed by Steve Young and the 49ers anyway just like O'Donnell got embarrassed by the Aikman and the Cowboys.

Tomlin with a hall of fame quarterback, currently top 5 in the league, in the prime of his f#*king career has been eliminated in the first round twice by Tebow and the Broncos and Garrard and the Jaguars. Do you even remember Garrard's stats in that game? he was disgusting, and Tomlin still managed to lose the game. Let's throw in a playoff miss and another one coming this year. Yeah. He's fine. F**king moronic.
    Who stuck with Kordell all those years?....Bill Cowher.....Cowher had an ego and thought he could win a Super Bowl with his power running game and playing great defense while devaluing the QB position.......Bill Cowher had a major say in draft matters and Tom Donahoe stepping down as the team director of football operations after the 99 season proves that......Cowher didn't even want to draft Ben......Thank God Dan Rooney stepped in and put his foot down......

I just find it funny you blame Tomlin for everything under the sun but you can't put any blame on the great Bill Cowher for all those AFC title losses in Pittsburgh......I'm far from a Tomlin supporter at this point but I won't give Cowher a free pass like you do......

My Mood
    Addicted
    cowher also blantantly quit on the team and the fans, i dont get how that doesnt make you sick

steelers fans have been able to count on tomlins team making the playoffs, his record is out of this world for a young HC. Cowher was not an x's and o's guy, he was one hell of a motivator and what almost just made into this character that everyone loved despite his faults. He was Marty Shottenheimer jr. in almost every way as a coach, especially in the playoffs. Steelers wanted consistency and stuck with him even through bad times which everyone saying "fire tomlin" is taking for granted, that longevity at coaching is a serious formula for success for this team...what do you want to do bring in gruden? a much worse coach? hell they should go after spurrier or saban or meyer right? you seriously dont know what the **** you are talking about, you are spewing garbage.

I get that you just assume they are going to win the superbowl every year and while i hope they do they arent the first team that lost to that jagaur team that year or that bronco team last year. Ive seen them in brawls with the broncos so often over the years and not to mention Del Rio coached on that jacksonville team and he was the broncos d coodinator under john fox....but i guess that gets over looked, the idea that omg a coach could have been there done that before and get the upper hand on the steelers is just insane, they should clearly clean house and start over fresh. Del Rios defense has always been a terror for the steelers from john henderson and marcus stroud being earthquakes in the middle of the dline to rashean mathis having probably 5 career pick6s against ben. Von Miller has been dominating the entire league and instead of mathis it was bailey and porter. After all the brawls the steelers have had with the raiders, chargers, jaguars, and broncos over the years you have to expect close games sometimes, not everything is a blowout in favor of the steelers

and cowher loved kordell, i guarantee he looked at kordell as a franchise QB back then...he was not the greatest evaluator of talent and really stuck with "his guys" much too long in some situations
    For once, we agree.

So what I'm getting from everyone that wants Tomlin gone is that you want to bring in another coach. If that coach doesn't win, everybody's going to want him gone and bring in someone else. It's crazy to me. There's only so much a head coach can do. Tomlin can't account for fumbles and interceptions or players not playing up to their full potential.

NFL fans are never happy. You want Tomlin to get rid of Arians, he does it. You want Tomlin to be stricter with players, benches Mendenhall for two weeks straight. Fans are never going to be happy until a team wins every single game of every single season that they're supposed to win. Never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    For once, we agree.

So what I'm getting from everyone that wants Tomlin gone is that you want to bring in another coach. If that coach doesn't win, everybody's going to want him gone and bring in someone else. It's crazy to me. There's only so much a head coach can do. Tomlin can't account for fumbles and interceptions or players not playing up to their full potential.

NFL fans are never happy. You want Tomlin to get rid of Arians, he does it. You want Tomlin to be stricter with players, benches Mendenhall for two weeks straight. Fans are never going to be happy until a team wins every single game of every single season that they're supposed to win. Never going to happen.
    now i feel weird

Banned

You're the one that spews garbage regarding Tomlin and Cowher. You make up nonsense or omit facts in order to back up your own opinion. How the f##k do you know if Cowher was an x's and o's guy or not? x's and o's seemed fine when it came to the running game. Perhaps the passing game sucked because he had no one to throw the ball. Keep ignoring Bubby Brister, Graham, Maddox, Stewart and O'Donnell and just place the blame on the head coach. Is Coughlin an x's and o's guy? He didn't win with Brunell did he? He had to wait until he got a polished Eli Manning in his 4th season to win.

All I need to know about Tomlin is that he has Ben Reothlisberger. Put Roethlisberger on more than half the teams in the league and the head coach will have Tomlin's regular season record, if not better. Six seasons with a future hall of famer in his prime and he's been eliminated in the first round to miserable teams twice and will have missed the playoffs twice. I never expected to be a great team when I knew the season was opening up with Kordell Stewart as the starting QB. I was happy just to see them get into the playoffs. But I do expect to see a lot when Roethlisberger is the QB because once he's gone, chances are we'll be back to average quarterbacks for a very long time. The time to be great and win as a team is NOW.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    For once, we agree.

You're damn right I'm never happy......I had to sit through all those let downs before seeing this team finally win two Super Bowls......I'm more calm now then I was when I was younger....lol There a time you couldn't talk to me for at least 3-4 days after a Steelers loss....lol I use rant all the time about firing Cowher so Tomlin gets the same treatment......

Thread Information