Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Will never get this

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Luck may end up better than Roethlisberger, who knows? But saying he's better now is absolutely foolish (and I'm a big fan of Andrew Luck).
    He's more talented.

(which is what i said in response to the "i don't understand why the Colts are so successful with Arians, when the Steelers weren't- even though I admit I have not watched Luck play this year... that can't be the reason" thread)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    He's more talented.

(which is what i said in response to the "i don't understand why the Colts are so successful with Arians, when the Steelers weren't- even though I admit I have not watched Luck play this year... that can't be the reason" thread)
    I'm not even sure he's more talented than Ben. I will say though that he's smarter and extremely meticulous, just like the guy he replaced. And he's definitely got a better wok ethic than Ben had at the same point in his career.

Assistant Coach
    I'm not even sure he's more talented than Ben. I will say though that he's smarter and extremely meticulous, just like the guy he replaced. And he's definitely got a better wok ethic than Ben had at the same point in his career.
    I'm sure... from a talent observation (collection of skills, nature of those skills).... it's not even close. From my perspective, and this was before the draft, there wasn't a single QB skill that Andrew Luck didn't have in his arsenal and possess an elite foundation in. After nearly a full season... I have no doubt that he will be the elite franchise QB of his generation.

Its no different then knowing from day 1 that Peyton was more talented than Favre, and it was only a matter of a few years before it would be obvious to everyone.

A lot of teams win and lose with their best players. People blame coaches way too much for losses, including Tomlin. He drives me nuts at times like everyone else but he is a decent coach and better than any other options I can think of.

It's funny how people blame Tomlin for losses that were caused by **** poor play but don't give Tomlin credit for wins.

Comparing teams of the past to teams of the present and trying to predict what coaches or players would do then compared to now is just ridiculous. There is absolutely no way to predict it.

As for the Rooney rule, there is a chance Tomlin was hired because he is black, but nobody knows that for sure. All we know is that he was interviewed because he is black. It's certainly more than possible that he was hired because he was considered the best candidate.

I'm sure... from a talent observation (collection of skills, nature of those skills).... it's not even close. From my perspective, and this was before the draft, there wasn't a single QB skill that Andrew Luck didn't have in his arsenal and possess an elite foundation in. After nearly a full season... I have no doubt that he will be the elite franchise QB of his generation.

Its no different then knowing from day 1 that Peyton was more talented than Favre, and it was only a matter of a few years before it would be obvious to everyone.
    Trust me. I feel the same way. Luck will be an Elite QB. I'm just not ready to put him in that category yet.

Draft Pick
    Your ignorance is showing. Stop acting like the Rooney Rule makes it so you have to hire a black coach. The Rooney Rule required teams to at least interview a minority candidate. There's nothing that says you have to hire them.

And Tomlin was a relatively hot name when he was hired. He was from the Dungy coaching tree and was the defensive coordinator of a top 10 Vikings defense in 2006 (ranked higher than Pittsburgh in total defense and number 1 against the run)...

Stop acting like they gave a handout to the poor little black assistant coach at Johns Hopkins University.
    He was #1 against the run because everyone was passing all over his ***. Why run when I can kill you threw the air? I hope the Rooney's were smart enough to see through that phony stat. He was something like 31st against the pass and #1 run. That's the whole story right there nothing to do with coaching. As for this Dungy tree who is plucking from it. What the **** has anyone done with Dungy. You mean that same guy that had Manning for all those years plus couldn't take Tampa to the dance which Grudin did the very next year?

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    He was #1 against the run because everyone was passing all over his ***. Why run when I can kill you threw the air? I hope the Rooney's were smart enough to see through that phony stat. He was something like 31st against the pass and #1 run. That's the whole story right there nothing to do with coaching. As for this Dungy tree who is plucking from it. What the **** has anyone done with Dungy. You mean that same guy that had Manning for all those years plus couldn't take Tampa to the dance which Grudin did the very next year?
    funny... since in the Tomlin/Cowher scenario, you would say Gruden won with the team Dungy built.

no consistency... well aside from the consistent, "if you're black... your successes belong to the white guy" lol

Draft Pick
    funny... since in the Tomlin/Cowher scenario, you would say Gruden won with the team Dungy built.

no consistency... well aside from the consistent, "if you're black... your successes belong to the white guy" lol
    I don't think anyone will argue that Gruden won with Dungy's team. See the difference is Dungy couldn't win with his own team that is why he was let go and Gruden brought in. Then he inherited Manning and should have won countless Super Bowls instead he only won one. So Dungy is not this great freaking coach you make him out to be.

In Chuckies defense he did build up the Raiders who he faced as coach of the Bucs the next year.
    Last edited by LASVEGASGUY; 12-10-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LASVEGASGUY View Post
    I don't think anyone will argue that Gruden won with Dungy's team. See the difference is Dungy couldn't win with his own team that is why he was let go and Gruden brought in. Then he inherited Manning and should have won countless Super Bowls instead he only won one. So Dungy is not this great freaking coach you make him out to be.

In Chuckies defense he did build up the Raiders who he faced as coach of the Bucs the next year.
    One of Al davis's senile moves was getting rid of gruden.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    WTF happened to this thread?....When I left for work it was at 6 pages and now its 16.....lol

Thread Information