Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff that hurt the Steelers today.

Bookmark and Share

Stuff that hurt the Steelers today.

1. The inability to protect Ben. Ben can not be running around on every single play, just to make a play. Please. All we are asking is for about 3-4 seconds.

2. Mental mistakes, really Harrison/Troy? Offsides on back to back plays is bull ****ing ****

3. Mr. Haley, we have a fullback in Will Johnson, why are you NOT using him on 3rd/4th and shorts? Try to get ben into a rythym? Try a god damn screen once and awhile like they should have today to get some of the pressure off of Ben? Where the **** is Rainey at? We have a 6'5 receiver in Burress and you only give him two tsrget all game today when he made a hell of a catch at the beggining of the game.

4. Defense, can we please get off the ****ing field on a 3rd down? Not so much. The lack of turnovers this team fails to create is rediculous with the amount of payroll on that side of the ball. The front 7 besides Timmons has been subpar a lot this season. Yes even you Mr. Keisel.

5. Drops, by both Brown and Wallace today could have changed the game by the field position standard so our punter isnt always punting from the 10 yard line.

6. Offensive line- who the **** are you guys? One week your dominant, next week you flat out suck. Colon should never wear a steelers jersey again. Right now, I would rather see Starx/Pouncey/Legs/Decastro/Adams(when healthty). I know Pouncey is a beast at center, right now he is NEEDED at guard. Colon/Foster sucks ****ing balls.

Sorry for the rant. Had to get it out there.
    Last edited by steelchamp204; 12-10-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Stuff that hurt the Steelers today.

They were doomed the second they came out of the tunnel. I honestly think this team assumed this was an easy W and that's what bit them in the ***... Oh well they have a chance to win out and still have a spot.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I have to agree with LatrobePA. This team thought the Chargers were just going to roll over. And for the team to be that mentally unprepared, that falls on the coach.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I"m not sure I want this team to make the Playoffs now. I'm just real frustrated with this team right now.

the funny thing is the AFC is so horrible that their chances of making the playoffs are still relatively high. If they get in i dont thin anyone would be surprised to see them play their best football, everyone talks about the giants as the team that turns it on in the playoffs but the steelers were that team first

I don't care how good their chances are to make the playoffs. This team is one of the worse coached, cry babyish teams the Steelers have ever had. I don't know if I want them to make the playoffs because if they don't, then I know they'll be some changes made for sure in the off-season. Not making the playoffs will put a magnifying glass on Colbert and Tomlin to do better or else!

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+
    You never know what to expect from the Steelers. I don't understand why they have issues teams with losing records (i'm not going to use the term "weak team" b/c there's no such thing in the NFL. Often times, "weak teams" are a play or two away each game from being good teams. Yesterday's game was a great example of just getting out played. The field position and time of possession told the whole story. The Chargers were able to convert 3rd down after 3rd down which tires out the defense, changes field position and eats clock. As a team in the NFL, you have to be competitive in order to win. The Chargers were never challenged by the Steelers yesterday. When a team is challenged, they react differently. Rivers was never forced into making bad decisions out of desperation, because the Steelers offense and defense never challenged him. By not being productive on either side of the ball, the Steelers gave the Chargers confidence....The team has to learn that they must challenge every opponent....no matter their record. You can't just play complacent football in the hope that you'll make a few big plays to win down the stretch. Luckily, 2/3 remaining games are against teams that are trying to get into the playoffs Dallas & Cinci). The Steelers tend to play better in these situations. I hope they play with a sense of urgency for the rest of the regular season.
    Last edited by City of Champyinz; 12-10-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Sorry Snake, that must have been when I was at work being on second shift. I watched up until half and a little from the third then had to follow gamecast on my phone. My issue with the lack of screens were early in the game to the RB's lol. Not the WR. So thats what this play looked like .

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    My thoughts (BOLD) on your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    2. Mental mistakes: the lack of discipline and mental lapses (and mental toughness) is all derived from the Head Coach. Im not even gonna start about the 2pt conversion...

3. Mr. Haley: Agreed, **** poor situational play calling! Id kill for a RB screen to Rainey...

4. Defense: Im not gonna bitch too much. Wish we could hit the QB more, but as Tomlin would say "it is what it is". Agree with your statement on the front 7.

5. Drops by all the WRs: was kinda hoping to see more of Plax after his catch... guess not.

6. Offensive line: All the hate for Colon boggles my mind. Yes, he gets penalized like twice as game, but hes a good player. We started this game w/ Colon (not 100%) and a rook making his second start... Then Doug Legusky has to come in... first play a sack... wasnt his fault (they overloaded the rook) but he was the only guy who didnt block someone on the play. I feel like i wanna make excuses for the OL b/c the "potential" seems to be there... but fact if the Chargers had 4 new starters and their offense still scored 34 pts.

People were saying all week it would be a loss if we lost Kuger... im second guessing that.

Fact is Foster should be our swing man and Legursky shouldnt even be on the roster... I hope Decastro is going to be ready soon, we need him!

Sorry for the rant. Had to get it out there.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information