Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Need a Full Back!!

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The O-line is still a work in progress.

But bringing Mendy back as the starter? No way. He kills the team's moral with his fumbles. And the team's psyche is fragile as it is.

I would like to see an upgrade at the runningback position but I think that is like 5th or 6th on the priority list of things we need.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

We Need a Full Back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Tomlin made his point, the most talented RB on the team needs to play.
    Agreed! Fun time is over!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I swear to Christ I see this exact thread every year, usually including that we need Dan Kreider. Will Yinzers never understand that we don't need to be 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust to be successful?

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Mendenhall had just returned in the Browns game. Only carried the ball 4 times, two were fumbles. I think there are other reasons he is in tomlins doghouse.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    I swear to Christ I see this exact thread every year, usually including that we need Dan Kreider. Will Yinzers never understand that we don't need to be 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust to be successful?
    I dont mean that i just mean we need a fullback if were gonna run the d*** ball!! Not all the time but when you go to a single back set and the running back is 8-9 yards in the backfield your not fulling anyone.. i mean its 3rd and 1, the running back 9 yards in the back field gets the ball and only gets back to the line sad!! now if you run out of the shot gun no dont need a full back, and Mendenhall should be in there, but he would still need a fullback!!

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    You guys might not want to hear this but I'm going to say it. . .Mendenhall needs to be the starter for the following reasons:

Speed - Dwyer and Redman have none
    Range - Have you noticed the Steelers NEVER run outside the tackle anymore?

I know he might be a little fumble prone lately, but I still think he is their best option down the stretch.

To stop the Steelers running game, simply blitz the A or B gap because they never run outside because they can't with Redman or Dwyer.

Other thing is and I really noticed it yesterday is why are the RB's 8-9 yards in the backfield behind center? When they get the handoff, they are still 5 yards in the backfield and have to run 5 yards just to get back to the LOS.
    I went to my uncles yesterday to watch the game and thats what me and him talked about during the game, why do we always run a single back set on 3rd and 1 with the running back 9 yards in the backfield, not fulling anyone.. its not that hard to fix its simple, and Train i agree get Owen Schmitt!!

if you're going to run single back, then you have to go 3-wide to loosen up the box and it gives the offense a good pass/run option. Or you can motion the slot (sometimes this is Heath) , and he becomes your lead blocker.

Bottom line, Steelers thought they would show up and win yesterday and got punched in the chops. Hopefully the serving of humble pie they were force fed wakes them up a little bit.

I'm down for a crazy *** FB that splits his own head with his helmet getting amped pregame. Hell ya I'd be down for Owen Schmitt lol.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Kid named Zach Line from SMU would look mighty good in Black and Gold next year. RB/FB hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    Kid named Zach Line from SMU would look mighty good in Black and Gold next year. RB/FB hybrid.
    Love that!!

Thread Information