Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not going for the 2-point conversions...Just an observation...

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Not going for the 2-point conversions...Just an observation...

Is it a telling statement that Tomlin just may not trust our current stable of running backs to get the conversion? Personally, that kind of scares me going forward...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    What have these RB's really done to gain any trust really?.....Rashard is the most talented but its clear that a change is in the best interest for both parties really......Dwyer again given a chance to step forward but he had a lack luster game....Redman is what he is just a role player but will have a breat out game here or there......

Rookie Free Agent
    ^^This^^ and that is my point. not saying that the conversions may have been a big game changer, but...I guess we'll never know. Are there any RB's coming out of college this year? Any decent ones?

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I still think it was a ridiculous stupid call by Tomlin to not go for 2 there and make it a 2 score game at 34-18. I mean even if you dont get it and it's still 34-16 who cares?? I mean the game is still not over yet with 7 minutes left at least give yourself a chance for crying out loud and go for 2. Tomlin gave some retarded explanation for it in the postgame saying that he didnt want to expose the 2 point plays until the D proved they could stop the Chargers. What the **** does that have to do with anything?? Youre trying to give your team a chance to still stay in and still win the game. Now who knows if they wouldnt have gotten 3 two point conversions but the bottom line is at least give yourself a chance by going for them instead of kicking a fg and still keep it at 3 score game. It was absolutely retarded by Tomlin to do this and give the explanation he did afterwords...

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I still think it was a ridiculous stupid call by Tomlin to not go for 2 there and make it a 2 score game at 34-18. I mean even if you dont get it and it's still 34-16 who cares?? I mean the game is still not over yet with 7 minutes left at least give yourself a chance for crying out loud and go for 2. Tomlin gave some retarded explanation for it in the postgame saying that he didnt want to expose the 2 point plays until the D proved they could stop the Chargers. What the **** does that have to do with anything?? Youre trying to give your team a chance to still stay in and still win the game. Now who knows if they wouldnt have gotten 3 two point conversions but the bottom line is at least give yourself a chance by going for them instead of kicking a fg and still keep it at 3 score game. It was absolutely retarded by Tomlin to do this and give the explanation he did afterwords...
    Agreed, that is a patheticallly weak excuse...methinks he has just run out of favor with the RB's that he has and didn't wnat to risk a fumblerooski. But at the same time, you take the chance regardless. That is why i think overtly conservative play calling is bullshit and has no use in situations where you could realistically get yourself back into a game...against a pathetic Chargers team...

My Mood
    Addicted
    He's afraid to use his RBs. That's not Steeler football. You have to give the team a chance. Not going for it gets you no place
    River Rat
    GO STEELERS!!!

Draft Pick
    I don't think it was about Tomlin not trusting the RBs. There are other options to make a two-point conversion. Remember the Bengals game? Heath spread out wide against a smaller DB. This was poor game management on Tomlin's part.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    I don't think it was about Tomlin not trusting the RBs. There are other options to make a two-point conversion. Remember the Bengals game? Heath spread out wide against a smaller DB. This was poor game management on Tomlin's part.
    Yeah Get7, but unfortunately, other teams are well aware of Heath in the Red Zone by now, and frankly, that is what they are expecting. If we had a TRUE running back like when we had Bussie, I don't think the question would be asked if we were going for the 2 in close situations like we had today. Fade pass to the TE in the back of the end zone is a play that needs to go the way of the leather helmets..

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    How about Tomlin going for it on 4th and 1 again? When the offense couldn't do anything? Basically gave San diego another 3 points. Arrogant play call in my book. And we've seen him do it over and over again.

The Steelers had everything to play for today. They were coming off a HUGE win last week. They had there qb returning, they were at home and they were playing a 4-8 team with a coach and a gm on the outs. And they laid a major egg! Inexcusable. They were clearly flat and unprepared. You must blame the head coach for this.They were never in this game. They sucked!
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    Here's Tomlin's reason for not going for the two-point conversion:

Mike Tomlin's odd explanation for not going to two when it was 34-16 ... READ MORE:

Mike Tomlin was asked why he didn't go for two when the Steelers pulled within 34-16. A 34-18 deficit sets up a situation where they can tie with two TDs: "Until we stopped them, it was going to be insignificant. I was holding the two-point plays for that reason and that reason only. Now, we still have them in our hip pocket. Those specialty plays, we didn't want to put on tope unless we had an opportunity to close the gap. As you can see, we didn't." ... Good luck making sense of that.

Thread Information