Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Mock after Chargers game

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    heres what i would say from the past few weeks:

    1 Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin (Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame)
    Frederick would be an incredible LG to team up with Pouncey and Decastro on the inside.

    Eifert is a jump ball phenom, he would be the successor to Heath but would be a big impact in the passing game from day one

    2 David Amerson CB North Carolina State (Margus Hunt DE SMU)
    Amerson is a classic CB to FS transition candidate...Rolle, Jenkins, ect....his ball skills are out of this world and hes a big hitter, hes been burned this year after having ridiculous pick numbers last year, but his fall from top 10 to second would be a great gift.

    Margus Hunt is a physical freak, to play him in a 34 he could be like a mixure of JJ Watt and Calais Campbell

    3 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford (Dennard Robinson, WR Mich)

    Chase Thomas is a high effort pass rusher, hes relentless and excels at blitzing.

    Robinson has trick play ability but would likely be a return man and he just has a dynamic in the open field that rivals hester or harvin

    4 Aaron Murray QB Georgia (Montee Ball RB, Wisc)
    Highest percentage passer in college football, could possibly be a starter one day but is an ideal backup QB. Better than colt mccoy could dream to be, and id take colt mccoy as a backup in a heartbeat.

    Ball is a hard runner with terrific vision, i think hes a lot like chester taylor and would immediately be better than redman

    5 Jon Bostic MLB Florida

    Good MLB of the future, they will likely miss out on teo and skov if they want to target a MLB

    just a few guys i like early in the process, im not quite where i usually am as far as grading prospects

    Amerson Won't be there in the 2nd ... some team will fall in love with his tape from last year... unless we pick in the early middle of the 2nd round

    I doubt Chase Thomas makes it to the 3rd either ... but I like Gerald Hodges better anyway

    I could see another guard as I do not like Colon at Guard ... to many penalties ... I was thinking about putting one in somewhere ... but the Defense is just so deep this year, and need so much more help on that side of the ball ...

    except I would love Eddie Lacey , but I like Phillip Thomas better ... watch his name rise as the draft process starts

  2. #12
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,967
    Amerson has a lot of work to do in order to be drafted above some of the other potential 1st round CBs, not really a lot of elite talent at CB this year but a bunt of fringe firs/second round guys....rhodes and banks included

  3. #13
    Rookie Free Agent penguins&steelers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Indiana
    Posts
    39
    My Mood
    Sick
    We don't need a WR early. I don't want Wallace back. He blows. But Sanders will step up. Also, how do you have Mauti all the way in the 6th round? I would LOVE to have him as a Die Hard Penn State fan, but 6th round seems low.

  4. #14
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,967
    "he Blows"

    lol ridiculous.

    No thanks to penn state players not named hodges

  5. #15
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    "he Blows"

    lol ridiculous.

    No thanks to penn state players not named hodges
    Yeah I love Hodges ... one of my favorite prospects this year ... but Mauti in the 6th, because he has to check out medically ... and he already had I think 2 season ending knee injuries... that's a risky pick, but one with high reward

  6. #16
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Amerson has a lot of work to do in order to be drafted above some of the other potential 1st round CBs, not really a lot of elite talent at CB this year but a bunt of fringe firs/second round guys....rhodes and banks included
    I agree with you he's definitely a free safety , or a team that runs Zone scheme he can play Corner in ... but I just think last years tape will make him go 1-2 (top middle part of the 2nd) ... I would actually love to have him to play Free Safety ... I'm just hoping where they pick in the 2nd I don't think he'll be left ... matter of fact him and Phillip Thomas would create turnovers for us, so I wouldn't be opposed taking Amerson in the first

  7. #17
    Draft Pick Cricker24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    172
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I would be thrilled if the Steelers drafted Eifert, but do you think that would really happen? I don't see the Steelers doing that only because they don't really run a 2 TE passing offense and they have such a history of having loyalty to their veterans, which in this case would be Heath Miller. Plus, it seems like they like this Paulson kid, even though I haven't been that impressed with him, and won't they have David Johnson back next year (another guy I'm not crazy about)?

    I like the idea of Denard Robinson. Being a Notre Dame fan, it's been a nightmare watching him shred the ND defense, except for this year of course, but the kid is fast. Having him return punts and play the slot, I like that a lot!!

    Chris

  8. #18
    Rookie Free Agent penguins&steelers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Indiana
    Posts
    39
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Yeah I love Hodges ... one of my favorite prospects this year ... but Mauti in the 6th, because he has to check out medically ... and he already had I think 2 season ending knee injuries... that's a risky pick, but one with high reward
    Yeah Mauti has had 2 season ending knee injuries, so that is ture. I still prefer Mauti to Hodges.

    And Mike Wallace does blow. Where have you guys been?

  9. #19
    Draft Pick mcfly06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland
    Posts
    163

    My Social Networks

    Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I Like Eddie Lacy ... I just think the Def needs some much needed youth added to it ... and you would have to take him 1st cause I doubt he last to the later part of the 2nd ... and I just don't think they can afford that right now

    also I don't think Wallace is going anywhere

    ~~EDIT~~

    I would like to Add I really starting to like this division 2 CB Robert Alford from Southeastern Louisiana, in the 4th...
    a little Edit after finding this kid

    1st - Matt Elam - FS - Florida
    2nd - Phillip Thomas - SS - Fresno State
    3rd - Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State
    4th - Robert Alford - CB - Southeastern Lousiana
    5th - Abry Jones - DE - Georgia
    6th - Michael Mauti - ILB - Penn State
    7th - Zac Stacy - RB - Vandy


    I would like a strictly pass rusher (Dion Jordan or Anthony Barr) in the 1st and even Eddie Lacy in the 2nd ... but I just want to get the Safety position which been a huge strength over the years back to form
    Love Eddie Lacy, what about Marcus Lattimore now i know he had knee probs but would we take a chance on him?? Also i would love Dion Jordon here watched every oregon game this year..

  10. #20
    Draft Pick mcfly06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland
    Posts
    163

    My Social Networks

    Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    heres what i would say from the past few weeks:

    1 Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin (Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame)
    Frederick would be an incredible LG to team up with Pouncey and Decastro on the inside.

    Eifert is a jump ball phenom, he would be the successor to Heath but would be a big impact in the passing game from day one

    2 David Amerson CB North Carolina State (Margus Hunt DE SMU)
    Amerson is a classic CB to FS transition candidate...Rolle, Jenkins, ect....his ball skills are out of this world and hes a big hitter, hes been burned this year after having ridiculous pick numbers last year, but his fall from top 10 to second would be a great gift.

    Margus Hunt is a physical freak, to play him in a 34 he could be like a mixure of JJ Watt and Calais Campbell

    3 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford (Dennard Robinson, WR Mich)

    Chase Thomas is a high effort pass rusher, hes relentless and excels at blitzing.

    Robinson has trick play ability but would likely be a return man and he just has a dynamic in the open field that rivals hester or harvin

    4 Aaron Murray QB Georgia (Montee Ball RB, Wisc)
    Highest percentage passer in college football, could possibly be a starter one day but is an ideal backup QB. Better than colt mccoy could dream to be, and id take colt mccoy as a backup in a heartbeat.

    Ball is a hard runner with terrific vision, i think hes a lot like chester taylor and would immediately be better than redman

    5 Jon Bostic MLB Florida

    Good MLB of the future, they will likely miss out on teo and skov if they want to target a MLB

    just a few guys i like early in the process, im not quite where i usually am as far as grading prospects
    Train i like the way you think, this is how i feel!! Only player i dont like is Robinson lol i dont see him doing anything in the NFL i dont think..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tailgate Chargers Game
    By campbellpainting in forum Steelers Tailgate Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 09:08 AM
  2. Thoughts on Chargers game.......
    By Steelersfan in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 03:32 PM
  3. Steelers - Chargers Game Nov 16
    By Steel Trap86 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 09:58 PM
  4. ..tix to Ravens game & tix to Chargers game
    By Steelerlyn in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 08:21 PM
  5. Bengals and Chargers game
    By Blitzburgh55 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 07:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •