Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock after Chargers game

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String

Mock after Chargers game

I think this game with Ike out opened up a glaring need at a #1 Corner for when Ike actually goes ... I'm very disappointed in Allan and Brown after this game ... as I have high hopes for Allan , not to sure about Brown anymore

1st - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
    2nd - Phillip Thomas - SS - Fresno State
    3rd - Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State
    4th - Duke Williams - SS - Nevada
    5th - Abry Jones - DE - Georgia
    6th - Michael Mauti - ILB - Penn State
    7th - Zac Stacy - RB - Vand

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Id rather get a RB higher in the draft someone that will be the guy!! It's time we get a RB like a AP,J.Charles someone better then what we have. If Wallace leaves were gonna have to get a WR too.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    Id rather get a RB higher in the draft someone that will be the guy!! It's time we get a RB like a AP,J.Charles someone better then what we have. If Wallace leaves were gonna have to get a WR too.
    I Like Eddie Lacy ... I just think the Def needs some much needed youth added to it ... and you would have to take him 1st cause I doubt he last to the later part of the 2nd ... and I just don't think they can afford that right now

also I don't think Wallace is going anywhere

~~EDIT~~

I would like to Add I really starting to like this division 2 CB Robert Alford from Southeastern Louisiana, in the 4th...
    a little Edit after finding this kid

1st - Matt Elam - FS - Florida
    2nd - Phillip Thomas - SS - Fresno State
    3rd - Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State
    4th - Robert Alford - CB - Southeastern Lousiana
    5th - Abry Jones - DE - Georgia
    6th - Michael Mauti - ILB - Penn State
    7th - Zac Stacy - RB - Vandy

I would like a strictly pass rusher (Dion Jordan or Anthony Barr) in the 1st and even Eddie Lacy in the 2nd ... but I just want to get the Safety position which been a huge strength over the years back to form
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-10-2012 at 12:38 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    They will never trade Troy, but what purpose does he really serve anymore...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

heres what i would say from the past few weeks:

1 Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin (Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame)
    Frederick would be an incredible LG to team up with Pouncey and Decastro on the inside.

Eifert is a jump ball phenom, he would be the successor to Heath but would be a big impact in the passing game from day one

2 David Amerson CB North Carolina State (Margus Hunt DE SMU)
    Amerson is a classic CB to FS transition candidate...Rolle, Jenkins, ect....his ball skills are out of this world and hes a big hitter, hes been burned this year after having ridiculous pick numbers last year, but his fall from top 10 to second would be a great gift.

Margus Hunt is a physical freak, to play him in a 34 he could be like a mixure of JJ Watt and Calais Campbell

3 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford (Dennard Robinson, WR Mich)

Chase Thomas is a high effort pass rusher, hes relentless and excels at blitzing.

Robinson has trick play ability but would likely be a return man and he just has a dynamic in the open field that rivals hester or harvin

4 Aaron Murray QB Georgia (Montee Ball RB, Wisc)
    Highest percentage passer in college football, could possibly be a starter one day but is an ideal backup QB. Better than colt mccoy could dream to be, and id take colt mccoy as a backup in a heartbeat.

Ball is a hard runner with terrific vision, i think hes a lot like chester taylor and would immediately be better than redman

5 Jon Bostic MLB Florida

Good MLB of the future, they will likely miss out on teo and skov if they want to target a MLB

just a few guys i like early in the process, im not quite where i usually am as far as grading prospects

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    heres what i would say from the past few weeks:

1 Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin (Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame)
    Frederick would be an incredible LG to team up with Pouncey and Decastro on the inside.

Eifert is a jump ball phenom, he would be the successor to Heath but would be a big impact in the passing game from day one

2 David Amerson CB North Carolina State (Margus Hunt DE SMU)
    Amerson is a classic CB to FS transition candidate...Rolle, Jenkins, ect....his ball skills are out of this world and hes a big hitter, hes been burned this year after having ridiculous pick numbers last year, but his fall from top 10 to second would be a great gift.

Margus Hunt is a physical freak, to play him in a 34 he could be like a mixure of JJ Watt and Calais Campbell

3 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford (Dennard Robinson, WR Mich)

Chase Thomas is a high effort pass rusher, hes relentless and excels at blitzing.

Robinson has trick play ability but would likely be a return man and he just has a dynamic in the open field that rivals hester or harvin

4 Aaron Murray QB Georgia (Montee Ball RB, Wisc)
    Highest percentage passer in college football, could possibly be a starter one day but is an ideal backup QB. Better than colt mccoy could dream to be, and id take colt mccoy as a backup in a heartbeat.

Ball is a hard runner with terrific vision, i think hes a lot like chester taylor and would immediately be better than redman

5 Jon Bostic MLB Florida

Good MLB of the future, they will likely miss out on teo and skov if they want to target a MLB

just a few guys i like early in the process, im not quite where i usually am as far as grading prospects
    If Wallace isn't resigned then wouldn't WR become a bigger need?......Won't the Steelers get an extra pick if they lose Wallace?.........

But I love the players you listed on that mock Train....I'm with you on Eifert..........

my wide receiver rankings are all over the place at the moment...i was better off leaving it out lol

My Mood
    Mad
    my wide receiver rankings are all over the place at the moment...i was better off leaving it out lol
    Eifert would lessen the need of a WR but I would hate to become the Vikings offense without a legit deep threat....I'm talking while Harvin has been out........

as far as frederick goes, between pouncey, adams, decastro, and gilbert theres a lot of high picks invested in oline....but thats exactly how you build a dominant line. A lot of people might scoff at taking a guard #1 again, but when the oline is blowing entire defensive fronts off the ball there wont be any complaining.

also WR will be a need, but its not like sanders and brown arent good deep threats because they are....its just they arent used that way because it makes more sense to send wallace deep right now. Holmes was a good deep threat, but they let him carve up defenses while nate washinton was asked to stretch the field. I wouldnt want to draft for a deep threat...id take a big, physical possession guy too (like how the bengals drafted sanu)

My Mood
    Mad
    as far as frederick goes, between pouncey, adams, decastro, and gilbert theres a lot of high picks invested in oline....but thats exactly how you build a dominant line. A lot of people might scoff at taking a guard #1 again, but when the oline is blowing entire defensive fronts off the ball there wont be any complaining.

also WR will be a need, but its not like sanders and brown arent good deep threats because they are....its just they arent used that way because it makes more sense to send wallace deep right now. Holmes was a good deep threat, but they let him carve up defenses while nate washinton was asked to stretch the field. I wouldnt want to draft for a deep threat...id take a big, physical possession guy too (like how the bengals drafted sanu)
    I'm all for drafting a big, physical monster at WR as well but those guys are hard to find.....I have always liked tall physical WR's more then shorter WR's.........Really the lack of that big and physical WR is what is keeping this offense from being elite.......I would love for Ben to have a Brandon Marshall right now.......Yea Brown and Sanders can go deep but Brown is best suited how he is used now......My hope is for Manny Sanders but I'm not giving up on Mike Wallace being resigned.......

I would never complain about an OL being drafted if it was best available in the first round its all about value......

Thread Information