Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting S*it off my chest...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Mellow

Getting S*it off my chest...

i'm so sick and f'ing tired of watching this team play down to crappy opponents. this is a staple of the mike tomlin era. yes, tomlin has had a lot of success, lots of wins, but this team plays unfocused, uninspired football when it comes to ****-*** teams. and it's not just once in a while, IT'S ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

lebeau's defense was playing well this year when they were playing press man-to-man coverage. they did not do that today and we went back to giving up 3rd down after 3rd down. why go away from what works?

which leads me to troy. i said he shouldn't start when he got back because the D was playing great without him. troy's time has passed. he's not an asset out there, he's a liability. get will allen back on the field. don't give me the IKE being hurt excuse either. troy is done!

for those of you blasting todd haley, and wanting to crown BA as some super genius, i'll give you the same excuses that BA lovers gave for 5 years: the defense didn't cause enough turnovers...the o-line is terrible...etc... matter of fact, the game haley called today looked exactly like about 25 games that BA called...so if you are saying we shouldn't have let BA go...STFU! Ben was on pace for an MVP season until he got hurt. he was never he close to that with BA...

damn i'm pissed!!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Banned
    Arians is 7-2 with the Colts. Is he better than Haley? No way. Is he a better head coach than Tomlin? that's very possible. Will any offensive coordinator have trouble with this offense for as long as our offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL? Yes.

Polamalu is definitely done. His biggest contribution was completely intimidating QBs with his ball hawking ability. QBs looked for him before they threw it. Those days are over.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i'm so sick and f'ing tired of watching this team play down to crappy opponents. this is a staple of the mike tomlin era. yes, tomlin has had a lot of success, lots of wins, but this team plays unfocused, uninspired football when it comes to ****-*** teams. and it's not just once in a while, IT'S ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

lebeau's defense was playing well this year when they were playing press man-to-man coverage. they did not do that today and we went back to giving up 3rd down after 3rd down. why go away from what works?

which leads me to troy. i said he shouldn't start when he got back because the D was playing great without him. troy's time has passed. he's not an asset out there, he's a liability. get will allen back on the field. don't give me the IKE being hurt excuse either. troy is done!

for those of you blasting todd haley, and wanting to crown BA as some super genius, i'll give you the same excuses that BA lovers gave for 5 years: the defense didn't cause enough turnovers...the o-line is terrible...etc... matter of fact, the game haley called today looked exactly like about 25 games that BA called...so if you are saying we shouldn't have let BA go...STFU! Ben was on pace for an MVP season until he got hurt. he was never he close to that with BA...

damn i'm pissed!!!!
    Maybe we just arent that good? Cinci and baltimore both lost btw.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Starter
    what exactly did troy have to do with the steeler cb's giving up continual third and short almost every time? troy made plays when he had to....what exactly did he do wrong????

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    what exactly did troy have to do with the steeler cb's giving up continual third and short almost every time? troy made plays when he had to....what exactly did he do wrong????
    Troy's coverage was putrid today...along with the rest of the secondary......Troy isn't a difference maker at this point......better get use to it.....

Getting S*it off my chest...

This team was giving up less points with out Troy!

Oline was garbage today!

Ben for the most part was crap and the damn WR's cannot get open!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    nobody played good today, nobody!
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Troy's coverage was putrid today...along with the rest of the secondary......Troy isn't a difference maker at this point......better get use to it.....
    again, the problems were on third and short, and the cb's, NOT TROY, giving up a big cushion and letting them pick up five yards or so....TROY wasnt even in on the coverage, i dont recall one pass play where he was covering that the receiver made an big play or got a first down.....

troy was up at the line a lot, making tackles and etc...he helped break up a pass in the endzone as well while in coverage....

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    His style totally changed the way the entire secondary has to cover. He used to be able to cover up the deficiencies...but he can't anymore. We are better with Allen in there...
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Starter
    curtis brown was toast the whole day....

Thread Information