Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers playoffs scenarios the next 2 weeks just

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Steelers playoffs scenarios the next 2 weeks just

First off, man am I pissed off that we blew a huge huge opportunity to pull within 1 game of the Ravens for 1st place in the division which is really frustrating seeing that we still had a great chance to win the division which is now all but lost after this loss today despite the Ravens loss. With that being said, the Steelers can still get into the playoffs if they finish 9-7 and here are the scenarios.

1. As long as Miami loses today to the 49ers which would put them at 5-8 even if the Steelers lose to Dallas next week and drop to 7-7 because the Bengals lost today and fall to 7-6 as well as long as the Steelers beat them at Heinz Field in 2 weeks and beat the Browns the final week of the season they would be in. Now the Jets come into this conversation now as well seeing that they are now 6-7 and only a game behind the Steelers after their win over the Jags today. The good news with them though is even if they win out and finish at 9-7 the Steelers would still get in over the Jets seeing that they beat them and own the head to head tiebraker.

2. The next scenario is as simple as this win next week at Dallas and then at home against the Bengals the following week and you clinch the 6 seed at 9-6. Even if the Bengals win at Philly this Thursday night and the last week at Baltimore as long as the Steelers beat the Bengals in 2 weeks and win at Dallas next week or against Cleveland the last week of the season they are in it's as simple as that. So why everybody is extremely pissed off about what happened today which everybody very well should be we have seen the Steelers turn things around in a hurry especially when they go on the road and play good teams which is what the Cowboys are I guess you could consider. I expect the Steelers to bounce back in a big way next Sunday and have a huge effort in Dallas and come away with a win. I still believe the Steelers are going to the playoffs and I just told you both scenarios why. Boy did that Dallas win in Cincy today loom large it really gave the Steelers some more margin for error even if they lose next week at Dallas they can still beat the Bengals and Browns at home the last 2 weeks and get in the playoffs as the 6 seed...

Rookie Free Agent
    We are pissed because there is no excuse for this team to come out and lose this very winnable game. The Steelers were unprepared, coaches called idiotic plays, and (it seems, in regards to Mike Wallace's comments this past week) employ some horrible cry babies on the Offensive side of the ball. Young Money? How about do something on the field and gain the respect of your peers before giving yourself a "pet" name? I blame all a lot of the cry baby-ness and lack of taking responsibility on the coaching staff. These guys just aren't that freaking good right now and I for one, don't wnat to see my beloved team get their asses handed to them in the playoffs because they choose to keep a bunch of whiney, immature, "Key" offensive players on their roster. I hope I'm wrong about the playoffs, but judging what i've seen so far this year, I don' think I'm that far off base. We just don't have the players that have that "fire" like the guys of yester-year...sorry to bring up the past...but Damn, dude...I just can't stand the "me" culture of the NFL nowadays..and with the wide receiver corps especially.

Rookie Free Agent
    And I'm only 37, so I only got to see the "glory days" on NFL films, lol..But those guys had guts..

Rookie Free Agent
    I share you optimism of still being able to get to the playoffs but like you already mentioned i think its the opportunity that was blown today and terrible overall performance of the team that sickens the fans like the 24hour flu...well make that the 144hour flu.

Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    Dallas is going to be a tough out, they are still playing hard to try and win the NFC East. Bengals have been playing pretty good as well. Ughhhh, gonna be a tense last 3 games. I could see us beating the Cowboys then losing to the Bengals at home, then beating the Browns last game of the season to finish 9-7. If the Bengals finish 9-7 as well with just another loss to the Ravens, we win the tie breaker right?

Since the head to head games would be split between us and the Bengals, it would come down to AFCN losses I believe. And the Bengals would have 4 of those if they lose to the Ravens last game of the year and we would have 3 losses if we do end up losing to the Bengals.

We might have to actually cheer for the Ravens last game of the year....YUCK!
    Last edited by Steelers/PSU Fan; 12-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Release the Keisel!

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Steelers remaining games.

@Dallas
    cincinnati
    Cleveland

Bengals remaining games

@ philadelphia
    @pittsburgh
    Baltimore

Ravens remaining games

Denver
    NY.Giants
    @cincinnati

probably coming downto the dec.23rd game vs bengals
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    If the Steelers win the next 2 games against the Cowboys and Bengals they will clinch on December 23rd at 9-6. That will put the Bengals at 7 losses and there is no way they could catch the Steelers even if they lose the last game in Cleveland and the Bengals beat the Ravens the last week. The Steelers would still get in because they would have beaten the Bengals twice and own the head to head. The Steelers could get in the way you said by losing to the Bengals and having them lose the last week of the season to Baltimore but you dont want to take those chances. The Steelers MUST beat the Bengals here or they are going to have a hard time getting in the playoffs. And also like I said even if the Jets finish at 9-7 as well since they are 6-7 now as well they would not get the head to head over the Steelers because they beat them. So while the Steelers conference record is horrible at 4-6 at least they have beaten the right teams so far in both the Bengals and the Jets. It is saving their playoff asses at this point and time it truly is...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    43 I don't know if this team can win in Dallas really at this point....Still shocked they won in Baltimore with Batch......the key game to me is still the Bengals game and then beating the Brown in week 17........This team is so frustrating.....

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Two of these teams will be gunning for our *** with more gusto and prep than us. Real tuff stuff comin at us. You really got to believe in miracles at this point.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I am not seriously looking for a playoff berth. This team is currently not playoff caliber.

Thread Information