Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace admits to struggling and loosing focus, blames offensive scheme of Haley

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    He will receive more scrutiny than the other guys simply from his actions - holding out. If Sanders doesn't fumble that pefect pass thrown to himi by Batch, he is STILL running. Brown shouldn't have thrown the ball last week; should have kept it and took a small gain.

All the WR's are screwing up to a degree, but Wallace held out and has underperformed. On the other hand, he goes and makes a play in the Giants game that turned the game in the Steelers favor. As fans, we expect it, but we can't always have it both ways. I agree he opens it up for the other guys to get more involved, which is a plus, but he still has to find a way to get open and be relevant.
    Hey a post about Wallace that makes sense and not just Pure Hate

I agree he has to find a way to get more involved even when they double team him...
    but as far as underachieving not to sure I agree with that so much... I mean he's Statistically our best WR... and he's not the one that got a contract ...

But I agree all the WR need to step it up a little

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Hey a post about Wallace that makes sense and not just Pure Hate

but as far as underachieving not to sure I agree with that so much... I mean he's Statistically our best WR... and he's not the one that got a contract ...
    Heath has 4 more catches, 3 less yards and 1 more TD. I am not sure that you can say statistically he is our best receiver. Also, dont forget, he was offered what Brown took, so dont whine that he doesnt have the contract, he wanted more than 10 million a year.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Funny,

A wide receiver who in camp said his holdout wouldn't hurt his contribution because he'd been studying the offense already and had a playbook. Remember that???

Now....he says because of the offense, he's lost focus?????????????????????

If his *** would have been in camp, maybe he'd be used to how the offense works!!!!

So then you say that ALL the WR's are messing up...but not all of the the WR are asking for number one wide receiver money are they??

So it's okay to want to pay a guy because he draws a double team??? But unlike the real # 1 Wide Receivers around the league, he loses focus and even when FOCUSED, can't produce when double teamed like other number one wide receivers.

He's only statistically our best WR because AB has been hurt. But Wallace is in no way (other then straight line speed) a better wide receiver overall then AB.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    i dont see why the Colts would make the investment considering the young core of receivers they have, and are having success with... I think he ends up in Miami

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Wallace admits to struggling and loosing focus, blames offensive scheme of Haley

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i dont see why the Colts would make the investment considering the young core of receivers they have, and are having success with... I think he ends up in Miami
    BA was the one who got Wallace drafted. He was begging for him in the war room. He would love to have his "toy" back.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

2nd String
    I don't know how to double quote ...

so @ cmerrifield ... yeah I didn't take Heath into consideration ... he's having a great season... I wish they utilized him more... most under rated TE in the league

also how do you know he was offered what Brown took??? ... just wondering ... Also he been producing every year he been in the league, he deserves more then Brown ... just my 2 cents

@ real deal ... well he doesn't have the stature of any of those #1 type guys your referring to... and as i've stated I think Wallace is worth around 6-7 mil a year... He should and will from somebody get @ least around what Desean Jackson got, whatever he got, I'm not to sure...

also I'm not an expert on Stats ... but I'm pretty sure Wallace #'s over his first 3 or 4 yrs are comparable to Fitz ... at least that's what I read before

and No Brown would not have the TD production that Wallace has even if he didn't miss what 2 games... when they were both healthy w/ Ben ... Catches and Yards was about even but TDs Wallace was like 4 or 5 ahead of Brown

2nd String
    I would Hate to see us lose Wallace ... As i said I just want the WR core together for the long haul

but Wallace end up on the Redskins ... Garcon and Wallace and the way RGIII throws the deep ball ... woooaaa

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    WAIT!!! I MADE EVERYBODY DO A DOUBLE TAKE!!! NOOOOOO WAY HE CAUGHT THAT!!!!!

I'm still team Wallace
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Wallace admits to struggling and loosing focus, blames offensive scheme of Haley

It was posted by several Pittsburgh reports, Ed and others that there was a 5 year 50 million dollar deal on the table when the hold out started and they took it off the table when he didn't show. I am assuming they were right because it wasn't LaCanfora

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    This was a great Defense of a play ... not so much a drop ... The defense wins too sometimes ...

personally he should of thrown the ball to that looks like Heath... looks to be open coming out in the flat for a first... maybe he gets tackled before the Line but I trust heath to get that First
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-07-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Thread Information