Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: REPORT: ROGER GOODELL CONSIDERING REPLACING KICKOFFS

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

REPORT: ROGER GOODELL CONSIDERING REPLACING KICKOFFS

Seriously, if they don't want to play football just shut down. It's a shame the younger generation will never know what real football was like.

It's no secret that the NFL is attempting to limit high-speed collisions, especially as they pertain to kickoffs.
    Sean Gregory of TIME Magazine indicates in this week's cover story that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is floating the idea that instead of kickoffs, the kicking team would be given the ball at its own 30-yard line with a 4th-and-15 situation.
    Essentially, this is an effort to give the "kicking" team a way to retain possession as the onside kick currently does.
    I'm not sure whether to call this blasphemy or innovation. The onside kick, ironically, is one of the few things keeping kickoffs in the game. By giving the "kicking" team the ball with a 4th-and-15 situation, the onside kick would become obsolete.
    Unlike most ideas to eliminate the kickoff, I'm willing to play the wait-and-see game with this proposal. The one major criticism that I have is that it should be more like 4th-and-20, making it more difficult to go for the first down. The innovation would also make end-of-the-game scenarios far more interesting than the onside kick ever did.
    Don't look for the kickoff to vanish in the next year, but this could be a viable replacement to the kickoff, and I'm willing to consider it seriously.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...._punt/12377044
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted
    Saw this as well. We all know this guy is a joke. If he wanted or cared about player safety every stadium would be real grass. The astro-turf (or whatever its called these days) is as much to blame as anything.

Oh wait, we must have pretty green fields for the TV audience.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    How is this Doof allowed to continue. Let's get ready to "play Nerfball".
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 12-07-2012 at 10:40 AM.

And their fans.

do you have any idea how money roethlisberger would be on a 4th and 15 instead of an onside kick? that **** would be unfair when it comes to a hand full of QBs

My Mood
    Addicted
    goodell needs to die
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

REPORT: ROGER GOODELL CONSIDERING REPLACING KICKOFFS

Here's what the NFL is turning into:Attachment 1356
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    Why doesn't he just have the captains meet at midfield and play madden on the jumbotron?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Manic
    you can blame Tampa coach Greg Sciano for pushing this idea to goodell this won't solve anything it's a back door attempt to get to an 18 game schedule ya know the game is safer now so we can play 18 games it's all bullshit if they really care they need to put pressure on the ncaa to limit head collisions at the college level this would bring down the overall number of head blows aplayer has in his career if you can limit pop warner and high school you can limit college the studies show the most head trauma is caused by hits taken in practice so limit the amount of hitting in practice and you have solved much of the problem

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    goodell needs to die
    Goodall is the Anti-Christ of football. This sissy is trying his best to make the NFL into Arena Football.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    If this happens, it will change how teams draft players and develop potential starters from a so called special teams player.

Thread Information