Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Plaxico?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok I agree you can question Wallace's effort lately but him not jumping for that over thrown ball in the end zone....Come on that is just ridiculous......lol

My Mood
    Mad
    At least Wallace admitted that he hasn't been focusing lately......People seem to forget he made some big catches late in that game as well...one on a 3rd and 7 to keep the chains moving........

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok I agree you can question Wallace's effort lately but him not jumping for that over thrown ball in the end zone....Come on that is just ridiculous......lol
    Why would that be ridiculous? Give it a try Wallace, your attitude sucks.

Whether he likes it or not, he is paid over 2 million dollars to play a game. Anyone in here make that much?
    Last edited by ChucktownSteeler; 12-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

Whether he likes it or not, he is paid over 2 million dollars to play a game. Anyone in here make that much?
    like I said ridiculous......You guys are just looking for every reason to bash the guy now.......Of course nobody makes that much and its even more ridiculous to compare us to pro athletes....

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

k I'm all for pointing out mistakes but this is a terrible argument. The ball was 20 yards over his head, it almost went in the stands, he would have looked like an idiot to try and jump to catch it. Like B&G said now you're just looking for reasons to bash him.

Quote Originally Posted by terrible.towel43 View Post
    k I'm all for pointing out mistakes but this is a terrible argument. The ball was 20 yards over his head, it almost went in the stands, he would have looked like an idiot to try and jump to catch it. Like B&G said now you're just looking for reasons to bash him.
    Exactly. And look, I know that Wallace's focus and effort have been less than ideal to say the least these last few games, but most are forgetting that he was putting together a pretty decent season before Ben got injured. Especially when you factor in the fact that they've rarely used the deep ball. I understand a lot of the Wallace criticism, obviously, but it's getting to the point where anything positive about him is being completely ignored (his decent season before Ben went out, his 3 catches including 2 big first downs on the game winning drive against Baltimore) while the negatives are being amplified.

Again, he deserves criticism, but let's not pretend that his production hasn't fallen off the past 4 weeks in large part due to Ben being out. Larry Fitzgerald is without a doubt a top 3 receiver in this league, and a surefire Hall of Famer. And don't think I'm trying to compare Wallace to Fitz. Everyone knows that Wallace isn't near the receiver Fitz is. But don't you think Fitz' lack of production this season (and the last few games particularly) has something to do with the completely laughable QB play in Arizona? The last 3 games he's had a total 5 catches on 26 targets for a total of 65 yards and 0 TDs. He's also had games of 1 catch on 5 targets for 4 yards and 0 TDs, and 4 catches on 7 targets for 29 yards and 0 TDs. With how great Fitz is, isn't it more than likely that he isn't completely to blame for his lack of production? Again, Wallace is no Fitz and hes had problems focusing... But acting like the putrid QB play from Leftwich (KC and Baltimore) and Batch (Cleveland, wide open miss for a TD in Baltimore) had nothing to do with Wallace's drop in production is ridiculous and just blind hatred of the man.

My Mood
    Mad
    I'm glad Wallace admitted it has been lack of focus....At least he came clean about it and if the Steelers make the post-season then he will have the chance to further redeem himself....I know I will be cheering for Wallace to have a monster post-season.....

I'm glad Wallace admitted it has been lack of focus....At least he came clean about it and if the Steelers make the post-season then he will have the chance to further redeem himself....I know I will be cheering for Wallace to have a monster post-season.....
    I feel the exact same way...

I know I will be cheering for Wallace to have a monster post-season.....
    I'm secretly hoping this too, kind of like Holmes' 2008 post season surge. Any Steelers fan has to hope that Wallace turns things around this year, just not sure it will happen. I've been very disappointed in him thus far, but hopefully he gets his sh*t together. I've been pretty hard on him, but he's earned it with his play this year. I'll gladly eat crow, hand over hand, if we win a Super Bowl and he's a big part of it.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    I'm secretly hoping this too, kind of like Holmes' 2008 post season surge. Any Steelers fan has to hope that Wallace turns things around this year, just not sure it will happen. I've been very disappointed in him thus far, but hopefully he gets his sh*t together. I've been pretty hard on him, but he's earned it with his play this year. I'll gladly eat crow, hand over hand, if we win a Super Bowl and he's a big part of it.
    Its your right of a fan to be critical of any player....What drives me nuts is when Wallace does something wrong he is the antichrist then when AB drops a pass or fumbles the ball there is barely a peep....lol Plus some questioned Mike Wallace as a number 1 WR but they think AB is.........AB will never be a number 1 WR but he is a damn good number 2..........I'm not saying Mike Wallace is a true number 1 WR but he is more then AB......30 career receiving TD's in almost 4 full seasons is pretty damn good.......

I havn't been a fan of Mike's effort of late either but when a player has outplayed his rookie contract and he doesn't have a long term deal locked then its hard for a player to really give it his all.........The Steelers knew he wasn't going to be easy to resign so I do think they mishandled the Wallace situation.......

Thread Information