Thread: Concerns about the Chargers, offense and defense

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    we will lose this game i predict.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Chargers can hang with the Steelers if they are not careful but since this game is at Heinz Field and it's a 1 o clock game on the East Coast I think the Steelers defense will be able to pressure Rivers a lot and not allow a lot of points and big plays in this game. I think the Steelers win something like 27-10...
    OK I'm going with you, Troyisabeast, as you were one of the very few to accurately predict the win in Baltimore. I like your "glass half full" approach.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Looking at the rankings, Steelers definitely have to attack the Chargers secondary. They are going to sell out to stop the run and Ben will be able to exploit that for some big plays down field.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Norv is a lame duck coach at this point.......
    Cornfirmed...

Sources said this week that Chargers President Dean Spanos essentially decided at least a month ago that Turnerís time was drawing to a rapid close. Spanos, sources said, has more recently resigned himself to the fact that Smith canít be kept in the current environment of plummeting performance and fan unrest.
    http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/06/ch...rner-aj-smith/

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Here's what we need to do in a nutshell:

Defensively:Take away the run game, and keep them in 3rd and 7, 3rd and 8 situations. Rivers will do the rest by turning the ball over. But we can't let Matthews get going.

Offensively: Use Miller. Chargers don't cover the TE well and Miller should be able to do damage. By establishing Miller, we will then have a lot of 2nd and 2 situations. Dwyer can be used to pick up that first down then.

Those are the basics of what we need to do to win the game. Everything else will spin off of those basics.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    If the steelers come focused to play like they did vs the ravens, and don't play down to their competition like the chiefs and browns then this game should be a cake walk.

Every time I think the steelers have learned their lesson not to take a lesser team lightly they show up like they did against KC the last 2 seasons. I guess we should expect that again. Nail biter all the way!
    Nope, didn't learn their lesson!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    Nope, didn't learn their lesson!
    I blame Tomlin really.......Tomlin and LeBeau were owned by Norv Turner today.......A puzzlement the Chargers remain......Norv waits until his team is completely out of it to coach to win....lol While he crapped the bed vs the Ravens and Bengals in back to back weeks.....

My Mood
    Mellow
    Without question you gotta blame tomlin!!! How does this team routinely get plunked by bad teams!
    To start the day...
    Titans 4-8
    Brown 4-8
    Raiders 3-9
    SD 4-8
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information