Defense: Overall 9th
    Run: 6th
    Pass: 21st

Offense: Overall 26th
    Run: 26th
    Pass: 18th

Rivers: 18 TD's 15 INT's 2,969 yds.
    Ryan Matthews: 620 yds rushing on the season, 4.0 average, 1 TD
    Malcom Floyd: 765 yds receiving, 15.0 average, 4 TD's.

Obviously their defense has been playing well, especially against the run. Our makeshift OL will have to be ready because they'll be stacking the line to stop the run no matter which QB is in there for us.

If Dwyer and Redman can get going, they can wear down the defense in the 2nd half, like last week.

Their last 3 games have been decided by 7 points or less. Based on their schedule, when they win they blow out teams but when they lose it's close in the 4th quarter.

Don't sleep on this team, not after losing to TN, Oak, and Cle this season.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Chargers are on the verge of mailing it in and Norv is a lame duck coach at this point.......Plus they have to travel cross country and their OL is really banged up......But the Chargers defense could keep them in the game so the Steelers offense better execute and not turn the ball over to keep the Chargers in the game......

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Chargers can hang with the Steelers if they are not careful but since this game is at Heinz Field and it's a 1 o clock game on the East Coast I think the Steelers defense will be able to pressure Rivers a lot and not allow a lot of points and big plays in this game. I think the Steelers win something like 27-10...

Concerns about the Chargers, offense and defense

This game won't be a cake walk!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    This game won't be a cake walk!!
    I don't know....The Chargers were working out OL off the street....lol I think three starters might be out this week for them......Rivers is going to get his *** kicked....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Chargers can hang with the Steelers if they are not careful but since this game is at Heinz Field and it's a 1 o clock game on the East Coast I think the Steelers defense will be able to pressure Rivers a lot and not allow a lot of points and big plays in this game. I think the Steelers win something like 27-10...
    From your lips to God's ears. My concern is unless SD completely mailed it in for the season, this will be a tough game for the Steelers. Looking at the weather, calling for mild temps with rain. I've always been a person who thinks weather is a neutralizer and actually helps close the gap between a good team and a bad team.

Steelers need to have a zero turnover performance to win. They don't necessarily need to have any takeaways, but they can't have any giveaways. I am thinking the Steelers win, somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-14, but the game is played much closer than that.

Concerns about the Chargers, offense and defense

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I don't know....The Chargers were working out OL off the street....lol I think three starters might be out this week for them......Rivers is going to get his *** kicked....lol
    Something about them scares me a bit! I do like the thought of crushing Rivers though! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

They have an opportunistic defense and I think we're all concerned what will happen if/when Ben gets sacked or hit for the first time. Rivers has been sacked 36 times this year and with their issues up front, LeBeau had better make Rivers his whipping boy. As long as the secondary can provide some coverage on Floyd, Gates, and the LB's can handle Matthews, I say Rivers could be in trouble.

My Mood
    Mellow
    If the steelers come focused to play like they did vs the ravens, and don't play down to their competition like the chiefs and browns then this game should be a cake walk.

Every time I think the steelers have learned their lesson not to take a lesser team lightly they show up like they did against KC the last 2 seasons. I guess we should expect that again. Nail biter all the way!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Mad
    Well there is sad news in the Rooney family.......Dan's daughter Rita, passed away at the age of 54.....Read it on facebook and don't have a link......The Steelers I'm sure will want to go out and win one for the Rooney family in their time of loss.....

Thread Information