Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: CHEAP POWERBACK

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel-x View Post
    You can not compare this at all. Because look at what Ron Dayne did it Den then yeah nothing after leaving or Mike Anderson um yeah nothing or Reuben Droughns um yeah nothing. Besides Mike Bell was not that great. Denver runs a system that I could run through and if you have seen me thats not saying much
    i wanted bell prior to him going undrafted, he had decent scouting reports, they said the kid has wiggle, he could make someone miss in a phone booth, not saying he can, just saying humes sucks

although humes>duce

I dont think we need a power back. I do think that we do need a good back up running back to fill in for willie. I saw alot in this thread about willie having a couple big games. But at the same time if willie was getting shutdown early in the game, whisenhunt would go away from the running game and get pass happy.

Yeah we need a power back. We need one to be a change of pace from Willie. That combination of Willie's speed and Bettis's power was unstopable last year.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Gold Standard

We do need a power back

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Yeah we need a power back. We need one to be a change of pace from Willie. That combination of Willie's speed and Bettis's power was unstopable last year.

Almost all of the teams including San Diego who has a pretty decent back named Tomlinson, used another back to spell their star (Michael Turner). We do need another back to help share the running load with Willie. And IMO if you are going to go with a 2 back system then I think it is advantageous to give defenses different styles of runners to worry about. A speedy back with a power back could give defenses fits! I would love to see Tony Hunt or Michael Bush selected in the 2nd or 3rd round! After we take Okoye in the 1st!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post

Almost all of the teams including San Diego who has a pretty decent back named Tomlinson, used another back to spell their star (Michael Turner). We do need another back to help share the running load with Willie. And IMO if you are going to go with a 2 back system then I think it is advantageous to give defenses different styles of runners to worry about. A speedy back with a power back could give defenses fits! I would love to see Tony Hunt or Michael Bush selected in the 2nd or 3rd round! After we take Okoye in the 1st!

me too, I think people have concerns about bushs leg. It's really not a concern of mine. Look at mcgahee, people thought he was done after he tore his knee up. I think mcgahee is one of the best backs in the nfl.

Bush's leg is fine, he had a clean break of his tibia, its not like he shredded his knee and had hours of reconstructed surgery

Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    Bush's leg is fine, he had a clean break of his tibia, its not like he shredded his knee and had hours of reconstructed surgery
    i'm excited to watch him in the combine. I think he is thought to go in the second round. But a good combine could bring him into the first.

Thread Information