Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Troy's first game back

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    It doesn't dominate to that level. Are you telling me that some people on this forum don't like Troy? Does that mean Rod Woodson sucked after he blew out his knee in 1995? Gotcha. Troy has a year or so of "sucking" built up before I have any problems with him.
    The "what have you done for me lately" mentality is rampant in sports. In all levels of athletics: owners, coaches, fans, etc. It's pretty much human nature. We (fans, coaches, etc) want the best, all the time.

Anyway, I love Troy (why do you think I have the 43 in my name, lol) but I understand why some people may not. They may not like his play style, think he is overrated, whatever. It's all good. This is an internet forum for Steelers fans...just because we don't all agree on something (especially players!) doesn't make anyone's opinion invalid or make them any less of a Steelers fan. Everyone has their own opinion, to me that's what makes this forum special. People argue, butt heads, and disagree, but the love of this team is what brings us all together...and it's great! Everyone here is awesome, yes even Flame. I just felt like maybe you had the wrong impression of this forum.

Oh yeah,
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    When I started dissing Troy is back in 2007 when I read on another Steelers forum that some fans thought he was the best player in the NFL....Not best defensive player but the best player.....Plus he is one of those players that Stiller Nation will never bash or be critical of which also drives me nuts....lol I mean there is some fans that still hate Ben and I understand Ben did himself no favors with some fans due to his off the field issues......So yea I'm going to stir the pot at times and knock one of the so called Untouchables (Troy Polamalu)..........

As for me defending Mike Wallace but lately I havn't been since I can't even defend him right now......But I didn't care about his hold out since even Hines Ward held out.....Another thing that drives me nuts about Stiller Nation....It was alright that Ward held out but Mike Wallace is the anti-christ for doing so.......Just like its ok for AB to make a mistake but not Mike Wallace.....AB has dropped passes, fumbled against the Raiders, threw an INT against the Ravens but that is ok......Most in Stiller Nation want to tar and feather Wallace when he drops a pass or fumbles the ball.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Most in Stiller Nation want to tar and feather Wallace when he drops a pass or fumbles the ball.....
    I do this too, and I defend AB! Lol, I don't know why really. I guess it comes down to attitudes for me. Wallace seems cocky and kind of selfish or self-centered, where AB has that positive attitude and seems like a team player. Kind of like Ward, who I loved. Maybe that makes him easier to forgive...? I don't know, but I fall into that category you mentioned, and I don't even mean to.

This year Wallace's effort is the main thing driving me nuts. He seems to have given up or something. He's out there playing with no drive or heart, it's very frustrating. He's having a solid season stat wise, but imagine the numbers he could put up if he'd go all out, every play.
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 12-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    it was nice to see him stick his nose in on a few plays

it was nicer to see him finish the game
    THIS^^^^^^^

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    I do this too, and I defend AB! Lol, I don't know why really. I guess it comes down to attitudes for me. Wallace seems cocky and kind of selfish or self-centered, where AB has that positive attitude and seems like a team player. Kind of like Ward, who I loved. Maybe that makes him easier to forgive...? I don't know, but I fall into that category you mentioned, and I don't even mean to.

This year Wallace's effort is the main thing driving me nuts. He seems to have given up or something. He's out there playing with no drive or heart, it's very frustrating. He's having a solid season stat wise, but imagine the numbers he could put up if he'd go all out, every play.
    I know its one play and I get what you are saying about Wallace but Wallace would have been crucified for this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-s-Xb28t7Js...00/gggg1-1.gif
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent
    I think dissing players because they are overrated is rediculous. Why complain about one of "our" players for something they have absolutely no control over? I don't get it. I think no player is untouchable, but come on, Troy has probably shortened his life by years trying to be the best Steeler he could possibly be. Some people on this board are way too critical.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    I think dissing players because they are overrated is rediculous. Why complain about one of "our" players for something they have absolutely no control over? I don't get it. I think no player is untouchable, but come on, Troy has probably shortened his life by years trying to be the best Steeler he could possibly be. Some people on this board are way too critical.
    What he said. ^

It was not all Steeler fans that voted him DPOY a couple of years ago and it is not Troy's fault if people were calling him the best ever.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I know its one play and I get what you are saying about Wallace but Wallace would have been crucified for this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-s-Xb28t7Js...00/gggg1-1.gif
    I was pretty mad about that and vocalized it on the forum. But yes, had Wallace done that same thing, there would have been a sh*t storm.

Rookie Free Agent

Troy's first game back

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    When I started dissing Troy is back in 2007 when I read on another Steelers forum that some fans thought he was the best player in the NFL....Not best defensive player but the best player.....Plus he is one of those players that Stiller Nation will never bash or be critical of which also drives me nuts....lol I mean there is some fans that still hate Ben and I understand Ben did himself no favors with some fans due to his off the field issues......So yea I'm going to stir the pot at times and knock one of the so called Untouchables (Troy Polamalu)..........

As for me defending Mike Wallace but lately I havn't been since I can't even defend him right now......But I didn't care about his hold out since even Hines Ward held out.....Another thing that drives me nuts about Stiller Nation....It was alright that Ward held out but Mike Wallace is the anti-christ for doing so.......Just like its ok for AB to make a mistake but not Mike Wallace.....AB has dropped passes, fumbled against the Raiders, threw an INT against the Ravens but that is ok......Most in Stiller Nation want to tar and feather Wallace when he drops a pass or fumbles the ball.....
    So since 2007 Troy has done nothing to change your opinion (based on other's opinions)...

Troy was not ours to enjoy over those years....but he's liked or loved by everyone who doesn't hate the Steelers. He's incredibly polished and well-spoken off the field and he's a fearless crazy guy on the field that is seemingly everywhere.

Similar would be Colts fans not on board with Manning when he was there...or Saints fans against Brees. Oilers/Titans against Eddie George.

Not sure why even bother being a fan. To have a great player on your team that other teams fans love.....that's something to relish.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    The "what have you done for me lately" mentality is rampant in sports. In all levels of athletics: owners, coaches, fans, etc. It's pretty much human nature. We (fans, coaches, etc) want the best, all the time.

Anyway, I love Troy (why do you think I have the 43 in my name, lol) but I understand why some people may not. They may not like his play style, think he is overrated, whatever. It's all good. This is an internet forum for Steelers fans...just because we don't all agree on something (especially players!) doesn't make anyone's opinion invalid or make them any less of a Steelers fan. Everyone has their own opinion, to me that's what makes this forum special. People argue, butt heads, and disagree, but the love of this team is what brings us all together...and it's great! Everyone here is awesome, yes even Flame. I just felt like maybe you had the wrong impression of this forum.

Oh yeah,
    This made me laugh...but I have to agree. It's the team that pulls us together. I rarely post, so maybe I should not let some comments get to me and remember that it's just a forum and not personal. So, with that, I apologize for getting my jock in a knot occasionally. Go Steelers

Thread Information