Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy's first game back

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'd like for Troy to pace himself. He doesn't need to go launching his body at anyone or anything like that this week against Chargers. The Chargers will implode on their own. If he just plays sound football, Rivers will find the safties and cornerbacks the way he usually does.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rivers has been sacked 36 times this season; an average of 3 per game. If the Steelers pressure him, he will get antsy and throw off his back foot which means the potential for turnovers - if our secondary actually catches the ball....

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Rivers has been sacked 36 times this season; an average of 3 per game. If the Steelers pressure him, he will get antsy and throw off his back foot which means the potential for turnovers - if our secondary actually catches the ball....
    This! they have had numerous dropped INTs and has been an issue for a while now

My Mood
    Addicted
    Time will tell.

Troy being Troy....all the haters can take a hike!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I have to respond and I just can't help it....When Troy makes an INT or a strip sack then or makes some kind of impact this year then brag all you want....Him flying around and not doing anything doesn't impress me....I know some of you are so pumped to see his hair just flying around again........

Veteran
    Clearly he sucks now and Ryan Mundy should start over him. In fact, he should be on the practice squad far down the depth chart behind Ryan Mundy, Will Allen, and some guy named Spork to catches the footballs on the kicking practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I have to respond and I just can't help it....When Troy makes an INT or a strip sack then or makes some kind of impact this year then brag all you want....Him flying around and not doing anything doesn't impress me....I know some of you are so pumped to see his hair just flying around again........
    Haha, I love it. Troy is one of my favorite players, but I totally get what you mean. Sometimes I feel the same way with Woodley.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    lol. So glad to see you respond like this. After you championed Mike Wallace like he was the best thing since sliced bread he fell completely flat. Now that you are dissing Troy, he is destined to return to the beast-like form he is known for. Thank you.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Let us not forget the intangibles Troy brings. Opposing OCs have to gameplan for this guy. You cannot underestimate the value of having offenses spend so much time each week trying to figure out how to keep him out of the backfield. In a nutshell, he creates opportunities for others as well when healthy (admittedly very rare lately).
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information