Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Possibilities

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Playoff Possibilities

After looking at the playoff picture it looks like we could have a decent chance of winning the division. Winning out would give us an 11-5 record and the Ravens still have to play @Redskins, Broncos, Giants, @Bengals. If the ravens were to lose 3 of these games which is very possible, especially with "t-sizzle" likely out with a torn bicep, we would have the divison. This could be huge because it would eliminate the possibility of having to go to Denver during Wildcard weekend. If the Ravens do win two of those games then we would be fightin the 5th or 6th seed. Most likely Denver will be in the 3 spot as they play raiders, ravens, browns and cheifs, so I see Peyton winning out. Indy plays the texans twice so it is very possible that both of these are losses. Us winning out is crucial to not having to go to Denver, which I think is our demise. It is also possible that the patriots end up in the 3 seed since they play both the texans and the 49ers. Truthfully, I think our best chance to win is to play the ravens or the colts. Winning out is extremely important for this team to either get the 4 or 5 seed.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I think it's just important they get in the playoffs at this point and if the Steelers end up winning the division or getting a higher seed then great. I am with you that I do not want to see the Steelers have to go play Denver right away because it will mean no Ryan Clark and that will not be good. I agree and I have been saying this for a few days now about this division race not being over yet looking at the Ravens schedule. Their game with the Redskins on Sunday in DC just got a lot tougher seeing that they beat the Giants last night and are right in the thick of the division race. I think if the Ravens lose this week to the Skins and the Steelers beat the Chargers this division race is anybody's going into the last 3 games. The Ravens I think are going to have a very tough time beating the Skins,Broncos and Giants back to back weeks. It could very well come down to that last game with the Bengals and the Ravens in Cincy to determine if the Steelers are going to be a wildcard or still have a shot to win the North. It could be a win win situation for them...

I said 10-6 at the beg of the season and Im sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I said 10-6 at the beg of the season and Im sticking to it.
    I think we can certainly win out, but I could see us dropping one to the Cowgirls or Bungles.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jcloss23 View Post
    After looking at the playoff picture it looks like we could have a decent chance of winning the division. Winning out would give us an 11-5 record and the Ravens still have to play @Redskins, Broncos, Giants, @Bengals. If the ravens were to lose 3 of these games which is very possible, especially with "t-sizzle" likely out with a torn bicep, we would have the divison. This could be huge because it would eliminate the possibility of having to go to Denver during Wildcard weekend. If the Ravens do win two of those games then we would be fightin the 5th or 6th seed. Most likely Denver will be in the 3 spot as they play raiders, ravens, browns and cheifs, so I see Peyton winning out. Indy plays the texans twice so it is very possible that both of these are losses. Us winning out is crucial to not having to go to Denver, which I think is our demise. It is also possible that the patriots end up in the 3 seed since they play both the texans and the 49ers. Truthfully, I think our best chance to win is to play the ravens or the colts. Winning out is extremely important for this team to either get the 4 or 5 seed.
    ...you're not Troyisabeast. What the **** are you thinking posting this ****?

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+
    I don't care about seeding...As long as the Steelers get into the playoffs relatively healthy...That's what really matters. The Steelers can beat up on any team in the league regardless of venue. They've done it before.
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    lol...Its all good I will definitely begin and in fact have already started my playoff seeding and scenario breakdowns pretty much on Sunday's as far the wildcard picture and the division title goes. The Steelers with a win this week over the Chargers and with teams such as Miami,Buffalo,and the Jets losing this week pretty much will only need to worry about beating out the Bengals to get that 6th spot which is most likely going to be the case anyway. Even if the Jets and Bills win this week and both get to 6-7 and Miami should win which I dont think they will seeing they play in San Fran which should drop them to 5-8 none of those teams have really any shot to catch the Steelers as long as the Steelers get to 9 wins. Which means it pretty much is going to come down to that Bengals game here on December 23rd which I would definitely be expecting to get flexed to either 4:25 or possibly a Sunday night game which we should find out for sure sometime next week if it will or not...

Quote Originally Posted by City of Champyinz View Post
    I don't care about seeding...As long as the Steelers get into the playoffs relatively healthy...That's what really matters. The Steelers can beat up on any team in the league regardless of venue. They've done it before.
    Agreed. The only significance of a division championship is if you win your division as a #1 or #2 seed and secure a bye in the 1st round. Just make the playoffs and go from there. 1st round bye is n guarantee of advancement to the SB so for me, just just make it and do it. Steelers can afford to go 3-1 in their last 4 games and make the playoffs, but I'd rather run the table and go in with some momentum.

Rookie Free Agent

Playoff Possibilities

I'm comfortable with every single possible playoff matchup except for 1

@ Denver

And it's a reasonable prediction for a first round matchup.

Thread Information