Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many yards could Willie rush for if the O-line starts blocking on the road?

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

How many yards could Willie rush for if the O-line starts blocking on the road?

Almost all of Willie's yards last year came at home. What if our O-line actually comes to play next year with an attitude and starts run blocking like they did 2 years ago in our 15-1 season? How many yards could he gain? Ladanian who? With Willies speed I believe he could bust out a 2,000 yard season with not much more effort than he gave last year!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't know, he was pretty much the same in 2005 when we had a good oline....he just doesn't do good against good defenses.....he racks up all his yards against the ****** teams and then disappears when we play decent teams....... 2 years straight of that.......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Gold Standard

That was his rookie year and he didn't play that much!

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i don't know, he was pretty much the same in 2005 when we had a good oline....he just doesn't do good against good defenses.....he racks up all his yards against the ****** teams and then disappears when we play decent teams....... 2 years straight of that.......
    Last year was really his first year as the featured back. The year before was Jeromes last dominant year and Willie just came in to spell Jerome.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

I could see him getting over 1700 just because to break that 200 mark you need to be on your game week in and week out and that is tough to do over the course of the season.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    2004 willie didn't really ever play, only had that one great game against the bills wish showed us his potential

2005 was willies first year and he did good against the weaker teams and did bad against the good teams

i figured it was his first year as a starter, things will change

then if not for a 75 yard dash in the superbowl he stinks up the place

2006, his second year, he was the same, great against the crappy teams didn't show up against the good teans

btw, i like willie a lot, don't think i'm just talking ****

Would be GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Almost all of Willie's yards last year came at home. What if our O-line actually comes to play next year with an attitude and starts run blocking like they did 2 years ago in our 15-1 season? How many yards could he gain? Ladanian who? With Willies speed I believe he could bust out a 2,000 yard season with not much more effort than he gave last year!

If willie could break the rushing record He could be another ladian if they would utilize him the way Marty does for Tomlinson !
    I'd just like to see Fast willie get at least some more screens,,,,He's a beast in the open field

Gold Standard

All I know is I don't see our O-line blowing open running lanes between the tackles!

When I watch some of the other premier runners like LT or LJ I see huge running lanes being created between the tackles. What I see for Willie is a whole lot of lineman stacked up where the hole was supposed to be. Our line was not run blocking the way they have in past years! IMO

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't think willie's name can be mentioned in the same sentence as lt lol..... even when the chargers sucked *** lt was still putting up great numbers.......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Definitely need the OL to be mean and nasty again, once that happens theres no stopping Willie P.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    Dude, give the guy a chance. 2005 he was new and really was just running around every week trying to break tackles and bounced nearly everything to the outside, now last year with a crappy OL he plays even better and learns to set up his blocks more and ride harder up the middle, so just think what he'll do with guys that actually block for him for 16 games !

Thread Information