Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you like "the old man" now?

Bookmark and Share

How do you like "the old man" now?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Yes, really. Giving the credit to the DB coach instead of LeBeau is like giving credit to the WR coach instead of Haley. The Team is #1 in OVERALL defense. 1st against the pass and 5th against the rush. Obviously, it's not just the DB coach.
    We all ready have a thread sucking the *** of Batch we don't need another one like it, give it a rest and try being a little more original!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I'm not quick to credit Lake though. He has also done a good job, but these DB's catch like they're wearing oven mitts. They have to get their heads turned around sooner and look for the ball sooner so they can make a play. Steelers have had plenty of INT chances, but it seems like the defenders are a second late looking for the ball - especially on fade routes.
    100% agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We all ready have a thread sucking the *** of Batch we don't need another one like it, give it a rest and try being a little more original!
    There's either going to be a thread "sucking ***," or there's going to be a thread "whining and hating." That's 90% of what exists on a sports forum. For someone who's been here for 8 years, you would think you would know and accept that by now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    And Lake deserves no credit, and has nothing to with, the improved secondary play....gotcha.
    I agree that LeBeau has been awesome, never said he wasn't. It was just dumb of you to say that Carnell Lake deserves as much credit as a water boy, that's all.
    I'm not going to praise Lake for not having to coach Taylor and Gay. That's dumb. The DB personnel simply improved. Why would I give credit to the DB coach? It's not like he took players that used to suck and made them good.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I'm not going to praise Lake for not having to coach Taylor and Gay. That's dumb. The DB personnel simply improved. Why would I give credit to the DB coach? It's not like he took players that used to suck and made them good.
    Well, the secondary, which previously made many of us pull our hair out, is now a serious strength on the defense. So yeah, agree to disagree. I've been to Latrobe the last two years, and I like what I see from Lake. Everything from work ethic, to his interactions with the players, is great.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

The lack of takeaways or "splash plays" concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    The lack of takeaways or "splash plays" concerns me.
    We were spoiled with Harrison and Troy in their prime.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    We were spoiled with Harrison and Troy in their prime.
    Sometimes the only way you can stop a team's passing game is by intercepting the few mistakes the QB makes. There are certain passing offenses that can't be stopped otherwise the majority of the time. Throw in the fact that the refs call pass-happy games during the post-season and basically you need to take the ball away because playing "good" defense in the secondary will only result in BS yellow flags.

i love lake and what hes done with the DBs but i have never had a problem with lebeau....every coach can get out coached, but you dont see a lebeau defense down for a long stretch

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i love lake and what hes done with the DBs but i have never had a problem with lebeau....every coach can get out coached, but you dont see a lebeau defense down for a long stretch
    I think they are playing significantly more M2M and Press since Tennessee... and I'm inclined to believe it's at Tomlin's insistence.

How do you like "the old man" now?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I think they are playing significantly more M2M and Press since Tennessee... and I'm inclined to believe it's at Tomlin's insistence.
    Do you guys think the M2M could be a Tomlin touch??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information