Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Should Steelers Rest Ben, Start Batch vs. Reeling Chargers?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I think Ben is going to play this week. Tomlin just said at his news conference an hour ago that he looks good and is going to throw tomorrow. All signs point to Ben being ready to go on Sunday which should definitely increase our chances of winning even that much more. The Chargers are not a very good team and there is no reason what so ever that the Steelers should not win this game if they play like they are capable of...

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Yes, Ben should start.
    Only if he is 100%. He should be on ready standby in case the game calls for him versus Charlie.

We need Ben healthy for the playoffs.
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm firmly content with Batch starting this week, same as I was the week before and going into the Cleveland game. He'll make his share of mistakes but the defense is playing well and the run game is good enough to help carry them through the mistakes that Batch will make from time to time.

Ben was nowhere close to playing last week now he's questionable for this week. I'm perfectly fine with sitting him for another week if he needs it. So long as he comes back during the season at some point to shake off the rust before the playoffs.

My Mood
    Manic
    If Ben is ready play him

My Mood
    Mellow
    If BR7 is ready he needs to play.....PERIOD......the Steelers won last week in spite of Batch, he made way more mistakes than good plays........Steelers need to win out the best chance of that is with BR7.......everybody is overlooking the Chargers....people forget the Raiders,Titans and Browns games...no team is a pushover in the NFL and the Steelers aren't going to win with Batch.....the best player named Batch on the team is Barron....lol....

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    If BR7 is ready he needs to play.....PERIOD......the Steelers won last week in spite of Batch, he made way more mistakes than good plays........Steelers need to win out the best chance of that is with BR7.......everybody is overlooking the Chargers....people forget the Raiders,Titans and Browns games...no team is a pushover in the NFL and the Steelers aren't going to win with Batch.....the best player named Batch on the team is Barron....lol....
    Er, pretty sure Baron was cut a couple of weeks ago. And double er, in case u haven't heard, Steelers just won with Batch at the helm.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 12-04-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    STEELSPIKES

Should Steelers Rest Ben, Start Batch vs. Reeling Chargers?

Ben is playing, don't pay attention to the smoke screen Tomlin is throwing..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Er, pretty sure Baron was cut a couple of weeks ago. And double er, in case u haven't heard, Steelers just won with Batch at the helm.
    Errr As I said they won in spite of Batch at the helm....errrr maybe you missed the Browns debacle errrr or the mistakes he made in the Ravens game...errrr or maybe you just like to talk like a Pirate ERrrrr........

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Errr As I said they won in spite of Batch at the helm....errrr maybe you missed the Browns debacle errrr or the mistakes he made in the Ravens game...errrr or maybe you just like to talk like a Pirate ERrrrr........
    Err, Ben has won TONS of games with a he!! of a lot worse numbers than Batch had last week, especially against the Ravens. To say they won in spite of Charlie is absurd.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Err, Ben has won TONS of games with a he!! of a lot worse numbers than Batch had last week, especially against the Ravens. To say they won in spite of Charlie is absurd.
    To be fair here the Ravens D that Charlie faced was their worst defense in years.........

Thread Information